Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks -- GAME 2

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

2nd year (playing with Len, Jones, Turner, Bembry, Parsons, Crabbe)
42pts/8 assists
48pts/13 assists
42pts/11 assists

Over 40 and 10 in his second year as a twenty one year old. Jeepers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Honestly, the best move is to get the ball out of Trae's hands. Even if we are much better at playing against the trap, it's still the most effective defense against us because it keeps him from playing in a rhythm. 

That being said, I expect them to blitz him hard. Tonight's game will come down to "other's". Bogi, Dre, Kev, Lou and Gallo need to go off. JC and Clint need to make good decisions with the ball because they will be the one's left most free.

We have had a lot of fun these last 2 days with the Villian Trae stuff, but the Knicks themselves are not their fans. They don't care about any of that crowd nonsense. They are coming to play tonight. Julius is going to get it going. Rose, Burks and Quickley are not afraid of the moment. Bullock can get hot and Barret has something to say as well.

Game 2 is going to be a dogfight. It can single handed tilt the series 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's the thing, Trae's passing is what makes him so special, out of the these traps and collapsing defenses...guys have to hit shots, but they can't settle for 3's.

On another note, Trae has been carving up the Knicks since he has been in the league.

1st year
14pts/5 assists
15pts/8 assists
15pts/10 assists
16pts/11 assists

2nd year (playing with Len, Jones, Turner, Bembry, Parsons, Crabbe)
42pts/8 assists
48pts/13 assists
42pts/11 assists

3rd year
31/14 assists
23/8 assists
20/14 assists (left with injury)

fixed it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Not gonna lie.  I'm expecting the series to come to ATL 1-1.  This is the game where NYK are going to ball out and play really really well, imo.  I can see them getting off to a hot start, Hawks struggling a little with new defense on Trae, not hitting shots early, and then never really getting back into the game.  Knicks by 8-10 imo. That's what I'm expecting.  

Now I need Trae to tell me to shut the F up and go out and LEAD this team to a HUGE victory!!  

This is our default as Atlanta sports fans.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, warcore said:

Supes.... I agree with you, but these are all the same!? 🤷‍♂️

Lol. It's all about rebounding but we gotta do everything entailing it. We aren't the biggest squad and the Knicks are big dudes, we gotta do what we gotta do.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

I want Trae to run the same action on the first play of the game and float in our first 2 points, as a nice reminder that he can and will get into the lane whenever he wants.  

When the doubles come, I hope Trae runs off ball and sets some off ball screens to leave the Knicks players wondering who to guard.  Their defense is tough, physical, and plays with 100% effort but their decision making isn't great.  We have to keep exposing them and forcing players to make decisions and communicate

Everybody would hate it . . . but I would love if he just casually dribbled up the court and launched a logo 3 to start the game.

If he misses it, the crowd would be all over him, with Nate probably rolling his eyes.

If he made it, it would be one of the more badass shots to start a game, and have that crowd in disbelief.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member

O be honest Elfred Payton gave us the most trouble (aside from Randle) in the regular season. He was eating us alive in the paint. They just went away from him late in the season for some unknown reason.  Let’s hope they keep him on the sideline. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

All this attention on Trae and they don't even know Bogi is a freaking killer in his own right. Do not let this man get hot, he can go for 30 in a blink. I kind of hope it's one of those games where our shooters go crazy. We've seen it happen before, it will happen again.

Believe the Knicks will have to change the game strategy for game three because of Bogi. Them adjusting for Trae severely will bite them in the ass tonight. Bogi for 25 or 30 and a clutch three late this game

• Like 1