• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers -- GAME 1

lethalweapon3

28 minutes ago, marco102 said:

As tradition in the Hawks playoff wins, I'm feeling nervous. How about you?

I'm confident the Hawks won't sh*t the bed against Philly with or without Embiid.

Oddly I’m not and normally I am but  I’m just pretty confident in the Hawks against Philly in this rd2...with or without Embiid.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Me too. Is it a calm confidence in our team?

Side note: When did Ben Simmons become 7 ft or 6'11 as some media have been saying lately? I remember a game JC destroyed him.when both were playing center and Ben was about the same height as John.

I thought Ben was 6'-10", but whatever...he can't stick with Trae for a whole game.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I've read on some sixers boards that they expect Simmons to guard Capella and Green to guard Trae for stretches so they can switch the 1-5 pnr. Capella isn't really a strong post player so if they can deny the lob, it isn't a terrible switch. 

Dwight and Ben Simmons on the floor together has been absolutely horrible this year since Simmons needs space in the paint. 

Edited by SalvorMallow
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

I've read on some sixers boards that they expect Simmons to guard Capella and Green to guard Trae for stretches so they can switch the 1-5 pnr. Capella isn't really a strong post player so if they can deny the lob, it isn't a terrible switch. 

Dwight and Ben Simmons on the floor together has been absolutely horrible this year since Simmons needs space in the paint. 

Deny the lob, get the float.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Can he get the float with Simmons switched onto him? I think Simmons has the length to disrupt it, even if he is on Traes hip. 

Edited by SalvorMallow

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Maybe they want the float like all them nix eggsperts kept begging for.  Haha, how'd that work out?  Took 1 game for them to see their dumbarsery.

1 minute ago, SalvorMallow said:

Can he get the float with Simmons switched onto him? I think Simmons has the length to disrupt it, even if he is on Traes hip

Caboose-foul alert.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Can he get the float with Simmons switched onto him? I think Simmons has the length to disrupt it, even if he is on Traes hip. 

So who's guarding Capela to deny the lob? Are you saying Simmons is long enough to deny the lob while still denying the float?

Edited by JayBirdHawk

I think this game may go similar to what we saw in Brooklyn last night, with a team going away with a double digit victory.

Either team can pull this off today.

This game will more than likely be decided by the 4 min mark in the 4th quarter.   This is a "feeling out" game.

I don't see it close enough for neither fan base to be sweating at the end.

• Like 1

My guess is that Embiid is going to play and he will be effective to be honest. Which, if that's the case, changes a lot unless the Hawks make their 3's/don't play with youthful exuberance.

But that can be my Ms. Debbie Downer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I hope Trae sticks to what was working and not take so many logo 3s like he did last game.  Honestly, I would rather they are cut out all together

Here we go with this again.

While 14 threes are a little excessive, the distance on his 3s aren't the issue.  He doesn't necessarily shoot a higher percentage the closer he gets to the line.  Traditionally with him, he shoots better beyond 30 feet, than from 24 - 29 feet.

(( checking ))

Yep.  Just what I thought.

https://www.nba.com/stats/player/1629027/shooting/   ( playoffs )

Trae's shooting from 25 - 29 feet:   29.4%

Trae's shooting from 30 - 34 feet:   36.4%

This is a normal shot for him, no matter how bad of a shot it looks.  The thing with his shot is if he shoots it with rhythm and doesn't have to rush the shot to get it off.

A lot of times, when he's thinking about shooting it, instead of just letting it fly, he misses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Me too. Is it a calm confidence in our team?

Side note: When did Ben Simmons become 7 ft or 6'11 as some media have been saying lately? I remember a game JC destroyed him.when both were playing center and Ben was about the same height as John.

Bens height is always exaggerated. He's like 6'8. He stands eye to eye with other 6'8 wings, 6'11 centers tower over him. 

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I hope Trae sticks to what was working and not take so many logo 3s like he did last game.  Honestly, I would rather they are cut out all together

He can't and shouldn't. The threat of him taking them is also part of the offensive game plan. He just has to be mindful of time and circumstances when he takes them.

• Like 4