• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers -- GAME 1

lethalweapon3

43 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Why did we?  Prevent offense late in the game.  Hold the ball for 24 seconds.  Turnover, clock ran out.  Why?  To me, this is the big reason the 76ers were so eager to come back on the Hawks.

Atlanta shut down their offense late in the 4th quarter.  Ugh!  Don't do this any more.  Keep pressing them and force them to expend energy, playing defense.  

We saw what the 76ers are capable of.  The 76ers, on the other hand, were introduced to what the Hawks are capable of when they ran away on the 1st half.  

:smug:

Just like prevent D late in football games. A pretty good way to lose the lead.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Both guys are special, I just don't appreciate the two-faced narrative and goal post shifting.

Oh I agree with that, and poiting out the double standard is fine. But trying to discredit Luka who just averaged close to a 35 point triple double and ranks fourth all time in points scored in first 8 playoff games is unnecessary IMO. He had a hell of a playoff series, and had a hell of a playoff series last year too, I've never seen a player dominate without really having a physical edge... I mean outside of Jokic. To me watching both him and Jokic is fascinating, and I'm gald they are in the NBA doing what they are doing.

• Moderators

Some say Hawks won't shoot like that again and that could be true.   But it's also unlikely we have the comedy of errors from the Hawks and refs that was the end of game 1.  

But these aren't the Knicks.   They have much better shooters and scorers and if the refs are going to let them really get physical then we've got our toughest game yet coming up.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Honestly the whole Luka vs Trae thing is dumb. They are both incredible players that make history every single year, loving one doesn't mean you have to hate the other, unless you are completely blinded by homerism. 

Makes a lot of sense right. How come no one wants to do that on Trae’s behalf. They would rather tag him as a national villain than to give him credit for his own work.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

76ers - - - - 24-35

Hawks - - - 20-21

Ours was smaller but our % was great last night!  What?   Free throws!  Capela missed one.  Hawks made the rest of their free throws.

One of the small things in last night's game but you had to know that I would notice !!

GO ATL HAWKS !

:smug:

I was amused to read in some places about the game talking about the unusually terrible night Philly had from the line as if the whole team struggled.  The non-Ben-Simmons Sixers shot 84% from the line.  That is strong.

Simmons tanked that entirely himself which is really problematic for your point.  While that 3-10 was a bad night even for him, it isn't like he hasn't shot 1-5, 2-6, 4-9, etc. on more than a dozen nights this season.  He didn't have a single night the entire season where he shot more than 3 FTAs and hit them all.  He misses FTs and that is just something they are going to have to deal with - especially in the playoffs.

Look at his playoff run:

0-6

0-3

5-11

5-8

3-10

total:  13-38; 34% overall

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

rewatched the end of the game.   Really worst call was when they absolutely mugged Bogi for a 'steal'.   Green reached around from his back with both arms, pinned his arm and slapped the ball out.   That was a joke, and it's a joke that you can't challenge something like that.  

You can challenge fouls but you can't challenge non fouls. I guess there are some logistical issues involved with that because how do you stop play, etc. Challenging non fouls is probably not doable as far as implementation. 

• Premium Member

Why is Solo taking 7 3s????  I don't want to see that again, ever.

I think the Sixers may start Thybulle on Trae while using Simmons to double and trap that will leave whoever the SF is open, that would be Hill - in this scenario we should go with Snell.

Please Hunter, be ready to play on Tuesday.

• Like 3