• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers -- GAME 2

lethalweapon3

Yeah...we're maybe kidding ourselves about Hunter coming back.

Just hope that knee doesn't become a chronic thing, because based off how all of them have played, I'd LOVE to see a Young/Bogdanovic/Hunter/Collins/Capela starting lineup.

okay...if Collins wants a max, maybe not him unfortunately though.

**more of the above starting lineup, I should say

Just now, Lurker said:

Yeah...we're maybe kidding ourselves about Hunter coming back.

Just hope that knee doesn't become a chronic thing, because based off how all of them have played, I'd LOVE to see a Young/Bogdanovic/Hunter/Collins/Capela starting lineup.

okay...if Collins wants a max, maybe not him unfortunately though.

Coach Nate said if his knee feels good enough he will play. So I'm not giving up hope. He played the entire New York series, so clearly he wants to be out there. 

43 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

They turned it over becuse they played defense , I don't know how we stop that , they got us figured now

No . . . they tried something and it worked.

Now it's up to Nate to counter what they did.

This is what happens in the playoffs.  You make adjustments.  Then you make more adjustments.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If Hunter can't go, I wouldn't say start Gallo on Embiid, but start Gallo period at some point in this series.

Maybe the answer to slowing down Embiid, is to go big and throw big double teams at him.  Things are just way too easy for him right now.  We need to get the ball out of his hands as much as possible.

Start Capela, Collins, Gallo, Bogi, Trae.   

You can "hide" Gallo on Simmons, but have him be the guy who traps Embiid whenever he gets the ball.  That'll leave Collins or Capela as the rim protector and the guards would have to help defensive rebound.

One of the secrets to the Sixers, is that they put 6-10 Simmons, 6-8 Harris, and 7-0 Embiid out on the floor.  Nathan Knight is 6-10 . . have him be the other big that your rotate in the game with Okongwu, if need be.

Anytime Embiid, Simmons, and Harris are in the game, I'm going big.

The problem I've had with Solo all year, is that he's simply too small, not athletic, and not skilled enough to give us impactful minutes.

1 - 1 headed by to the A. 

I'll take it.

The problem now is, the bench. Without Hunter or Reddish, we are too limited talent wise. Hill and Snell are min players 😞

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

If you told me before this game started that we would get 21 from Gallo and 20 Kevin, I would have said no way do we lose. 

I don't really see things that way. Credit to where credit is due. Philadelphia defense wrecked our offensive scheme. We still made threes and Trae still scored but we gotta take away the others outside of Embiid

• Like 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Nathan Knight is 6-10 . . have him be the other big that your rotate in the game with

You really think Nate's gonna play Nate in a playoff game when his beloved Solo is right there, :laugh1:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The problem now is, the bench. Without Hunter or Reddish, we are too limited talent wise. Hill and Snell are min players 😞

That's why we may have to try something completely out the box to slow him down.

Knight isn't a defender, but he is a long body and can move laterally.  Give him and OO those spot minutes, but stay big with Capela and Collins.

Simmons is a PG, but his scoring impact is more like a 5th option PF.  You could get away with hiding an extra big in the game, by putting him on Simmons.

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Not enough credit goes to Simmons for blowing our shit up. For Trae to go off, he's going to need someone to run Curry off the court like Kevin did tonight 

I get that, but Trae was not as aggressive as I'd like, and I don't mean shooting necessarily, just didn't have that pop to him.  I don't want him forcing shots but I want him going down hill in the paint even if he pulls it back out and resets. Keep his dribble.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Perhaps I'll be proved wrong in the future, but I don't see us getting outbid for Collins. He's done himself no favors in these playoffs, and I think team's will look at a lot of his production as being a result of playing with Trae. If he goes somewhere else his numbers don't go up while maintaining his efficiency, which is what makes Collins special.

THJ was dump truck juice against the Wizards our last playoff appearance too before NY offered him 300 trillion dollars, like their dumb ass didn’t already give up on him once. A rookie Taurean Prince, that barely played all season outplayed him that series. Collins has shown a lot of good as well as a lot of bad. Somebody is gonna offer him

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I get that, but Trae was not as aggressive as I'd like, and I don't mean shooting necessarily, just didn't have that pop to him.  I don't want him forcing shots but I want him going down hill in the paint even if he pulls it back out and resets. Keep his dribble.

The scheme they used against Trae worked but it only so effective. If Philly gets 20+ from Curry and over 60% shooting to go with Embiid 40, its gonna be hard for us to win unless we shut down everyone else which isn't easy. If we aren't going to go all in on Joel, we need to go all in on the others. We missed so many assignments and poor Bogi was worn out. 41 mins played.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JTB said:

I don’t fully agree with this. I will give props to Simmons he’s clearly a good defender and may win DPOY but Trae didn’t make enough attempts to attack him on defense. You can tell there was a set game plan that if Simmons was on Trae get the ball over to someone else to create.

That was our adjustment to Simmons guarding Trae allow someone else to create. We barely went at Simmons . NEXT GAME I’d like to see Trae attack Simmons and get down hill against him. Also we need to make Simmons run into  a lot more  screens 

Exactly this is what I posted above, we settled for Trae not going downhill at Simmons and it allowed Philly to set their defense too easily. We conceded to that defensive strategy too easily.