• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers -- GAME 1

lethalweapon3

5 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

I thought there were a few non-calls that should have gone against the Sixers late in the game.  One was Seth Curry pushing off on his corner 3.  And one was Trae's turnover at midcourt.  The other was Bogie getting abused on the takedown.  

Curry lowkey did the cupid shuffle on that step back too, but thank James Harden smh

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I hope we don't rest on our laurels.  PHI riding the overreliance on subs stretch to a spectacular loss reminds me of what we did in game 2 vs NYK.

It's possible Glenn makes a winning adjustment for game 2, so I hope we get greedy and meet their aggressiveness.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Cwell said:

Curry lowkey did the cupid shuffle on that step back too, but thank James Harden smh

On that Curry Pushoff,  Even Hubie called it a push off....  smh.    You can't push off to get separation anymore Hubie. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

What gets on my nerves more than anything is Lukastans talking if Luka had Traes supporting cast. It wouldn't matter. We played Luka/Harden/Trae Ball before Nate took over. Bogi had a negative WAR and it was awful too. One of the worst in the NBA.

Kevin had a -0.6 WAR. Cam looked like one of the worst offensive players in the league and only had a positive WAR due to his defense which became neutral as the injury became unbearable. Cam literally had our 4th highest WAR with Trae Ball. Gallo was in the negatives. Maybe just maybe, y'all should dump Luka Ball for a real system.

Look, Luka has been in the playoffs 2 years in a row and hasn't gotten past the first round.   Luka is a great player.   I think the same can be said about Trae.   They are going to be connected forever but let's not act as though Trae was a bad pickup. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

What gets on my nerves more than anything is Lukastans talking if Luka had Traes supporting cast. It wouldn't matter. We played Luka/Harden/Trae Ball before Nate took over. Bogi had a negative WAR and it was awful too. One of the worst in the NBA.

Kevin had a -0.6 WAR. Cam looked like one of the worst offensive players in the league and only had a positive WAR due to his defense which became neutral as the injury became unbearable. Cam literally had our 4th highest WAR with Trae Ball. Gallo was in the negatives. Maybe just maybe, y'all should dump Luka Ball for a real system.

They should get a real system, but even if you drop Luka into our system right now, we're not doing as well as with Trae.  People sleep so hard on Trae's vision and passing.  Luka does not have that in the same way that Harden does not have it.  Those guys rack up volume assists because they drive/kick 80 times a game.  Trae's assists numbers are even more impressive when you factor in how many hockey assists he has to be racking up (not sure if that's tracked anywhere), and I think his assist:turnover ratio is already better than lukas.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

They should get a real system, but even if you drop Luka into our system right now, we're not doing as well as with Trae.  People sleep so hard on Trae's vision and passing.  Luka does not have that in the same way that Harden does not have it.  Those guys rack up volume assists because they drive/kick 80 times a game.  Trae's assists numbers are even more impressive when you factor in how many hockey assists he has to be racking up (not sure if that's tracked anywhere), and I think his assist:turnover ratio is already better than lukas.

NBA.com keeps secondary assists.  In these playoffs Luka’s first (1.9), Trae second (1.5).  Devin Booker (!) third at 1.3.  Regular season Trae was 5th, Luka 17th (Dennis the Menace first). 

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Honestly, Philly did steal some momentum.   That's good though.   We won't come in too cocky.  We should have more focus because Nate is going to coach us pass that press.   What will Philly do then??

Yep, and now we've got tape to review and teach. 

1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

As someone who has had a partially torn meniscus, I can assure you there is a high possibility of more damage.  When the torn flap flips up into your ball joint, you have to pop your knee back into place to force it back in down, which hurts like hell. 

And if you aren't careful and it tears more, there could be a time when you think it's just not popping back in so you push it harder, and then partially tear one of your ligaments. Which leaves you with your leg locked at about a 90 degree angle for 6 weeks while you walk around on crutches waiting for the swelling to go down so you can have surgery. 

Don't ask me how I know this.

But my advice to Embiid is to shut it down for the season. Especially someone with his injury history and size. 

I pretty much know that I have a torn ACL in my knee that I suffered way back in the summer of 1993.  Either that, or I severely tore my meniscus.  Because when I first did it, I couldn't even put pressure on my leg.  It felt like my entire knee slipped out of place.  I may have both.

Because I didn't have insurance ( and was in college at the time ), I limped around on crutches for about a week, soaking my legs in bathwater twice a day, for about 45 minutes at a time.  Once the swelling started to go down, my leg was stuck at a 45 degree angle.  At around Day 5, I could at least walk on my leg with crutches, but it was extremely weak.  After about a week, I could move my leg slowly back and forth, but I couldn't get it to bend straight.

Then all of a sudden, it popped back into place.   And it didn't hurt when it did it.   Once it popped into place, I was able to walk again.  I eventually got to the point where I could play basketball again, but at about 50% speed.  I believe it was Garrison Hearst who still played football without an ACL in his knee.  That was me throughout my 20s.

The knee would pop out of place from time to time, and get stuck in that 45 degree angle.  Sometimes it would take an hour or two, but I could eventually pop it back into place, and start to walk again.

(( knock on wood )) .  . the knee hasn't popped out of place in about 15 years.  But now it's my "weather knee".  When the weather drastically changes, it starts to hurt.

• Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Honestly, Philly did steal some momentum.   That's good though.   We won't come in too cocky.  We should have more focus because Nate is going to coach us pass that press.   What will Philly do then??

Agreed.  And what do they think?  They gonna press all game long?  

• Like 3