Ainge No Stoppin' Him Now...

• Moderators

What I did say was...

I didn’t have many wild NBA preseason predictions, except for this one:

Danny Ainge, quietly, is preparing for his exit from Boston.

And I guess that's right, given Brevens is getting his gig. But I also guessed he'd be heading back West, so that part's wait-and-see.

~lw3

• Like 2

I'm decided.  The Stevens announcement coming the same day K begins his Duke exit is no coincident.  Duke will give Scheyer the gig for a year to take the buffer period following the legend.  Then they turn it over to Stevens.

Once K saw the NCAA was gonna let kids get paid on their own, instead of Duke financing their "college" careers behind the scenes, he's gettin' outta Dodge.  Haha

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m just smiling today. It’s fine if you think I’m a lunatic, I’m just gonna smile. :douchecock:

Anything that comes even remotely close to negativity for the Celtics means it is indeed a good day. All smiles here.

• Like 3

Listening to Scalabrine tryna rationalize all this Selltic nonsense is hilarious.  He just went through a mental obstacle course to explain that Stevens' failure to challenge Tatum's poor shot selection and lack of progression in his game was actually Braaad getting ready for the president job.

Huh?

• Confused 2

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Listening to Scalabrine tryna rationalize all this Selltic nonsense is hilarious.  He just went through a mental obstacle course to explain that Stevens' failure to challenge Tatum's poor shot selection and lack of progression in his game was actually Braaad getting ready for the president job.

Huh?

How he fix is mouth to stay that??:laugh1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Huh?

Dude is a much heavier drinker than I am pretty sure. Bizarre rational there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How he fix is mouth to stay that??:laugh1:

He said he was preparing to be disconnected with the players or stte.  What TF?

Apparently this decision was made around the trade deadline, which explains why strAinge was totally checked out half the year.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • Moderators
17 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Dang it! The Jazz were growing on me. Mitchell and Gobert. But Ainge, ugh. I still root for them over the scrubs lol.

I don't know.   Are they ever going to go anywhere?   Quinn's teams have been great in the regular season only to get smoked in the playoffs not by the eventual champs by some other also ran.    I don't know what they can do but seems like they should be trying to find another solid all star to pair with Mitchell.  

58 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I don't know.   Are they ever going to go anywhere?   Quinn's teams have been great in the regular season only to get smoked in the playoffs not by the eventual champs by some other also ran.    I don't know what they can do but seems like they should be trying to find another solid all star to pair with Mitchell.  

Gobert hides really well for a big guy lol, what more can he do?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Their problem is Mitchell.  He's been told he's Wade for so long he believes he has to take every shot.  In reality, their strength is in their depth of talent.  In the playoffs, they stop using it.  Only gonna get worse now that the actual Wade is there to be in his ear about taking over.

Watch how Gobert plays in the Olympics. He's not complete trash on O, which is how the Jazz treat him.

• Thanks 1