• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: 76ers at Hawks -- GAME 3

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Solo-1 point.  

Snell-0 points. 

Who wins with zero production from their small forward? This is ridiculous.

Solo's play has been atrocious.   I honestly thought he was going to miss both free throws. 

Just now, Diesel said:

Solo's play has been atrocious.   I honestly thought he was going to miss both free throws. 

I wasn't as mad with Snell because he got limited minutes and he played tight defense on Milton.

• Like 4

The only thing this series proves is our future is dependent on Cam Reddish. De'Andre Hunter proved to me he's our PF of the future like Harris, Tatum, Bojan, Durant, Jae, and other big wings playing the 4 in the 2020s. If you can't create your own basket, you are basically a limited center. You can't start in the modern NBA. The Jazz finally realize that and dropped the Favors-Gobert tandem that was amazing defensively in the RS but was shit in the playoffs. 

We need to draft a SF at 20 to challenge Reddish long term at SF. 

9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Solo-1 point.  

Snell-0 points. 

Who wins with zero production from their small forward? This is ridiculous.

We are making a huge mistake by not starting Kev. 

They are playing 4 on 5 defensively and honing in on Trae. Simmons has Trae, Embiid has the entire paint. Everyone else can cheat because of that.

It's gut check time Nate. We have to shorten the bench, tell these guys to stop the reaching so that they don't get in foul trouble. Run an 8 man unit next game with Kev starting, Lou, Gallo and OO off the bench.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I wasn't as mad with Snell because he got limited minutes and he played tight defense on Milton.

Snell was ass too. His play in the 3rd quarter was a back breaker. They respected Solo more.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Hunter at PF brought up again.

Once again, I can't.

The next time I see the Hawks play well with Hunter at PF will be the first time, as that hasn't happened in an NBA game so far.

JC is a clown as a PF. That shit will only work in the regular season. Everyone is playing a big wing at PF. We are the only ones left who aren't outside of Milwaukee and they got Giannis.

Edited by NBASupes

Just now, Atlantaholic said:

Man you know things are grim when the entire forum is crossing their fingers Cam comes in and saves us.... but yup, that's where we at lol. 

Im not. I think that Cam is fool's gold and the moment will be far too big for a guy that was already playing too fast for his feet before the injury. For every good defensive possession, he will bring a bad turnover, off balanced miss, or offensive foul. Cam looked rusty on the court before he went out for 4 months. He is not the hero we need.

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Maybe it's because it was cuasi garbage time, but am I the only one that noticed that the Trae - Bogi- Gallo - Jc - Clint lineup worked? Is that something we go to earlier if we start falling behind next game??

Quite possible. I didn't notice but screw it why not.

6 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yea, the team has looked shook ever since the announcement.

I know a big part of it is the Knicks are bad offensively. But that series was the best the Hawks have ever looked defensively in recent memory. Deandre just glues everything together with the way he can switch onto multiple guys along with his excellent instincts and anticipation. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Quite possible. I didn't notice but screw it why not.

It's the lineup that had that 13-4 run to cut it to like 12 before the Embiid flop that got Trae the T. At the very least it's the one lineup that gives us the length to match the 76ers on defense.

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The Jazz finally realize that and dropped the Favors-Gobert tandem that was amazing defensively in the RS but was shit in the playoffs. 

They're also the one of the few other team in the playoffs without a stretch 5. Capela was bad tonight but not alot of criticism on him.

Just now, terrell said:

JC? lol

Yeah, Collins isn't that skilled of a big. He can shoot and is good in the PNR but is limited. I wouldn't be too upset about him leaving.

Now Hunter at PF in an NBA game outside of on occasion when you go small based off what I've seen in the past is a complete and thorough NON-STARTER for me. I'm not sure what I'd do as I haven't quite thought about it but this ain't it either.

I think it's more likely that he develops than Reddish, but since Reddish has been out forever and the team did much better with McMillan I'll give him a mulligan.

2 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Im not. I think that Cam is fool's gold and the moment will be far too big for a guy that was already playing too fast for his feet before the injury. For every good defensive possession, he will bring a bad turnover, off balanced miss, or offensive foul. Cam looked rusty on the court before he went out for 4 months. He is not the hero we need.

The guy we need is Deandre Hunter, hit fits this roster like a glove. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

He can't be fool's gold if he hasn't proved anything of note. Fool's gold is players like Capela and JC. Guys who give you production in the regular season consistently and can't replicate it in the playoffs. Cam just is unproven. He's still in prospect state which is why I suggest we draft another SF to challenge him long term. Hunter is the PF of the future and I can't be convinced otherwise. I am sold JC is a 6th man. Even his production in this game came when Embiid was off the court or when Trae created for him or doing hustle man shit. Harrris was just busting our shit. Off the dribble, shooting, posting, everything.

2 minutes ago, aali34 said:

They're also the one of the few other team in the playoffs without a stretch 5. Capela was bad tonight but not alot of criticism on him.

They also are playing a big wing next to Gobert 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, terrell said:

JC? lol

Athletically and strength wise they got no-one on the Sixers that can match him other than Simmons whose on Trae. His skill and offensive arsenal are limited so he can't do nothing about it. Same with how they hide Seth on Solo and Snell.

Edited by aali34
  • Like 1