• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers -- GAME 1

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He's doing a great job. Articulate, concise, insightful, fair. 

He’s so talented as a broadcaster I’ve heard their going to replace Chuck on TNT... get the f*** outta here with that nonsense 

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Gallo was fouled too on his block, but @bleachkit says the refs were more than fair.

I didn't say they didnt miss calls. I noticed some missed calls live. But in general, I'm not a fan of making blanket statements about officiating. I prefer to go through the film and get a solid accounting of the missed calls, borderline calls etc. on both sides. 

Edited by bleachkit

Uh....Marv Albert and Mike Fratello were a great combo but a team lured Fratello back in the fray. Wasn't there a line in Godfather 3 about that stuff??  "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."

2 minutes ago, timebomb said:

He’s so talented as a broadcaster I’ve heard their going to replace Chuck on TNT... get the f*** outta here with that nonsense 

Shaq, Kenny and Chuck are not going anywhere because the ratings are good. But for me personally, trading cheap shots, half-assed analysis where they hardly know the players names, and eye-rolling hot takes, that doesn't appeal to me. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Trae gets the game ball...

Big shout out to Red Velvet.

Aside from Clint, RV may be our best defender.

I want you to go back and see the play with Maxy on the breakout and RV chasing him down.  RV blocked him and did not foul him when you watch the replay. 

It could have even been called a jump ball. It looked like Kev had both hands on the ball to me.

• Like 2

Just now, hawkman said:

It's all out in the open on national TV. Glad it's at least getting mentioned. Maybe Nate needs to make another statement to media.

Now folks West of the Mississippi know.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Shaq, Kenny and Chuck are not going anywhere because the ratings are good. But for me personally, trading cheap shots, half-assed analysis where they hardly know the players names, and eye-rolling hot takes, that doesn't appeal to me. 

They’re  entertaining. I really don’t think LP has it when it comes to broadcasting or analysis. Look he’s a good guy and he’ll end up as an assistant coach somewhere. But give me a break.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, terrell said:

Imagine how Sixers and their fans feel..Giving all of that effort just to come up short...Those hurt too..lol

They had everything in their favor and still lost to a 5th seed down a starter. You know that hurts and their fans are pretty salty about that too. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, timebomb said:

They’re  entertaining. I really don’t think LP has it when it comes to broadcasting or analysis. Look he’s a good guy and he’ll end up as an assistant coach somewhere. But give me a break.

Yea I mean, it you want a showman and a jokester/prankster, he's not your guy. 

Great WIN today! I was at work today and had the game on my phone but was to busy to catch majority of the game.  What the hell happened at the end? It looked like 76ers were at the line a lot and we were getting screwed by the refs by no calls? Was that the case? 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
Just now, AHawks89 said:

Great WIN today! I was at work today and had the game on my phone but was to busy to catch majority of the game.  What the hell happened at the end? It looked like 76ers were at the line a lot and we were getting screwed by the refs by no calls? Was that the case? 

Yes to all of this.

• Like 1