• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers -- GAME 2

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

They rotated on defense better and contested the corner threes much better from what I saw.  If the Hawks don't turn the ball over 17 times, this may have been much closer.   Shake came in and did this thing.  You have to tip your hat to them. 

They will have a problem when they comeback to the A.  They can't afford for Embiid to miss any games.  If we can get Hunter back, we'll be fine.

They turned it over becuse they played defense , I don't know how we stop that , they got us figured now

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Seriously, get Cam out there, get Dre out there. Do we have to follow the absolute letter of the law on injury protocols all the time? It's the playoffs. Philly has Joel playing on a torn meniscus for God's sake. 

If I could like this 100 times I would. The fact that Dre is "sore" and not playing while Embiid has a tear and is playing is just infuriating when you see how the game plays out. We desperately need him. 

Wasn't he in that hype video they put out earlier? If he's practicing and a "game time decision" the decision better be to play. 

• Like 4

Just now, hylndr11 said:

They turned it over becuse they played defense , I don't know how we stop that , they got us figured now

We'll see.  They are the number one seed.  We are the team with the 13 game home winning streak though and homecourt advantage as of now. 

You have to put each game in perspective.  If they blow out the Hawks in Atlanta, we should start being concerned. I don't think that will happen. Philly doesn't play as well on the road and quite frankly Atlanta isn't as good of road team which makes that game one win very important.  No one here expected to sweep the Sixers.  We are down our best two way players.  Have some faith.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

That was one of the things I loved most about him. He was a monster on the offensive boards. That energy just isnt there anymore 

What??? He's playing 4 less minutes than last season. He's averaging .9 less ORebs, 1.8 less DRebs, total Rebound decrease from last season 2.7 and that's with Capela gobbling up rebounds and JC playing further from the basket on offense to give Capela that inside.

Yes - he throws up some stinkers sometimes but I don't get the overall rebounding critism. He had 10 rebounds tonight 4 ORebs.

7, 2, 6, 8, 7 were his rebound totals vs the Knicks. 4 and 10 vs Philly

• Like 3

I realize Collins did this to himself when he publicly called himself a max player, but do we have to bring it up everytime he plays bad? The only way he gets it is if another team in the league thinks he's worth all that money. And I doubt anybody sees him as a max player. What Collins thinks he's worth and even what the Hawks think he's worth is not the most important factor in how much money Collins can get in free agency.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Diesel said:

We lost because they were outright better tonight.    We didn't hit our shots.   When we don't hit our shots, there's a strong possibility that we will lose.   I don't have anything bad to say about the refs.   Milton was a big boost for them.  But the main problem was Embiid and Harris.    Embiid is a load.   Hard to beat.   Harris and everybody else prospered off of the attention that Embiid gets.   Happy to get the Spilt...  Learn from the Loss. 

This is true

• Premium Member
Just now, h4wkfan said:

I’m starting to buy into the idea ain’t nothing wrong with Joel’s knee.

1-1 in Philly without our best perimeter defender. Get healthy. Regroup. Get ready for Friday. long series ahead of us.  

Agreed, I don't think the Hawks bought into Joel's Willis Reed impression either.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Simmons can't play help defense if he's keyed in on Trae. Gotta use him as a decoy of sorts and attack Seth Curry. Deandre is made for this matchup.

There ya go! Smartest comment I read so far .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1