• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers -- GAME 1

lethalweapon3

In twenty years if this was a sports card it would be worth the Tom Brady three million dollar price tag no doubt. Maybe Trae doesn't take seven titles but would be very happy to have one of our own here in NBA roundball Atlanta. 

ty.jpg

• Like 3

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Nah, no one in the world can stop Trae in single coverage. But put Thybul on him and help aggresively. That's the obvious strategy if I'm the 6ers, and it's what I would have done from the tip. 

Just being objective. You don't think the Mavs beat the Knicks? Also, outside of a 100% healthy Nets team there isn't an Eastern conference team that is getting past the Jazz, who I'm fairly confident will make it out of the west.

Let me be the first to make it clear to you. If the Nets, Bucks or Hawks, or Sixers advance to the finals, they will win it.  

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, Dejay said:

If I was a Sixers fan, I'm beyond concerned. If you had told me before the game that not only would Embiid play but hang 40, Hunter wouldn't play, and the refs had Iverson jerseys underneath their uniforms, I would've been hard pressed to believe a way for the Hawks to keep the margin within single digits. 

Despite getting their best shot from their best player, including the refs all but throwing a chair into the ring to help, they still lost. I have utter confidence that Nate Dogg will have them ready for those traps come Tuesday. And if Hunter returns, well...

Agreed, but it's just one game. Not gonna get super excited until we see what the match-up looks like a couple more games in. Obviously love it so far, but been rooting for this city long enough to know not to get ahead of myself. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Agreed, but it's just one game. Not gonna get super excited until we see what the match-up looks like a couple more games in. Obviously love it so far, but been rooting for this city long enough to know not to get ahead of myself. 

Fair enough. The next two games will say a lot. But if they somehow take Game 2 coming back home...

8 minutes ago, hazer said:

If Cam ends up as good a backup to Hunter as Huerter is to Bogey, it was highway robbery 👮‍♂️

4 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I still think that's the floor for Cam. He has a lot more in him offensively than what he's shown so far. 

Drafting great backups is almost as important a skill of a top GM as drafting stars.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dejay said:

If Reddish turns into Jason Tatum and the Hawks continue winning playoff games while the Mavs are booking vacation cruises with Expedia, things are going to get very uncomfortable for execs in Mark Cuban's office...

Luckily Cuban cares more about marketing the international product so win or lose he is satisfied. He cares more about the biz than the ball 🏀 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, hazer said:

All hail Schlenk ✨

If I speak 🗣 about Schlenk in my house anymore some things maybe be said about things I may/may not want to do to him like they were today with Bogi. 

... :indifferent: She came outta left field with those comments they were really uncalled for...we were talkin basketball 🏀 and she took a to a different forum.. oh, and get this, after it, she says..nice win but the Sixers are definitely better than the Knicks.. no :censored: EVERYONE KNOWS THAT! Can you just let me enjoy my win?... Piss me off I’ll go for a 20 min chore/anger drive and pick up the milk 🥛..

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

It feels great because we just beat a team that is 29-7 at home this year... and is the #1 seed in the East.   And their best players played and their best player had a great game. 

I know it was ugly down the stretch... but we just beat the #1 seed overall in the East  while they were at full strength... IN their house. 

Let's go Hawks!!!!

True!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, Dejay said:

Fair enough. The next two games will say a lot. But if they somehow take Game 2 coming back home...

Dallas took the two home games from the Clips... and lost. Stilll a loooooong way to go. Love the start, love everything about the team right now, but can we keep it up? I have a good feeling but feel hesitent to admit that out loud lol. 

• Like 4