• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NOW moving on to Philly, I see Philly fans already moving to the ECF like Knicks fans to the 2nd round (UPDATED)

NBASupes

With Embiid now day-to-day with a small meniscus tear, I personally suspect he will be out for several games due to his size/weight and the stress it might cause.  Therapy vs. surgery is the big question.

Not to wish ill health on anyone, but since it has already occurred ...

Best case scenario is that 76ers and Wizards series goes seven games, with Embiid out for the year.

We then beat Philly.

One can dream ...

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Thats unfortunate and just sad to hear. He's been having a great season and the organization has solid management behind him now. The media has been trying to split him and Ben for years now and it looked like they were gonna shut them up. 

Hopefully he can play out the season without anything else happening.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Ooomph - that's unfortunate.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Are the sixers really going to let Embiid play with a torn meniscus? Hawks would never in a million years. 

They aren't letting him play, I think it's just a smokescreen.  For a guy with as many injuries as he has had - no way they let him play.

See what happened to KP in Dallas last season - same torn meniscus at the end of the season, played on it in the bubble and it got worse then needed surgery last October - hasn't looked the same.

• Like 2

Absolutely no way should any superstar player in their prime be allowed to play on a torn meniscus. The sample size with this is overwhelming, he needs to sit and rest it. No playing and no Brandon Roy treatment. Embiid is worth too much to the 76ers and the NBA to shorten or damage his career.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I know it was a different injury but I'm sure we all remember KD trying to play through a major injury in the Finals....it's just not a good idea.  This doesn't bode well for Philly and I feel for Embiid.  Seemed like a really good opportunity for them this year but if the cards play in our favor it would be nice if we can get to round 2 and take advantage.

Edited by AUhawksfan
  • Like 4

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Are the sixers really going to let Embiid play with a torn meniscus? Hawks would never in a million years. 

Emory wouldn't let him play if they saw a patient before him that had a torn meniscus.  MRI results could have been mixed up, too risky, shut him down.

• Haha 2

The question with this meniscus injury is whether it is an old injury that is an incidental finding or a new tear.  If it is old, then he could possibly play in a few days with PT and conservative treatment.  If it is new, then he will need surgery and will be out for the rest of the playoffs.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1