• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: 76ers at Hawks -- GAME 3

lethalweapon3

25 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yup JC wasn't THE problem last game. He has completely disappeared in two fo the three Hawks playoff losses though which can't happen, but overall in the playoffs he has played well. At the end of the day we are trying to scapegoat one player when its the entire team and specifically the team defense that isn't working. 

Collins SHOULD be scapegoated in this situation. HE turned down a decent offer from the Hawks.   To get a max contract, he suppose to be out there hitting the boards, scoring points, and tearing down rims.  But no, he is a WEAK rotational defensive player who is of ZERO use to Capela.  Heck, Trae had more spunk under the basket defending Embiid ( made sure he and Embiid was cool after one altercation, lmao with his small self), but hey, he TRIED.  I saw Collins out there falling at the least contact, scared to really get into Embiid and other players.  In the New York series, i forgot Gibson was still in the league until he came across Collins.  Dwight Howard even has gotten new life playing against Collins.  Nah,  Collins can walk FOR FREE.  The Hawks just need a healthy Hunter and Reddish and sign another power forward that can bang on the boards with Capela.  

Hawks are not 100% there in the playoffs.  Second year draft picks #10 & #4 are both out and both are key players for the team to be effective as it can be.

It's been pointed out - - 76ers are camped out in the lane and there are no 3 second calls on them.  Hawks can't get in there if they stand there.  They have us on size anyway.  Bruno might be big enough to cause Embiid a small problem.  He's nailed to the bench, waiting, apparently, for the off season so he can be released.  I know.  He's not very good.  That doesn't matter - - He's big and sets a mean screen.

Saying that the great big centers are ancient history.  Nope.  Embiid proved this falsehood.

:hi:

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

and sign another power forward that can bang on the boards with Capela.  

Yup, because this is the 90's right?

I forgot you need 2 bruisers on the court to have success in 2021.

It's the PF's fault that the Center is overmatched, and when the PF helps that leaves 1 of Simmons or Harris free to kill us, because they are also pretty good basketball players themselves.

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

This is strange - we lost both games by 16 points. Not insurmountable by any stretch.  1st quarter in both games were disaster.  Having these 19 and 20 point quarters are what's killing us on one side while we can't stop them.on the flip side.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is strange - we lost both games by 16 points. Not insurmountable by any stretch.  1st quarter in both games were disaster.  Having these 19 and 20 point quarters are what's killing us on one side while we can't stop them.on the flip side.

For me it's not the points differential so much as the eye test. It's looks like it's hard for us to score, and it's looks like it's hard for us to stop them from scoring. 

• Like 2

If Cam is not able, no sense in taking any chances.  We're going no further than the 2nd round.  On the other hand, if he is available, he needs to play a little and gain play off experience.

I keep saying, and to no avail, throw Bruno in there and let him get a minute or two here and there.  Since I sincerely believe that the 76ers have this series, the more Hawks that get play off experience, the better off we will be next season when we plan to go further.

:smug:

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

If Cam is not able, no sense in taking any chances.  We're going no further than the 2nd round.  On the other hand, if he is available, he needs to play a little and gain play off experience.

I keep saying, and to no avail, throw Bruno in there and let him get a minute or two here and there.  Since I sincerely believe that the 76ers have this series, the more Hawks that get play off experience, the better off we will be next season when we plan to go further.

:smug:

Bruno back to a 0.0 WAR. @TheNorthCydeRises, come eat

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Reading through some of the takes in this thread is hilarious.  Who didn't know without Hunter we'd struggle with Philly?  He solves the Tobi and Ben problem.  It also makes the other matchups much better defensively. 

Some don't want to hear this, but John isn't going anywhere and should be the starting power forward.  It's his first playoffs and if you look at his overall number it's not the worst playoffs debut ever. 

It's not over, but I'm happy with what this young team has shown us.  If we can be at full health, we are are a dangerous team.  

Every problem we are having with this Philly team can mostly be resolved with our two young wings coming back at full health. I know we don't know how they will play next season, but I'm hopeful!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm hoping Nate starts Huerter in game 4, to hopefully avoid a slow start to the game. The slow starts for a young team doesn't put them.in the right mindset. They need to get and keep the crowd behind them from the jump.

Please no Solo, please no Solo….

• Haha 1