• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: 76ers at Hawks -- GAME 3

lethalweapon3

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The only thing this series proves is our future is dependent on Cam Reddish. De'Andre Hunter proved to me he's our PF of the future like Harris, Tatum, Bojan, Durant, Jae, and other big wings playing the 4 in the 2020s. If you can't create your own basket, you are basically a limited center. You can't start in the modern NBA. The Jazz finally realize that and dropped the Favors-Gobert tandem that was amazing defensively in the RS but was shit in the playoffs. 

We need to draft a SF at 20 to challenge Reddish long term at SF. 

Is that possible? We ain't in the lottery anymo 

4 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Athletically and strength wise they got no-one on the Sixers that can match him other than Simmons whose on Trae. His sklii and offensive arsenal are limited so he can't do nothing about it. Same with how they hide Seth on Solo and Snell.

John Collins and strength should never be in the same sentence..lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You can get SFs in this range. Saddiq Bey was the best SF rookie and he was taken in this range last year. 

Or sign and trade Collins and our pick for one...

1 minute ago, terrell said:

John Collins and strength should never be in the same sentence..lol

Collins is wirey strong which is why he can play the way he play but he's mad limited in a playoff situation on both ends due to his lack of defensive hands, length, ball handling skills, balance, and court vision. 

He's a more versatile Trezz with less post skill and less length. Anyone paying JC big money when they can get Trezz for 10 million is booboo the fool

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Playoffs are about matchups.

The Sixers, once they made the adjustment, have proven to be a horrible matchup for the Hawks.

The only weapon we have is our long range shooting.

If you take Embiid out of the paint, maybe that opens up some driving lanes to the basket for Trae.

If Embiid still stays in the paint, you have have Collins or Gallo open for 3s that they MUST TAKE if open.

We haven’t shot the ball good enough to make the Sixers adapt. They are long and physical and have take us way past the 3 pt line. Since they own the paint too, we are one and done on most any possession. Game 2 we got lots of offensive boards and couldn’t convert them to baskets.  Without being able to score inside it just allows them to play tight on the perimeter. 

I actually think we should keep JC but he's a 6th man long term like Kevin. Gallo is a 6th man type too and he can only play like 24 min max before he starts looking like shit. We solved our PF issue with Hunter. We need to figure out is Capela it or not but I know Okongwu ain't it at the 5. He's much too small. I don't know who can deal with Embiid. He's the best player in the NBA and the best finesse center since Hakeem for a reason.

• Like 1

Playing the #1 team in the east, Hawk fans, including yours truly, had visions of grandeur.  We all thought we could play with the big boys.  Sadly, we can't.  We're just not that good.

Collins has proved to me that he's not a maximum player.  He's good.  He's not really, really great.  If someone thinks he's a max player, then sign him and take him.  Hate to lose him.  

Embiid is perhaps the best.  We have no one big enough to take him on.  And, he can score from anywhere.

Hawks need to hit a lot of three's to be competitive.  We didn't and we're not.

:beathorse:

The Jazz taught us that roster building for a contender takes time and you don't know who got it or don't till the playoffs come. 

What we know is Trae got it. We think Bogi got it. We think Hunter got it. Hopeful about Kevin. Unsure about Capela. JC ain't it. Gallo was worth the contract for us even if overpaid because without him, we would be screwed. Okongwu got a lot of work to do this summer. Snell and Hill are min players which we already knew. Nate is great but I want to see improvement. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The Jazz taught us that roster building for a contender takes time and you don't know who got it or don't till the playoffs come. 

What we know is Trae got it. We think Bogi got it. We think Hunter got it. Hopeful about Kevin. Unsure about Capela. JC ain't it. Gallo was worth the contract for us even if overpaid because without him, we would be screwed. Okongwu got a lot of work to do this summer. Snell and Hill are min players which we already knew. Nate is great but I want to see improvement. 

Squawk logic

Bogi for the series

18 and 5 on 43% shooting = He got it

JC for the series

17 and 7 on 61% shooting = he aint got it?

Bogi is being asked to guard diet Curry

JC is being asked to guard and go against MVP, All-NBA, and All-Defense caliber players.

Ya'll kill me with this.

Capela 8 points, Kev 3 points, but JC is/was the problem?

Just stop while you're ahead.

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Squawk logic

Bogi for the series

JC for the series

JC is being asked to guard and go against MVP, All-NBA, and All-Defense caliber players.

Ya'll kill me with this.

Posts like this is why I hate fans who stat watch. 

Do you really f***ing believe JC is having a better series than Bogi? Are you f***ing kidding me?

Edited by NBASupes
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Not possible for 2021 draft. Any SnT pick for JC will be for the 2022 NBA draft 

I meant sign and trade Collins + our pick for a SF..

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Posts like this is why I hate fans who stat watch. 

Do you really f***ing believe JC is having a better series than Bogi? Are you f***ing kidding me?

Collins is the Matt Ryan of the Hawks stat wise..lol..A lot of empty calories..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Squawk logic

Bogi for the series

JC for the series

Ya'll kill me with this.

Those stats have context my man, there's a reason that old saying about statistics exists