Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers -- GAME 1

lethalweapon3

29 minutes ago, timebomb said:

NBA tv fired that clown Rick Kamla now they hire their 11th ex failure Hawks coach. Hubby Brown Mike Fratello ect. Hey you want to be a analyst fail coaching the Hawks for a couple seasons. I remember Mike Brown was on NBA tv for a bit also. Why can’t NBA tv figure it out like TNT. Horrible 

Honestly, that's probably because the studio is in Atlanta. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I didn't say they didnt miss calls. I noticed some missed calls live. But in general, I'm not a fan of making blanket statements about officiating. I prefer to go through the film and get a solid accounting of the missed calls, borderline calls etc. on both sides. 

Philly was grabbing our players off ball all game long and it never got called. On the other end though...

• Like 4

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I am so glad we won that despite the refs wearing Sixers jerseys underneath their zebra shirts. That game was officiated so badly I had to walk away before throwing the remote through the tv. It was BLATANT in how biased the officiating was.

I have friends that are fans of other NBA teams and even they were texting me about how bad the refs were. 

Now we have home court advantage. Now we need to go up 2-0 on Tuesday to break their confidence.

This isn't your dad's Hawks out there. This team not only believes they can win but we have the TALENT from the top guy to the 13th guy to actually win playoff games. 

We need Hunter to come back... if we somehow make it through Philly without him we won't stand a chance against the Nets or Bucks without him. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Honestly, that's probably because the studio is in Atlanta. 

Yeah that’s probably it. I don’t want to get in stupid arguments with other Hawks fans. It doesn’t matter if LPs an anchor for NBA tv or an anchor holding the Hawks ship down.

But seriously I’m just excited we handled our business and got a win.

Just now, bleachkit said:

I hope we can practice how to handle  full court presses and traps. That's been a problem for us before. 

100% this is what we have to expect. Let Bogi and others bring the ball up the court because if they full court press and trap Trae and we have no answers it’s over.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, timebomb said:

100% this is what we have to expect. Let Bogi and others bring the ball up the court because if they full court press and trap Trae and we have no answers it’s over.

It's kind of shocking to me it took this long for a team to blitz Trae aggressively on the pick and rolls. Chicago did it last year with Dunn and dominated us. We have a lot more recourses than last year if they do that but still, if I'm the other team right now ANYONE but Trae Young is going to have to beat me. 

• Premium Member
Just now, Cwell said:

Hell, if Cam comes back and gets to play, and we make it passed Philly and play Brooklyn….he averages 30 since that seems to be his favorite opponent for some reason 😂 

"Fresh" Cam was rough enough on offense... not looking forward to "rusty" Cam lol. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

I think it's safe to say Embiid will be playing all series. He knows how to play hurt, and Philly needs him. 

That may hurt the 76ers long term. He was already limping and wincing on landings. We'll see how he looks next game. If he's slowed, they may have to sit him. 

5 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

It's kind of shocking to me it took this long for a team to blitz Trae aggressively on the pick and rolls. Chicago did it last year with Dunn and dominated us. We have a lot more recourses than last year if they do that but still, if I'm the other team right now ANYONE but Trae Young is going to have to beat me. 

The Mavericks did it to us this year, if I can remember correctly it was a couple of games before we let LP go. They did it the whole game and LP made zero adjustments. I think it’s a big reason LP got let go. 
You have to make teams pay for trying. If playing full court press and trapping superstars worked over the course of a series or a game than teams would do it constantly. Well coached teams in the NBA brake the press.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

2 minutes ago, HawkingAwesome said:

Never play prevent defense 

After witnessing the Super Bowl collapse I will never give team shit for playing the clock. When the Hawks spread Trea Young out in isolation, and milked clock I thought that was the correct strategy. Bogi missed several open threes, the defense did not get stops, and then when Philly started trapping (and fouling with no whistle) things came undone. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

"Fresh" Cam was rough enough on offense... not looking forward to "rusty" Cam lol. 

I mean he dropped 20+ in 3-4 matchups vs Brooklyn last year and 2-3 matchups this year. Just saying *shrugs* lol

Edited by Cwell
  • Like 2