• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers -- GAME 2

lethalweapon3

11 minutes ago, marco102 said:

We'll see.  They are the number one seed.  We are the team with the 13 game home winning streak though and homecourt advantage as of now. 

You have to put each game in perspective.  If they blow out the Hawks in Atlanta, we should start being concerned. I don't think that will happen. Philly doesn't play as well on the road and quite frankly Atlanta isn't as good of road team which makes that game one win very important.  No one here expected to sweep the Sixers.  We are down our best two way players.  Have some faith.

Don't take my posting as negative it's strictly objective , I realize it may come across like that, but faith has nothing to do with it, I just think they are better and trae can't save us because of just what we are, it's fine really, I think we split in ATL for the record but I'm assuming we won't have Dre and cam, I think Dre has an issue or else he would play I don't think they are saving him or anything , we are in the 2nd round of the playoff 

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

That’s because Hunter when healthy is our 2nd best player and 2nd most impactful outside of Trae.

We definitely need him and when we get him back there’s going to be some problems.

im just glad we got the split . Back to the ATL.

Exactly his impact allows a ton of options 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

I realize Collins did this to himself when he publicly called himself a max player, but do we have to bring it up everytime he plays bad? The only way he gets it is if another team in the league thinks he's worth all that money. And I doubt anybody sees him as a max player. What Collins thinks he's worth and even what the Hawks think he's worth is not the most important factor in how much money Collins can get in free agency.

That’s true, but you can always count on one desperate cellar dweller team to go Patrick Star mode. See NY with Tim Hardaway Jr. 

10 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

I realize Collins did this to himself when he publicly called himself a max player, but do we have to bring it up everytime he plays bad? The only way he gets it is if another team in the league thinks he's worth all that money. And I doubt anybody sees him as a max player. What Collins thinks he's worth and even what the Hawks think he's worth is not the most important factor in how much money Collins can get in free agency.

He brought it on himself 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

We got the one we needed on the road. Ya, 2/2 would have been nice. No excuses shots didn’t fall today both Trae and Bogi 6-16 fg apiece for 12/32=37.5%  That should happen again at home. 

We were being rushed. Nothing taken away from Sixers, we lost.

@Jody23 what do we do now? :indifferent:

It will be interesting to see if Embiid gets those calls in ATL he got in PHI. Arguably he should have been ejected from tonight's game when he got into it with Gallo. At least 3 things he did that warranted a technical, including one which should have been an automatic T where he waved off the referee after getting a T.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Well that fourth quarter didn't go well.  Remember role players play better at home. In our case, the starters should play much better at home.  

I'm tempted to say start Gallo on Embiid.  He's thick and may force Embiid to be more perimeter oriented.  Although Embiid shot from the perimeter well this game, that's not the norm for him.  His midrange is good though.

If Hunter can't go, I wouldn't say start Gallo on Embiid, but start Gallo period at some point in this series.

Maybe the answer to slowing down Embiid, is to go big and throw big double teams at him.  Things are just way too easy for him right now.  We need to get the ball out of his hands as much as possible.

Start Capela, Collins, Gallo, Bogi, Trae.   

You can "hide" Gallo on Simmons, but have him be the guy who traps Embiid whenever he gets the ball.  That'll leave Collins or Capela as the rim protector and the guards would have to help defensive rebound.

One of the secrets to the Sixers, is that they put 6-10 Simmons, 6-8 Harris, and 7-0 Embiid out on the floor.  Nathan Knight is 6-10 . . have him be the other big that your rotate in the game with Okongwu, if need be.

Anytime Embiid, Simmons, and Harris are in the game, I'm going big.

The problem I've had with Solo all year, is that he's simply too small, not athletic, and not skilled enough to give us impactful minutes.

1 - 1 headed by to the A. 

I'll take it.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Cwell said:

That’s true, but you can always count on one desperate cellar dweller team to go Patrick Star mode. See NY with Tim Hardaway Jr. 

TBH, if Collins was to make his max money playing for a cellar dweller or for a WC team I would be totally fine with it. What I don't want is JC in a Celtics, Heat or Wizards jersey. It's not like JC is irreplaceable. He's a damn good player, but a max for him might be way too much. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

He brought it on himself 

Even if he did, it's irrelevant. You're basically getting mad at a guy saying "Yes, I'd like to be paid as much as possible and seen as a valuable player in this league". He hasn't shown he's max worthy though so what Collins' wants doesn't matter. To reiterate the most important factor here is what the rest of the league is willing to offer him. I wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks end up being his biggest suitors anyways. I don't think teams ever saw Collins that highly.

1 minute ago, Cwell said:

Perhaps I'll be proved wrong in the future, but I don't see us getting outbid for Collins. He's done himself no favors in these playoffs, and I think team's will look at a lot of his production as being a result of playing with Trae. If he goes somewhere else his numbers don't go up while maintaining his efficiency, which is what makes Collins special.

Goals for Game 3 regardless of if whether Hunter plays (hopefully he does) or not:

- Better game from Capela and Collins.

- Don't let a scrub get hot (honestly, that will be problematic without Hunter).

- Shoot like you can from 3 and be the team forcing turnovers.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

So what did they do so different ly , or wasn't anything they did , we were just messing around ? They looked different slow no energy etc, could capela and John take the night off ?

They didn't turn the ball over this game . . and we didn't make 3s until Huerter and Gallo came in the game.  Combined, both of those guys were 8 - 14 from 3.  Everyone else was 3 - 16.

• Like 3