Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers -- GAME 1

lethalweapon3

2 hours ago, RandomFan said:

As someone who has had a partially torn meniscus, I can assure you there is a high possibility of more damage.  When the torn flap flips up into your ball joint, you have to pop your knee back into place to force it back in down, which hurts like hell. 

And if you aren't careful and it tears more, there could be a time when you think it's just not popping back in so you push it harder, and then partially tear one of your ligaments. Which leaves you with your leg locked at about a 90 degree angle for 6 weeks while you walk around on crutches waiting for the swelling to go down so you can have surgery. 

Don't ask me how I know this.

But my advice to Embiid is to shut it down for the season. Especially someone with his injury history and size. 

Granted, a full meniscal tear hurts. I have not known of a lot of ligament damage from a torn meniscus. If that is a common result from a fully torn meniscus, then I would agree. My point on managing the pain is as long as he can go, let him go. If however there is a 50% chance of ligament damage (which I do not know), then I'd agree. Shut him down. Normally the ligament damage precedes the tearing of the meniscus as the shear force of the femur sliding away from the tibia can shred the meniscus. Again, I am not sure of the opposite occurring. 

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, AHF said:

It is not the hardest adjustment in the world to deal with full court.  It is punishable and that is why no team has run much of it since Pitino tried and failed 20 or so years ago.*  This is the ideal type of thing for a coach and team to prepare for with just a little film and a pretty short amount of practice time, imo.

(* Also few NBA players will stand or can take the effort of running it for very long.  But if it was successful somebody would do it with a young emerging team.)

oh no doubt 

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

Look, Luka has been in the playoffs 2 years in a row and hasn't gotten past the first round.   Luka is a great player.   I think the same can be said about Trae.   They are going to be connected forever but let's not act as though Trae was a bad pickup. 

I am grateful we got Trae! Love to watch him play and create for the team.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, enrique said:

Here are the regular season hockey assists among other passing stats. Trae is the second most efficient passer in the regular season.

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/passing/?sort=POTENTIAL_AST&dir=1&Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Regular Season

Here are the playoff stats. Luka has upped his passing game, but Trae is the most efficient passer in the playoffs so far.

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/passing/?sort=POTENTIAL_AST&dir=1&Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Playoffs

Thanks, this is really helpful -- I love stats but I'm pretty bad at finding them, but this matches the eye test

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Sixers favored by 5 for game 2.

This is the past speaking.   In the past, teams would put on their big boy pants and we'd go out...

Not this time. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

This is the past speaking.   In the past, teams would put on their big boy pants and we'd go out...

Not this time. 

Ya I agree. I think we come out focused again. 🤞🏾 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Thanks, this is really helpful -- I love stats but I'm pretty bad at finding them, but this matches the eye test

If you need help understanding any of the stats there let me know. Also, we should start a thread with our favorite sources of stats. 

• Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Let a man dream!!!  Cam is the truth, everyone will see it one day

So you on the Cam boat 🚣‍♂️ with Supes and I? We been telling people that since 91, ok maybe 2019, but look my Cam jersey is collecting dust in the closet. GET WELL CAM LETS GOOOOOO!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

So you on the Cam boat 🚣‍♂️ with Supes and I? We been telling people that since 91, ok maybe 2019, but look my Cam jersey is collecting dust in the closet. GET WELL CAM LETS GOOOOOO!!!

I don't think my Cam jersey has seen sunlight since LP was coach

• Haha 3