• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers -- GAME 2

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Poor Kevin and Bogi. We had to play you all game because Snell and Hill are trash but that's our fault. 12th and 13th men in the playoffs is asking for disaster. 

Feel a little bad for Snell man. Dude played 30 seconds and finished with more stitches than shot attempts. 

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

We got the one we needed on the road. Ya, 2/2 would have been nice. No excuses shots didn’t fall today both Trae and Bogi 6-16 fg apiece for 12/32=37.5%  That should not happen again, specially at home 🏡 

We were being rushed. Nothing taken away from Sixers, we lost.

@Jody23 what do we do now? :indifferent:

On to the next one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

Feel a little bad for Snell man. Dude played 30 seconds and finished with more stitches than shot attempts. 

Snell hasn't gotten many 3 point shot attempts for the entire playoffs.

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

Snell hasn't gotten many 3 point shot attempts for the entire playoffs.

He only played the 1st 2 games vs Knicks, 25 minutes. Snell only shoots if he's wide open but if he played in game 1 he would have gotten Solo's 7 wide open attempts 😄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Had a feeling we were gonna get trounced in this game... Didn't even bother watching although we lost game 2 vs. the Knicks too. Watched anime instead. I think we'll split the games in Atlanta too. Unless that knew of his starts acting up, I think Embiid is just too much to handle for these young Hawks.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Sixers were the better team in Game 2 and their success is all about the beast Joel Embiid.  Glad the team was tough enough to hang even basically for 3 quarters but we had too many guys who didn’t have it yesterday to win on the road against them.  Trae, JC, Bogi and Cap all struggling and we missed our two lottery wings.  Great efforts from Huerter and Gallo.  Gotta tip the cap and move on to game 3 in Atlanta.

This is going to be a much tougher matchup than the Knicks.  

If Embiid is going to dominate at both ends playing 35-40 minutes, Hawks will need to play their A+ game to have a shot. Unless he slows down there is no way we sweep the home games imo. 

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

If Embiid is going to dominate at both ends playing 35-40 minutes, Hawks will need to play their A+ game to have a shot. Unless he slows down there is no way we sweep the home games imo. 

His health is fragile so if he can physically keep it up is an open question.  He is good enough to dominate a series, though.  He is one of the best couple of players in the league with huge impacts on both ends of the floor.  I'd put him in the same class as other guys who have been the lynchpins to championships...as long as he is healthy.

I do think we need to find some way to slow him down or relegate him to shooting jumpers.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

His health is fragile so if he can physically keep it up is an open question.  He is good enough to dominate a series, though.  He is one of the best couple of players in the league with huge impacts on both ends of the floor.  I'd put him in the same class as other guys who have been the lynchpins to championships...as long as he is healthy.

I do think we need to find some way to slow him down or relegate him to shooting jumpers.  

Yea the current gameplan needs to be scrapped no doubt about it. We can't count on his health deteriorating, he looked a lot better moving around in game 2 than in game 1 imo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He only played the 1st 2 games vs Knicks, 25 minutes. Snell only shoots if he's wide open but if he played in game 1 he would have gotten Solo's 7 wide open attempts 😄

What am I missing what does solo do tony can't he seems like he may be a little smoother athletically but he's not that big , he doesn't have this amazing def that I've heard about and he can't shoot 

• Like 1

Collins is the problem. In the Hawks defensive sets, the Hawks coaches need to shade him toward Capela to stop Embiid. I would run a 3/2 zone with Collins and Capela controlling the paint, with the guards and three covering the wing rotations.  At this point, nothing to lose because Philly is gonna win this series if they don't stop Embiid.

Edited by Hawkmoor

10 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

No . . . they tried something and it worked.

Now it's up to Nate to counter what they did.

This is what happens in the playoffs.  You make adjustments.  Then you make more adjustments.

IDEA:  Embiid has been too big for Atlanta to handle.  Nathan is tall enough but not heavy enough - too easy to be pushed around.  Hawks do have a big that can do the job.  Bruno!  Not a lot of minutes.  Just when Embiid is getting hot and bothered, send in Bruno to lean on him.

It would burn the energy of Embiid and he might be less effective.  We have watched as the 76ers have made a goal of getting fouls on Capela.  Let them get fouls on Bruno.  He's a big old boy and can take care of himself.  Embiid lost his temper last night and was on the verge of getting tossed.  I'll bet that Bruno could at least get on his nerves a bit!!

😃

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Philly starters are killing our starters. 

Agreed but the other way just puts us in the same situation as the Knicks. Embiid is going to get his. We can't break from what we are doing or we run the risk of ruining everything. What works is our bench unit but they have to have energy. Kevin was playing superstar mins trying to play offense and defense and got burned out. It's not going to work. 

We have to get production from the SF position without pulling Kevin from the 2nd unit. That's the most difficult part to figure out.

11 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Collins is the problem. In the Hawks defensive sets, the Hawks coaches need to shade him toward Capela to stop Embiid. I would run a 3/2 zone with Collins and Capela controlling the paint, with the guards and three covering the wing rotations.  At this point, nothing to lose because Philly is gonna win this series if they don't stop Embiid.

Their not going to stop Embiid but Atlanta can't win if Curry scores 20+ with elite efficiency and Harris scores 20+ with little to no resistance. That's 80 points with just 3 players. The others can score 4-8 points and they can still comfortably win the game. 

Edited by NBASupes