NOW moving on to Philly, I see Philly fans already moving to the ECF like Knicks fans to the 2nd round (UPDATED)

NBASupes

Embiid v Capela

Harris v John

Simmons v Dre

Green v Bogi

Curry v Trae

I know some people would prefer Trae guard Green because Green can't dribble or run like Curry, but the size mismatch will entice them to post Trae and us to help and leave shooters like Curry open or driving lanes for Simmons. Id rather Trae chase Curry around and play straight up D.

On any given possession we can cross match guards v guards and forwards v forwards. But the key is to stay in front of your man and not leave these guys open to pick apart rotating defenders.

Off the bench, Sixers are much deeper than the Knicks. Hill and Lou cancel each other out. Thybulle is going to get starters minutes guarding Trae and maybe even Bogi if he gets hot. Dwight is big and smart enough to cause problems for OO. Kev and Gallo have to come up big to win the banch matchup.

Biggest worry is they have 2 All-League level defenders to put in front of Trae and frustrate him.  Like, generational defenders. You kill the head and the body will follow. If they slow Trae we need an answer from the supporting cast.

Best thing we can do is take game 1. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Thybulle is going to get starters minutes guarding Trae and maybe even Bogi if he gets hot.

This kind of scares me. Thybulle is the one guy that could possibly guard Trae the best on their roster.

7 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Dwight is big and smart enough to cause problems for OO.

Gonna bet against this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

He needs to burn 🔥 Curry. It’s the most LP sided matchup on paper and should be on the court. No way he can stay in front of Trae. :good:

They will put Simmons on Trae from jump.

Curry on Bogi likely and Green on Hunter

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Embiid v Capela

Harris v John

Simmons v Dre

Green v Bogi

Curry v Trae

I know some people would prefer Trae guard Green because Green can't dribble or run like Curry, but the size mismatch will entice them to post Trae and us to help and leave shooters like Curry open or driving lanes for Simmons. Id rather Trae chase Curry around and play straight up D.

On any given possession we can cross match guards v guards and forwards v forwards. But the key is to stay in front of your man and not leave these guys open to pick apart rotating defenders.

Off the bench, Sixers are much deeper than the Knicks. Hill and Lou cancel each other out. Thybulle is going to get starters minutes guarding Trae and maybe even Bogi if he gets hot. Dwight is big and smart enough to cause problems for OO. Kev and Gallo have to come up big to win the banch matchup.

Biggest worry is they have 2 All-League level defenders to put in front of Trae and frustrate him.  Like, generational defenders. You kill the head and the body will follow. If they slow Trae we need an answer from the supporting cast.

Best thing we can do is take game 1. 

Trae will guard Green, he's a spot up 3 point shooter. He has no post game and he can't dribble. So if they try that I'm ok with that as that will be going against their strength.

We're ready.

Philly Fans!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Green on Hunter

I respect Green a lot but dude is getting up there in age and wear and tear, Hunter can take advantage of this with his youth, physicality and IQ. Green is a pretty smart vet but Hunter might be able to do some things against him.

5 minutes ago, Dejay said:

I'm feeling quietly confident...

🤫 me too 😉 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Trae will guard Green, he's a spot up 3 point shooter. He has no post game and he can't dribble. So if they try that I'm ok with that as that will be going against their strength.

We're ready.

Green is a legit 6-8. He is, from a movement perspective, the easiest cover for Trae, but if he gets it going he will shoot over top of him all day.

If Green is off or a non factor, they will just play Thybulle more. 

Philly is a tricky one for me. We HAD their number under Bruce Brown, but Doc has these boys playing to their strengths and potential. 

• Like 2

“Partially torn meniscus” sounds too serious for someone of Embiids size and injury history.  We have the slight edge unless he benefits from some amazing experimental treatment.  He’s gonna be limping back to the locker room all series dealing with the physicality of John, Clint, and Yeka.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Those personal edition color-coded Nike Air Command Forces tho 🔥

I miss the 90s so much.

Same, take me back to 91 baby we about to draft plastic man. :rolleyes: 90’s were sweet for sure.

Thybulle on Trae..

“He’s a dynamic score and passer,” said Matisse Thybulle. “I think he draws a lot of attention off the pick-and-roll, his ability to stretch the court with his 3, with his range. I think we definitely match up well these guys.”

The Sixers do have a ton of defenders they can throw at Young. Guys like Thybulle, Ben Simmons, Danny Green, and others will have their hands full in the upcoming series, but they do have the personnel to corral him.

“We’re one of those rare teams who has a lot of options on defense,” Thybulle added. “We have the opportunity to throw a lot of guys at him. I’m fairly confident in our ability to match up with him.”

And Big Ben, the articulate one.. :indifferent:

“We gotta get ready for the Hawks,” said Simmons. “No real thoughts. Just gotta play the Hawks.”