Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers -- GAME 1

lethalweapon3

Guys, I don't think Dallas regrets trading for Luka.  Much harder to get a playoff series win out west.  I think both the Hawks and Mavs are ecstatic to draft a franchise cornerstone. 

The conversation just got a little more interesting that you can actually make a case for Trae Young > Luka.  If the playoff run continues, I think people would give it some thought.    

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Guys, I don't think Dallas regrets trading for Luka.  Much harder to get a playoff series win out west.  I think both the Hawks and Mavs are ecstatic to draft a franchise cornerstone. 

The conversation just got a little more interesting that you can actually make a case for Trae Young > Luka.  If the playoff run continues, I think people would give it some thought.    

It's not a debate that interests me quite frankly. Id rather focus on our team. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, marco102 said:

The full court press caught the Hawks off guard.  They will be better prepared for it.  However, check out the below if they decide to trap Trae. 

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31578579/the-philadelphia-76ers-pick-their-poison-trae-young

We have a special talent in Trae.  Like @TheNorthCydeRises says.  Respect the Superstar!!!

Edit:  It really was the turnovers down the stretch.  Didn't realize this from the article above. 

If he sees the double coming you’re already cooked, he just passes too well out of it.  He was beating sideline doubles as a rookie.  His mates do a great job of coming toward the ball too so he has more passing style options. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Dallas went all in to win early and are paying the price right now 

Their roster is kinda meh. They thought they had a chance at Giannis, but obviously that didnt happen. Probably gonna lose THJR in free agency too. No shame to losing to the Clippers in 7. 

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Despite struggling a little with the turnovers, Johnny Max had a real good game.  Still highly efficient.

When he's hitting threes, that's big for us. Teams are so worried about Trae and Bogi, they usually concede JC on the perimeter. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Trae's dad is clapping back now that we are in the second round. 

I feel Ray here. Trae got crapped on because the Hawks had a bad record his first two years. The reality was Trae was our #1 guy last year. Luka has never been carrying his team. The on/off splits have always revealed it. You can check:

While Trae has been a more efficient scorer and passer each year of his career, Luka has been amassing stats that are impressive, but not making his team better. Even in these playoffs, Trae has pulled down almost the same number of offensive boards as Luka. Trae was snubbed for ROY because he was a great player on one of the worst teams talent wise ever put on an NBA court. So I have no problem saying Trae is better than Luka this year since his team is advancing and Luka's is not. If Luka's not even top-3 on his own team in on/off splits, he shouldn't be held up as the greatest young player. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Despite struggling a little with the turnovers, Johnny Max had a real good game.  Still highly efficient.

I never worry about Johnny Martin III. An elite screener and lob threat who shoots a career .418 from the corner three and who’s FT shooting has improved every year to .830 who’s a great teammate?  Sign me up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1