• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

John Collins - Max kat, 90 million-4yrs kat, or Gallo salary kat

NBASupes

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JTB said:

This John Collins could help us move to the ECF despite Hunter being down. That’s how good JC was tonight. I hope we see more of this rest of the playoffs and his career. I don’t know what got in to JC but he went out there playing like it was his last Hawks game ….the turn up on defense was very impressive.

He is capable of being an impact player and more than we saw with his mixed poor to good performance over the first 8 playoff games of his career.  He is starter worthy (on a contender) in my mind and will surely be seen as such by some other teams.  His FA is going to be very interesting but he can make a huge difference for the Hawks and himself by bringing the toughness and intensity we saw last night.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AHF said:

He is capable of being an impact player and more than we saw with his mixed poor to good performance over the first 8 playoff games of his career.  He is starter worthy (on a contender) in my mind and will surely be seen as such by some other teams.  His FA is going to be very interesting but he can make a huge difference for the Hawks and himself by bringing the toughness and intensity we saw last night.

While he was a tail of two halves, we need every bit of 2nd half JC if we want to get to the ECF and NBA finals as well as win it.

• Like 3

Here’s my question now for Collins….why the hell doesn’t he start to play with this heart and passion until 2nd half’s ???

I think if he played with this type of aggressiveness, heart, passion on the norm we wouldn’t be as hard pressed for him to become a playmaker or put the ball on the floor.

in a way his energy and intensity is making up for what he lacks to go along with what he’s already very good at.

Bring that ALL game in most games and then yeah it’s no question he’s a max player 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

My answer, which may or may not be correct:  Foul trouble.  He's trying to stay as foul free as possible early.  We know that he has a tendency to gather a lot of early fouls.  This can keep him out of a lot of the action.  He wants to make a difference late in the games.

:smug:

24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

My guess is he does but Tobi and Joel match it but it's not natural so they eventually lose it while JC maintains it throughout the game. 

Both of these answers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/11/2021 at 12:49 PM, NBASupes said:

What do you think based on what you seen so far. 

To me, he's the 5th most important player on our team maybe at best is a 6th man on a legit contender. Once Cam gets it together, likely 6th and Okongwu potential can be special and push him to 7th long term. I want to resign him but cost is everything. JC can't be a 6th or 7th man making 25 million a year in 2023 or 2024. 

I think him and Gallo should be on the same type of contracts honestly.

I'll rather resign Kevin for 4/50-60 range than JC at 4/70-80. 

What about you? What do you think?

Cam who?

21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yes. Since the first time I heard him speak. He has a world view travelling the country and seeing the world thru his parents being in the armed services.

Ya I remember that too but right after that around the PED time I was a bit concerned but ya definitely the military background built the character. Love it.

• Premium Member

I think we're going to have to match whatever Collins gets, so I'm just hoping no one offers him more than $25M but they probably will.  The reality is we don't get anything for him leaving and are left with scraps to replace him, Snell, Lou Will, and Solo.  We have to match Collins... I would be very happy if we could extend Kev to a decent deal this offseason as well.  Collins has gotten better every offseason, so I'm not counting him out to improve more and more.  It's way too risky to let him walk right now, especially with Cam being a really big question mark.  OO is looking nice but he can play 5 and John's 3p shot is invaluable when mixing up lineups.