• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Season News and Notes...yes already!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Basketball schedule back to Normal.

Do we know Dre's projected recovery time table yet? if he can be back by Dec I really like our chances!

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, turnermx said:

Do we know Dre's projected recovery time table yet? if he can be back by Dec I really like our chances!

Surgery is scheduled for Tuesday, so no update until after.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, turnermx said:

Depending on the severity it could be up to a 6 month recovery. But probably won't be that long. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, MarylandHawk said:

Very nice article by AJC. Hawks could be in consideration fir a do over with the All-Star game. 
https://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-hawks/adam-silver-on-the-hawks-popularity-trae-young-and-the-next-generation-of-stars/W43CSDLLFRDVTPQIRU5HXAOKWE/

Can someone give a summary?  It is behind a paywall.  Thank you!

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Jdawgflow said:

Can someone give a summary?  It is behind a paywall.  Thank you!

The interview is with Adam Silver

He talks about how great it is to have the Hawks fan base fill up the stands. 
He credits Ressler and Koonin with being at the forefront to get fans back in the stands from the MLK game to the Allstar to the playoffs, the Hawks led the way. 
Ressler development of Downtown ATL

How Trae has become a superstar that draws fans and how the next generation is leading the way. 

How the Hawks are higher on the priority list of future all star games after what they did to come through when Indiana couldn’t. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 6/13/2021 at 12:08 PM, MarylandHawk said:

Very nice article by AJC. Hawks could be in consideration fir a do over with the All-Star game. 
https://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-hawks/adam-silver-on-the-hawks-popularity-trae-young-and-the-next-generation-of-stars/W43CSDLLFRDVTPQIRU5HXAOKWE/

Would be a shame if the only All-Star game Trae missed was the year it was in Atlanta.  The league needs a redo here for several reasons but the mistake in bypassing Trae is one of them.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

What they say?  What they say?

Do I wanna know what they say?

Shaq pumped up Embiid and said let’s see if he’s that guy and said something neutral about the Hawks that didn’t stick out in my mind. Lol.

Then Kenny and Chuck focused on the Clipps Jazz. 

🏽 These are horrible details I know :er:

• Haha 3

They said selecting Trae would get GM's and coaches fires...Well we did fire our coach..lol

It's funny how the narrative isn't about how toxic the culture is around Luka in Dallas. I'll admit it's no fault of his own, but the narrative was Trae Young was toxic. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

For Carlisle to walk away from such a star player

tenor.gif?itemid=11100533

At this point I’m waiting for more stink from the Mavs organization. Some Cosby stuff might be coming out soon, who knows… 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Yep. Luka the GM killer AND the coach killer? 😆

I figured Carlisle was too good of a coach to be ok with one guy doing everything on offense at the expense of the team. I'm glad he stood up for himself and went out on his own terms. No need to stay and be the scapegoat. I see Kristaps wants out too. I saw this coming, but this is all happening a lot sooner than I expected. This should all look familiar to people who aren't blind fanboys. We saw it in Houston and OKC. 

• Like 4