• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers -- GAME 2

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, Cwell said:

THJ was dump truck juice against the Wizards our last playoff appearance too before NY offered him 300 trillion dollars, like their dumb ass didn’t already give up on him once. A rookie Taurean Prince, that barely played all season outplayed him that series. Collins has shown a lot of good as well as a lot of bad. Somebody is gonna offer him

THJ got paid because he a scorer who can shoot who's a 6'6 SG but how valuable is an undersized PF who's limited af when it matters? Collins is Harrell with less defense and more range. In reality, he too should be a 6th man.

Poor Kevin and Bogi. We had to play you all game because Snell and Hill are trash but that's our fault. 12th and 13th men in the playoffs is asking for disaster. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Please get Cam a 5 on 5 so he can play Friday. Keep working on Dre's knee. His knee has been repaired, now it's just about managing soreness... Let's get the full squad finally. 

....and Swelling.

8 minutes ago, JTB said:

I don’t fully agree with this. I will give props to Simmons he’s clearly a good defender and may win DPOY but Trae didn’t make enough attempts to attack him on defense. You can tell there was a set game plan that if Simmons was on Trae get the ball over to someone else to create.

That was our adjustment to Simmons guarding Trae allow someone else to create. We barely went at Simmons . NEXT GAME I’d like to see Trae attack Simmons and get down hill against him. Also we need to make Simmons run into  a lot more  screens 

I disagree. They closed space fast af when Trae beat Simmons and Simmons recovery speed is excellent if Embiid is in the right spot. A lot of this could be avoided if we had someone that could abuse the Curry matchup. Kevin did but he got tired in the late 3rd. We gotta have more talented bodies or we will continue to run out of steam.

Their defense is doing an excellent job of giving us anything but the corner 3. Honestly, this is not a defense I would play if I was playing against the Nets and their isolation guys but it works against ball movement and PnR heavy teams. It's pretty easy to blow up their scheme but we need someone to expose either Green or Curry in isolation. 

You gotta get Embiid out of position is the name of this game. Even when we didn't score, forcing Embiid to move opened up the PnR again and Trae went to work. Embiid is the queen. This defensive scheme is built around him. 

Trae is limited as long as this schemes in place.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, terrell said:

Unless Hunter can play Friday, sit Collins and Hill and start Huerter and Gallo in Game 3 please...

Panic move, we aren't there yet. We took 1 on the road.

16 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That means you're playing Collins with the bench.

Nate isn't Thibs with the panic move.

I think we start Huerter since he's another ball handler next to Trae and Bogi and then you can't hide Curry.

Your suggested Cap, Collins, Gallo big lineup is worth exploring.

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Poor Kevin and Bogi. We had to play you all game because Snell and Hill are trash but that's our fault. 12th and 13th men in the playoffs is asking for disaster. 

Yea, they are playing like 40 min a game. Kevin is honestly playing the best ball of his career. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I disagree. They closed space fast af when Trae beat Simmons and Simmons recovery speed is excellent if Embiid is in the right spot. A lot of this could be avoided if we had someone that could abuse the Curry matchup. Kevin did but he got tired in the late 3rd. We gotta have more talented bodies or we will continue to run out of steam.

Their defense is doing an excellent job of giving us anything but the corner 3. Honestly, this is not a defense I would play if I was playing against the Nets and their isolation guys but it works against ball movement and PnR heavy teams. It's pretty easy to blow up their scheme but we need someone to expose either Green or Curry in isolation. 

You gotta get Embiid out of position is the name of this game. Even when we didn't score, forcing Embiid to move opened up the PnR again and Trae went to work. Embiid is the queen. This defensive scheme is built around him. 

Trae is limited as long as this schemes in place.

That's why starting Hill is booty.

• Haha 1

Just now, bleachkit said:

Yea, they are playing like 40 min a game. Kevin is honestly playing the best ball of his career. 

He should, they are putting their worst defender on him in an isolation buster scheme. This isn't even asking him to be a playmaker. They just asking him to beat the guy in front of him off the dribble and here is an open lane for your reward. Curry does a horrible job of defending 

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Huerter played 35 minutes tonight. First game of the playoffs over 30 minutes. High of 29 previously.

Bogi is averaging 36mpg. He had a 39 minute game vs Knicks and 41 tonight.

But yes...Red is balling.

Edited by JayBirdHawk
  • Like 4

In order to win. Our goal is simple:

Perimeter players for Philly have to score at max 30 points. 

Their bigs are going to get 60 points. 

The closer to 30 their perimeter players are, the better the chance we have to win.

They made their adjustments, we gotta make ours 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We need Hunter back in the worst way. The way they were defending Trae and the 3 point line we needed someone to penetrate either with or without the ball and force Embiid to move out of the paint. Hunter can do that.

We gotta get someone who can go Iso like Kevin did. We need Kevin fresh so he can kick ass early and late.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Well, at least ONE Atlanta team on Pattison Avenue getting to .500 tonight was a good thing!

Let's make the most of the extra day for rest and prep. Friday oughta be a good one!

Go Hawks!

~lw3

• Like 4