• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pinocchio đŸ€„ Embiid

Spud2nique

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

All i can say is shame on the Hawks for not going at him in the paint.  make him work on D.  He can't challenge really any of our guys at the rim and he'll get exhausted trying.

I think I agree and disagree.  I saw him block Trae's floater, which is the first time I think I've seen that happen.  He's plenty good enough defensively to challenge our guys in the paint.

However, to your other point, by halftime he'll be gassed even more than usual if we took that approach.

So, long story long, I ..... agree with you?

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, AHF said:

For just the cost of a cup of coffee a day, you can help this poor poster overcome his crippling (but asymptomatic) case of carpal tunnel typing.  Just imagine him reaching for that next gif and "aaahhhhhh" the pain becomes overwhelming but he grits through, takes the mouse in his hand and makes sure not one ****ing Squawker misses seeing Lindsey Lohan (accurate character name) overcoming that bully Regina George just like kg overcomes that bully carpal tunnel typing.  Remember, only you can make a difference in the life of your fellow Squawker.

Get 'em, Sally.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm really talking about our bigs and especially Heurter and Bogi should be going into his chest rather than back pedaling for fadeaways.  It's criminal to have one lumbering big man destroying on offense and not try to get him in foul trouble as early as possible. 

Given his history of health issues, I think you also need to put him in a position where he needs to back off or have to make quick cuts, contact, etc. and the risk that comes with that.  I am NOT talking about trying to hack him or injure him in any way.  What I am saying is that Embiid takes a tumble and has to miss a few games over and over during his career.  In his playoff career, coming into this series he has played in 6 series and missed 1 or more games in 50% of them. 

Given that he was already (supposedly) hurting coming into this series, we need to make him work and not give him an easy path to a low risk series.  I think Philly is going to be favored in the next 5 games if Embiid remains healthy and is able to dominate on both sides of the floor now that we know Hunter is not going to return for the rest of the season.  So you can break that down by (a) coming up with an effective way to attack him on defense and score efficiently against him or get him into foul trouble, (b) coming up with an effective way to stop or at least slow him on offense (this seems like the biggest stretch although we could certainly improve on his impact from playmaking and direct scoring), or (c.) seeing him get unlucky and trigger another injury issue that causes him to miss time. 

Again, I'm not talking about trying to hurt Embiid but he gets hurt a lot just through normal play and so forcing him to push himself seems like a necessary thing to do for teams to optimize their chances against him and that it is a mistake to give him an easy out by trying to avoid him on defense.  The downside to this, of course, is that he is an elite defender and so challenging him can result in him making big stops.  But I think that may be a necessary evil that teams just have to accept.

• Like 3