• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Season News and Notes...yes already!

JayBirdHawk

I hope Nate was paying attention .

Durant played every minute tonight, so did Harden.

Giannis played all but 3 minutes.

Trae played 40 minutes last night. That stretch in the 2nd where the bench lost the lead they were given was literally the game. Injury or Foul trouble should be the only reason you take Trae out of a closeout game that is still in question. Let the 180lb 22 year old use his youthful energy to keep our foot on the gas. No more of these regular season rotations where the bench gets extended run while losing the lead. Too much is at stake. 

Trae should not leave the floor tomorrow.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Bud lives on. He’s like a cat 🐈 with 9 lives. He’s down to 1.

He's probably too drunk to know the difference. 

:Bud: You shut th *burp*, fk up, clown.  I only had 3 beers, occifer.  Of *burp* course I'm over the legal limit.  My blood's 70% vodka.  They call 'em Buddy Mary's around the practice facility ...."

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I hope Nate was paying attention .

Durant played every minute tonight, so did Harden.

Giannis played all but 3 minutes.

Trae played 40 minutes last night. That stretch in the 2nd where the bench lost the lead they were given was literally the game. Injury or Foul trouble should be the only reason you take Trae out of a closeout game that is still in question. Let the 180lb 22 year old use his youthful energy to keep our foot on the gas. No more of these regular season rotations where the bench gets extended run while losing the lead. Too much is at stake. 

Trae should not leave the floor tomorrow.

I agree with Trae playing more minutes but Nash playing Durant for the entire game was ridiculous. 

• Like 2

Tbh if Milwaukee doesn't make the finals they should still fire Bud after the ECF is over...

- While the Hawks gave Philly plenty of trouble during the recent bad years, that is much less the case with Milwaukee. 

- Embiid's stamina issues are obvious and even if Philly wins, he'll have played a difficult 7 game series where he had to play a lot. (I'm in full agreement, the deal with him isn't the knee even if he is maybe not 100%, it's his stamina instead)

It's really a case where they should be the 14/15 Cavs where they have an easier time now. But I won't believe it until I see it.

21 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Durant playing every minute also cost them the game because he came up short on every one of his shots in overtime which indicates tired legs. 

I think you let the game dictate when you bring Trae back in.  We will want him semi fresh for the fourth quarter run.  

If Trae is hot and has it going, you do not pull him. He had no business coming out when he did last night and you saw what happened.

If he is slow and clearly gassed then give him a breather. But let his play dictate that, not the rotations. It's do or die time. You have the entire offseason to save him if your ass loses the game. Play to win, dont play Not to Lose.

24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I would really like Atlanta chances against Milwaukee with Hunter and a healthy Bogi.

Maybe the big lineup of JC/Gallo/Capela works against the Bucks. 

Milwaukee has been getting nothing from their bench for the most part. Having Hunter to guard Middleton would be key. 

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Clippers

Suns

Bucks

Sixers

and HAAAAAAWWWWKKKKKSSS!!!!

5 teams left.. 

:clap:

As much as I hate losing last night, I'm excited about being the Primetime game tomorrow with all eyes on us and no other game following ours. West Finals game 1 is on at 3:30. Make no mistake WE are the show tomorrow and the basketball world will be locked in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

As much as I hate losing last night, I'm excited about being the Primetime game tomorrow with all eyes on us and no other game following ours. West Finals game 1 is on at 3:30. Make no mistake WE are the show tomorrow and the basketball world will be locked in.

More fans will be gained by the Hawks no matter what because of what you mentioned. Also, that big stage thing they always mention about Trae, I assume tomorrow night qualifies? :drinks:

Can we get another bow 🙇‍♀️ goodnight to the Philly crowd from Trae? 

• Like 1

Lol...this is going to be a disaster and it won't affect the players they think it will. 

Based on the Competition Committee’s guidance and subject to discussions with the Board of Governors, the league will train officials to identify and properly adjudicate the following overt actions to initiate contact with defenders:

• When a shooter launches or leans into a defender at an abnormal angle.
  • When a shooter kicks his leg (up or to the side) at an abnormal angle.
  • When an offensive player abruptly veers off his path (sideways or backward) into a defender.

Under the new emphasis, these overt actions will now be officiated as offensive fouls (if deemed more than marginal) or no-calls (if marginal).

In the same way, if the defender initiates the contact after the offensive player starts his upward shooting motion (in a normal basketball manner), a shooting foul should be called if the contact is deemed more than marginal (and a no-call should result if the contact is deemed marginal).

So when crafty players lean into defenders on their jump shots, the NBA’s new rules dictate that should be called an offensive foul. And when players lean backward or sideways to initiate contact, the marginal contact should be no-calls.

Edited by marco102
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:
Lol...this is going to be a disaster and it won't affect the players they think it will. 

Exactly.

If they are exclusively using Trae's film to train them, then he may be in trouble. But if they look at these things holistically, you are going to see a lot of your favorite players get dinged by this.

While they are it, I wish they would revisit the flopping rules. I have never before in my life seen a 284 lb man get tossed around like a rag doll so much until I saw Embiid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2