• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Game 7 - What's YOUR Plan?

TheTruth

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JTB said:

I’m hoping we win tonight 

Simple, but profound. I was very disappointed after Game 6 because I know Game 7 on the road will be an uphill climb and the chances of winning are historically slim. But history is irrelevant. Georgia sports history is irrelevant. I'm pretty sure these young Hawks don't care about any of that. If they did, they would have accepted defeat in the games they were down big to the #1 seed in the Eastern Conference. They don't "expect" to lose and they aren't just happy to be in the 2nd Round. I'm going to watch tonight's game with realistic expectations, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they pull this off. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I wouldn't change much, if anything. We missed too many wide open shots in the last two games, and it would be already over had we made some of those.

D is good, we can expect Embiid to become less dominant in the second half. The first half will be a pain, it always have. 

Attack Curry whenever you can. He can't bury us if he's in foul trouble. 

GOTTA HIT OUR FTs if we somehow are awarded some of them and for God's sake, NO MISSED BUNNIES tonight, Clint.

Play the starters 40+ minutes tonight, except for Capela. 

We got this. GO HAWKS!

Edited by BrazilianHawk
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, BrazilianHawk said:

I wouldn't change much, if anything. We missed too many wide open shots in the last two games, and it would be already over had we made some of those.

D is good, we can expect Embiid to become less dominant in the second half. The first half will be a pain, it always have. 

Attack Curry whenever you can. He can't bury us if he's in foul trouble. 

GOTTA HIT OUR FTs if we somehow are awarded some of them and for God's sake, NO MISSED BUNNIES tonight, Clint.

We got this. GO HAWKS!

We also need your BIG A$$  GO HAWKS FONT BAAAABBBYYYYY!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Simple, but profound. I was very disappointed after Game 6 because I know Game 7 on the road will be an uphill climb and the chances of winning are historically slim. But history is irrelevant. Georgia sports history is irrelevant. I'm pretty sure these young Hawks don't care about any of that. If they did, they would have accepted defeat in the games they were down big to the #1 seed in the Eastern Conference. They don't "expect" to lose and they aren't just happy to be in the 2nd Round. I'm going to watch tonight's game with realistic expectations, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they pull this off. 

Great points! Game 6 was there for us to take however I fully agree and game 7 in Philly a 1 seed is going to be extremely tough like you said. All the games before this one doesn’t matter now it’s 1 last bout winner takes all and goes on to face the bucks.

im not trying to sound like a non believer but this is tough for such a first time playoff appearance for a young team! They’ve certainly already amazed me and surpassed my personal expectations.

I really want them to win but if that doesn’t happen I hope they take this experience of a game 7 to heart ! Take it seriously because we may end up in the same situation again in future playoffs.

For tonight, the same message applies but is probably much worse! Don’t expect fouls to be called for us and KNOW that the road team in a game 7 has to beat the opponent, the fans, and the unfortunately the refs!….it’s possible but history shows it’s rare.

• Like 3

We have to move on but I can’t help to keep looking back at Game 6. 

Game 6 was just too perfect for us and setup greatly for a close out game.

-our superstar Trae shows up and gets his team involved 

-This was Embiids worse shooting game of the series 

-Simmons gets in foul trouble

-Embiid only makes it to the line 4 times 

-the crowd was amazing! I wasn’t in the building for this one but I got word it couldn’t be any better and if it could have been that would have been unbelievable 

-we had ALL the momentum after Traes big time 3 that made the game 93-94

-Collins got under Embiids skin…love it!

smh but damn missed shots and bad perimeter defense kept us from moving on despite our star stepping up BIG. I hate it was a wasted night from Trae.

fast forward to game 7 tonight and this is honestly the first time I’m nervous in the series which is crazy considering I had no worry when we were down 18 and 26 in those games but game 7s are emotional. It brings out the best in the most competitive players and sometimes unfortunately the most dirtiest plays.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, JTB said:

We have to move on but I can’t help to keep looking back at Game 6. 

Game 6 was just too perfect for us and setup greatly for a close out game.

-our superstar Trae shows up and gets his team involved 

-This was Embiids worse shooting game of the series 

-Simmons gets in foul trouble

-Embiid only makes it to the line 4 times 

-the crowd was amazing! I wasn’t in the building for this one but I got word it couldn’t be any better and if it could have been that would have been unbelievable 

-we had ALL the momentum after Traes big time 3 that made the game 93-94

-Collins got under Embiids skin…love it!

smh but damn missed shots and bad perimeter defense kept us from moving on despite our star stepping up BIG. I hate it was a wasted night from Trae.

fast forward to game 7 tonight and this is honestly the first time I’m nervous in the series which is crazy considering I had no worry when we were down 18 and 26 in those games but game 7s are emotional. It brings out the best in the most competitive players and sometimes unfortunately the most dirtiest plays.

I have pointed out the real problem.   Simmons in foul trouble.   We need Simmons on the floor.   No Foul trouble for Simmons is a good thing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1