• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

They had to.. a coach or player. Probably both but man if nothing else Stotts was a pro. They were in need of a need voice though. Maybe Lillard needs a Chauncey type of coach. 🤷‍♀️ 

Nice work Stotts you’ll land somewhere soon I’m sure. 

• Like 3

Lillard wants Kidd.

Damian Lillard told Chris Haynes of Yahoo! Sports that his preference is for Jason Kidd to be the next coach of the Portland Trail Blazers.

“Jason Kidd is the guy I want,” Lillard told Haynes.

Kidd is currently an assistant coach of the Lakers.

Lillard is expected to be more vocal with his requests, sources told Haynes.

Lillard reportedly respects Kidd's basketball IQ and believes that he can take the Blazers to the next level.

While Lillard prefers Kidd, the Blazers are said to leaning towards Chauncey Billups

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@lethalweapon3 if you were the Blazers GM, who would you choose, Billups, Kidd or another? Also, how much would you listen to Dame’s input on the hire? Just curious what you would personally do.

Portland can thank their lucky stars I'm NOT the GM. I always rag on how bad I am predicting Northwest Division team outcomes, and coming into THIS year, my Lethalputer had the Blazers coming out of the West (it got LeBron and AD wearing down right, and the Hawks in a virtual tie with Miami for 1st in the Southeast, but not much else!). I won't even touch on who I had coming out of the East, or which team I had in dead-last. Don't y'all ever put me in charge of anything you don't wanna see losing!

I like Vanterpool, who kinda got screwjobbed in Minnesota, although I see how some could dismiss him as Stotts Warmed Over by association. And with Dame, you don't want to find yourself in a situation where you're picking someone primarily to appease him only to watch him demand a deal outta town in a season or two when he realizes the problem is Neil Olshey's swing-and-miss roster construction hamstringing his team's ability to navigate the NBA West (a conference, w/ GSW back online and a healthier LAL, that should only be more treacherous in 2022).

Vanterpool has the skills to work well with stars like Lillard and, obviously given his playing+coaching history, with guys from overseas. Despite the track records of Portland and the young post-Thibs Minnesota, Vanterpool fashions himself a defense-oriented guy, and it would be good to see what he'd do with a still-familiar core once he was fully in charge of the X's and O's. His team defensive strategies could be, for Dame, what McMillan's has been in his short time working with and around Trae.

https://www.nba.com/news/defensive-player-ladder-david-vanterpool-coaching-defensive-skills

~lw3

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

@lethalweapon3 if you were the Blazers GM, who would you choose, Billups, Kidd or another? Also, how much would you listen to Dame’s input on the hire? Just curious what you would personally do.

Heeeey, whattabout me?

I'd hire neither and dare Lillllllard to demand a trade.  Not like he's leading them anywhere.

Folks touting all the crazy shots and Dame-time and what-not.   But why doesnt anyone ever ask why they're always needing a desperation shot to force overtime in all these games?

Here's a hint, atleast part of it is because Dame can't defend a one-legged stool.

• Like 3

Have been rough on Kidd at times but I admit he did a classy thing removing his name from the coaching hunt of Portland. He stated Lillard casting his vote in the media before the search even physically started made him feel the process would be complicated or tainted for the Portland front office and thus he was uncomfortable. So kudos to Kidd.  

• Like 2