• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NOW moving on to Philly, I see Philly fans already moving to the ECF like Knicks fans to the 2nd round (UPDATED)

NBASupes

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Thybulle on Trae..

“He’s a dynamic score and passer,” said Matisse Thybulle. “I think he draws a lot of attention off the pick-and-roll, his ability to stretch the court with his 3, with his range. I think we definitely match up well these guys.”

The Sixers do have a ton of defenders they can throw at Young. Guys like Thybulle, Ben Simmons, Danny Green, and others will have their hands full in the upcoming series, but they do have the personnel to corral him.

“We’re one of those rare teams who has a lot of options on defense,” Thybulle added. “We have the opportunity to throw a lot of guys at him. I’m fairly confident in our ability to match up with him.”

And Big Ben, the articulate one.. :indifferent:

“We gotta get ready for the Hawks,” said Simmons. “No real thoughts. Just gotta play the Hawks.”

Them dudes more limited offensively than even the Knicks. Embiid is the show.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Green is a legit 6-8. He is, from a movement perspective, the easiest cover for Trae, but if he gets it going he will shoot over top of him all day.

If Green is off or a non factor, they will just play Thybulle more. 

Philly is a tricky one for me. We HAD their number under Bruce Brown, but Doc has these boys playing to their strengths and potential. 

Green is 6'6. He's smaller than Brooks from Memphis and the same height.

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, HawkingAwesome said:

Brandon Marshall didnt like the bow his reason "because the kids and someone going to cross u up and then bow" do wot? 

I am trying to picture that without either quitting on the play or leaving your man running wide open down the court.  Having trouble seeing it on a generic cross up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• lethalweapon3 changed the title to NOW moving on to Philly, I see Philly fans already moving to the ECF like Knicks fans to the 2nd round (UPDATED)
  • Premium Member

I've probably watched more games this year than I have in any one season over the past decade...and yet I have no recollection of our games vs. Philly.  I don't think I watched a single game vs. them this year and would explain why I'm at a loss scouting this matchup.  That and the glaring absences from our matchups.

Can't speak for what's so magical about the Sixers this year - other than Doc?  Is this Doc's first year behind the wheel? I dunno, but a cursory look at this year's Sixers doesn't change my opinion.  Solid veteran team with franchise quality pillars that, with Embiid, is a title contender.  Without Embiid, they're a middling team...albeit an upper middling team.

The key in this series is us...

I can't help but feel that everyone, to include us, is underestimating how good we really are.  How many games did we give away to LP's inexperience?  How many games did we give away due to lack of focus (like that Clippers game)?  How many games were closer than they had to be because we couldn't hit wide open shots?  Honestly, if this team tightens up on basic stuff...they're a handful for any team.

If we hit open shots and cut down on the youthful foolishness...we're going to the ECF's, Hawks in 6.  I believe that would be the case with or without Embiid.  If they can't calm down, we will lose this one in 5.

Side note: 
Is anyone else super thankful that we are starting these matchups on the road?  I feel like had we started the NY series in ATL, we would have played with less urgency.  The Knicks having home court gave our team real incentive to try and steal a game.  I feel the same about Philly.

• Like 4