• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers -- GAME 2

lethalweapon3

5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I didn't want to mention Bruno, seeing how 85% of the fan base sees no value in playing him.

If we have problems slowing down Embiid in Game 3, I would give Bruno a crack in trying to make him work a little more harder.

Offense would be an issue with Bruno. Embiid would just rest on that end. He's not meant for this series unless we are down on bodies.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Offense would be an issue with Bruno. Embiid would just rest on that end. He's not meant for this series unless we are down on bodies.

Nope.  Can't let him rest.  That's why I say, only a few minutes.  If Bruno leans on him for a couple of minutes he wouldn't get a lot of rest.  Bruno may not shoot a lot but he's a big, tough screen, which would be nice.

:smug:

• Like 2

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Agree but we were letting him rest anyway.   Damn we shied away from him in the lane as if he was actually going to contest.   That was frustrating

• Haha 4

I was a little disappointed Bruno didn't get in the game before things got out of hand. Felt like we coulda used him to body up Embiid at times to keep Clint out of foul trouble and to just slow Embiid down. 

But holy crap, he must be worse than Priest Lauderdale as far as skill goes. He's a big athletic dude... would think he could get some backup minutes. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, warcore said:

I was a little disappointed Bruno didn't get in the game before things got out of hand. Felt like we coulda used him to body up Embiid at times to keep Clint out of foul trouble and to just slow Embiid down. 

But holy crap, he must be worse than Priest Lauderdale as far as skill goes. He's a big athletic dude... would think he could get some backup minutes. 

Well we didn't really use OO in the second half did we?  I thought he did a good job.

• Like 2

Would you guys be upset with this lineup?  

Trae - Curry or Green

Bogi - Curry or Green

John - Harris

Gallo - Embiid

Capella - Simmons

Gallo's actually held Embiid out of the paint better than Capela.  It'll allow Capella to free up more to protect the paint.  Will also give us Gallo in the corner for those threes solo's been missing. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Well we didn't really use OO in the second half did we?  I thought he did a good job.

OO has been a beast on defense. He's quick as hell on the blocks and extremely active on the offensive boards. Nate needs to figure out how to get more out of what he has on the team. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DieHardHAWK said:

OO has been a beast on defense. He's quick as hell on the blocks and extremely active on the offensive boards. Nate needs to figure out how to get more out of what he has on the team. 

He forces Dwight to work. We need that. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Would you guys be upset with this lineup?  

Trae - Curry or Green

Bogi - Curry or Green

John - Harris

Gallo - Embiid

Capella - Simmons

Gallo's actually held Embiid out of the paint better than Capela.  It'll allow Capella to free up more to protect the paint.  Will also give us Gallo in the corner for those threes solo's been missing. 

Thats interesting. It punishes the Sixers for having Curry on the floor. We don't lose spacing on offense and we can get physical with them when the pnr isn't working. Their guard play isn't good enough to take advantage either.

I wouldn't be mad if this was used.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I didn't want to mention Bruno, seeing how 85% of the fan base sees no value in playing him.

If we have problems slowing down Embiid in Game 3, I would give Bruno a crack in trying to make him work a little more harder.

Was just gonna say it might be time for some Big Bruno.

Philly is definitely better than the Knicks but they are the #1 seed they kind of should be better and have all year.

I think we are ok. We stole home court but now we have to capitalize and go 2-0 at home over the weekend.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He's pretty much resting anyway.  He's dominating the paint on both sides of the ball.   The objective should be to slow him down, instead of him doing whatever he wants all game.  Also, playing Bruno may free up Trae a little more for his floater, since he's the only big on the team that holds his screen, and not looking to slip it to catch the quick alley-oop.

Or you just tell Bruno that he's not getting the ball passed to him at all.   Just set screens and play defense for 3 - 6 minutes at a time.

Outside of doubling Embiid hard, I don't see a scenario in which Capela can contain him.  He's just a bad matchup for Cap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1