• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers -- GAME 1

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It's because you have to expend a lot of energy to do that.  

You blitz Trae, then have to rotate back to shooters who can knock down 3s, or big men who can roll to the basket.

They're not going to be able to do that the entire game, if a team is properly prepared for it.

Sixers havd the bodies to rotate in and out. *Shrugs* Worth giving it a shot over letting Trae Young pretty much put up Michael Jordan numbers on ya imo. 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, terrell said:

Hahahahaha Trae won his first playoff series 1st

Luka still winless hahahaha.

Playing the Clips led by Robocop is a little different than the Knicks led by the Julius "Stay Puft" Randle... But I'll take it lol. 

P.S. Doncic had a pretty incredible individual performance that series... KP looking like he has the Julius Randle heart beating in his chest though. 

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, marco102 said:

My last post.  

Trae Young continues to cook Ben Simmons and the 76ers. I would say Embiid, but he went out there and performed on a half of a knee.  I can tell these people who don't watch the Hawks when they say Ben Simmons will shut him down.  Trae is too quick for Ben.  Trae also destroys Thybul and anyone else they throw on him single coverage. It'll be interesting to see how Philly guards him from now on.  The one thing that scares me is Ben on Bogi.  If the Trap's release is to Bogi, Ben may give him trouble.

Thybul has frustrated Trae the most. Problem is he is an offensive liability, so Doc has been hesitent to give him big minutes. However, with Thybul actually having a good offensive game I wouldn't be shocked if we see a whole lot more of him and less of Danny Green who straight up got embarassed in the first half. 

3 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Playing the Clips led by Robocop is a little different than the Knicks led by the Julius "Stay Puft" Randle... But I'll take it lol. 

P.S. Doncic had a pretty incredible individual performance that series... KP looking like he has the Julius Randle heart beating in his chest though. 

being up 2-0 going to your homecourt and losing the series.....there's never an excuse for that, even if they played the damn MONSTARS WITH JORDAN.

• Like 3

He was up 2 - 0 . . and had a close out game at home, and his team couldn't get it done.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

Thybul has frustrated Trae the most. Problem is he is an offensive liability, so Doc has been hesitent to give him big minutes. However, with Thybul actually having a good offensive game I wouldn't be shocked if we see a whole lot more of him and less of Danny Green who straight up got embarassed in the first half. 

Thybul didn't really frustrate him.  Trae just shot some terrible shots.  Trae did create space for those shots though.  I believe Thybul caused one turnover whenever Trae was trying an outlet pass out of the Trap.  Other than that, he was getting cooked too.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, marco102 said:

Thybul didn't really frustrate him.  Trae just shot some terrible shots.  Trae did create space for those shots though.  I believe Thybul caused one turnover whenever Trae was trying an outlet pass out of the Trap.  Other than that, he was getting cooked too.

Well, whatever the reason fact is Trae did not have much sucess with Thybul on him, and it isn't the first time.  If I'm the coach i'm sticking with the guy that is on Trae when he is missing the shots and not making them. 

Well, whatever the reason fact is Trae did not have much sucess with Thybul on him, and it isn't the first time.  If I'm the coach i'm sticking with the guy that is on Trae when he is missing the shots and not making them. 

For sure, I'm just thinking if Trae makes the right play there, it's not noticed. He played hero ball and took a couple of tough off the bounce shots.  I mean yeah maybe Thybul sped him up, but I don't see Doc playing Thybul single coverage on Trae.  They tried that in the first half with no success.

Edited by marco102

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

9 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I knew that was coming. The whole west coast is so much harder. The champs will be coming out of the East this year. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

For sure, I'm just thinking if Trae makes the right play their, it's not noticed. He played hero ball and took so tough off the bounce shots.  I mean yeah maybe Thybul sped him up, but I don't see Doc playing Thybul single coverage on Trae.  They tried that in the first half with no success.

Nah, no one in the world can stop Trae in single coverage. But put Thybul on him and help aggresively. That's the obvious strategy if I'm the 6ers, and it's what I would have done from the tip. 

1 minute ago, MarylandHawk said:

I knew that was coming. The whole west coast is so much harder. The champs will be coming out of the East this year. 

Just being objective. You don't think the Mavs beat the Knicks? Also, outside of a 100% healthy Nets team there isn't an Eastern conference team that is getting past the Jazz, who I'm fairly confident will make it out of the west.

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Like 1