• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Villain and Freak pair

Spud2nique

Would you do this deal in 1 or 2 years perhaps?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Giannis to Hawks for Collins/Cam/Huerter/1st

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/09/2022 at 08:23 AM

IF ...and I emphasis IF, things don’t work out for us, (or the Bucks) would you make this trade in a year or year and a half or two.

Hawks get : Giannis

Bucks get: Collins (resigned), Cam and Huerter + 1st round pick (lotto protected)

PG- Trae

SG- Bogi

SF- Hunter

PF- Giannis

C- Capela

In the deal, we pair generational talents Trae and Giannis but also pair Bogi with Giannis. 

Just came to mind watching the Bucks getting ripped apart. Wow, this is ugly. Bud is a goner. 

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 4

• Moderators

Voted yes.  Would be subject to seeing what we do but two MVP candidates together is a special thing.  I would not let the limitations of a Capela / Giannis frontcourt obscure what combo of offense and defense we could have with a lineup of:

Trae

Bogi

Hunter

Giannis

Capela

I think that in and of themselves Giannis and Trae make for a very good pairing as well.  While I’m a fan of all three of our guys, I don’t think any will ever be close to where Giannis is now and the NBA is a quality over quantity league - especially for teams that win multiple titles.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Capela removes the need for Giannis on defense and offensively, he needs the rock, he's not a screen movement player. 

I think it would be great to have a 2 time NBA MVP.. but the package that we would be offering is more compensation than he is worth and I think would actually put us backwards for the reason you mention. If Travis was afraid that he couldn't resign all of those guys because of how all the contracts run together, then I understand and would go with it.  BUT.....  If we could keep Capela and the rest of those guys... then yeah.  Let's keep this team together to see how good we can be. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I would say no, but if the said trade had to happen I would have to include Brook Lopez and Clint Capela.  

Trae

Bogdanovich

Hunter

Giannis

Lopez

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TRW said:

I would say no, but if the said trade had to happen I would have to include Brook Lopez and Clint Capela.  

Trae

Bogdanovich

Hunter

Giannis

Lopez

Why Lopez? Because of what Supes said about removing the need for interior D. Plus Brook shoots outside opens for Trae, but Capela has been 2 men at work. Love me some cap 🧢 ela and @capstone21:biggrin:

4 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

Cam's potential.

I love Cam too. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AHF said:

Voted yes.  Would be subject to seeing what we do but two MVP candidates together is a special thing.  I would not let the limitations of a Capela / Giannis frontcourt obscure what combo of offense and defense we could have with a lineup of:

Trae

Bogi

Hunter

Giannis

Capela

I think that in and of themselves Giannis and Trae make for a very good pairing as well.  While I’m a fan of all three of our guys, I don’t think any will ever be close to where Giannis is now and the NBA is a quality over quantity league - especially for teams that win multiple titles.

I also don’t know if keeping everyone long term is feasible? I mean I’m not the cap guy but don’t we have to pay everyone at some point? I just wouldn’t want a Danny Ainge incident to happen to Schlenk. I don’t know if it’s similar, probably not quite but Ainge had multiple draft picks and looked like the Celts would cruise for a decade and it didn’t really happen.

I love this team though. Hunter, Cam, I wouldn’t want to trade them but Giannis and Trae might be too good to pass up. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I also don’t know if keeping everyone long term is feasible? I mean I’m not the cap guy but don’t we have to pay everyone at some point? I just wouldn’t want a Danny Ainge incident to happen to Schlenk. I don’t know if it’s similar, probably not quite but Ainge had multiple draft picks and looked like the Celts would cruise for a decade and it didn’t really happen.

I love this team though. Hunter, Cam, I wouldn’t want to trade them but Giannis and Trae might be too good to pass up. 

Difference between the Hawks and Celtics, it appears Schlenk hit on more than three of his draft picks. The picks also all fit together.

• Like 3

Sorta on topic, Giannis looked pretty good last night though not MVP good and of course the thorn everyone mentions is the three point shot. He hit for 0% last night which is not such an uncommon thing for him. He also is poor at the foul line so @Gray Mule is gonna be frustrated often do think, think I would be late in games. Love the guy but am leaning towards our depth right now and as said by others we aren't sure how good of a thing we have in Cam yet. What we do know is Cam can and has shut down three positions at times. And the Kevin is showing what he is worth in these playoffs for sure. Going with what we have do believe. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

This is all hypothetical, but we can’t think like Boston and never use our assets for an upgrade.  In the NBA the team with the two best players usually wins.  

What about Dame Lillard?  

I really don't want to see him and Trae try to play defense for at least 20 minutes a night. We'd be giving a lot of points up, and failing to fully utilize both players at the same time as both players need the ball in their hands. I honestly like the team we have now, we really just need a backup PG and an upgrade from Gallinari. Everything else on this roster works, for at least the next couple of seasons.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, Cwell said:

Not a fan of Giannis at all. Dude hit the genetic lottery but can’t really hoop for real. Any team with him as the best player ain’t going anywhere in the playoffs

Unfortunately I agree as much as I like Giannis personally.  Your #1 option as a non-shooting (let's be real) big just doesn't work in todays game.  I think they constructed pretty much an ideal roster around him this year, but it's not looking good.  Bud is probably half the problem up there but I just really don't like non-shooting 1st options, Giannis is basically a bigger version of Ben Simmons that isn't afraid to shoot occasionally. 

Edited by JeffS17
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Capela removes the need for Giannis on defense and offensively, he needs the rock, he's not a screen movement player. 

I get that the Capela/Giannis pairing is not ideal., but talent wins more often than not in the NBA.  I wouldn't let Capela be the thing that stops me from acquiring Giannis though. Now wether I want to pay the freight to get him is another discussion all together because it will take a few more 1st to Collins, Cam and Huerter.

Two things I'd fix with Giannis: 1. His shooting mechanics - he does not lean into his shots, he falls back  and 2.  He needs to stop lifting heavy weights, lighter weights more reps - I think that has affected his freethrow motion.

• Like 3