• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks -- GAME 2

lethalweapon3

13 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Not gonna lie.  I'm expecting the series to come to ATL 1-1.  This is the game where NYK are going to ball out and play really really well, imo.  I can see them getting off to a hot start, Hawks struggling a little with new defense on Trae, not hitting shots early, and then never really getting back into the game.  Knicks by 8-10 imo. That's what I'm expecting.  

Now I need Trae to tell me to shut the F up and go out and LEAD this team to a HUGE victory!!  

They Had Us In The First Half Not Gonna Lie GIF - TheyHadUsInTheFirstHalf NotGonnaLie GIFs

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I want to agree, but so far we have only seen the Knicks bench get results.  I need to see their starters show that they can handle us before I just concede that the Knicks are gonna hit back.  They are gonna try.  We might be ready for whatever they throw at us, and we might have Randle wrapped up.  

They have to show me before I believe they can do it.  I have seen Trae get careless with turnovers and I've seen him off with his shot, but have you seen a defense stop Trae?

Knicks do not have a single player that can stay in front of Trae.  My worry is that they clog the lane to take away the floater and the lob and try to bait him and the whole team into being jump shooters only.  IF they do that and the team isn't hitting, I could see us getting behind.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Going to go ahead and predict that at least 2 of Capela, Collins, Hunter will see early foul trouble tonight.   Refs are going to ticky tack us to try to throw us off our game. 

Them swallowing the whistle against the Hawks in Game 1 didn't work. I expect them to be more intrusive in Game 2. Thanks to Nate, the Hawks seem to expect shenanigans so they should be ok as far as keeping their emotions in check. Still, potentially losing Capela early and/or having him play 20ish minutes total due to foul trouble would absolutely hurt the Hawks. The Hawks would have to shoot the lights out to win at that point.

• Like 4