• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers -- GAME 7

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Eggsactly what today was like on nbaradio.  Eggsactly

Yup I listened for a few minutes and knew they were gonna do that all day so I didn’t bother. Amin El Hassan (?) then Termine and Eddie, I stopped. 

Whatever, we are here, they aren’t. Couple more days to talk about us but it’s pretty direct and disrespectful having made it this far with little attention given. It’s time to give us attention, sheesh.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, kg01 said:

On the rewatch tonite.

How deflating was it when the 6ers got that thybulle dunk then the Hawks come right-back and get a Jollins dunk followed by a Trae floater?  Gut punch.

Collins even giggled on the way back down the court like gooooooottttt heeeeeeeem.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

I'm happy to know someone listened.  Hawks hit their free throws and won the series!  These points count !!  On to the finals.  Keep up the good work.

The last minute in a game seven is when you expect some kids to choke at the line but our guys were on target. You are definitely right on about every one of them counts because game six was the other side of the coin. But after that seal job in number seven we are now in the ECF.

Edited by Thomas
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, Thomas said:

Just in case it was missed on here. Embiid still playing that meniscus card on Twitter. Whatever guy. Try grabbing the correct knee next time when the camera is zoomed in on you. In the acting world you get a scene cut but not on the NBA floor.

Sorry to disappoint you again Just know that I gave everything I had knowing the circumstances. If there’s one thing I’ve learned being here, it’s the TOUGHNESS this city has and that’s why I played with a torn meniscus.  

Am sure everyone noticed but just in case did you all notice all the "I" in Embiid's tweet. I, Myself and Irene. Can't help himself with that martyr syndrome stuff and all don't guess. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
16 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So humor me.

What could have Woody done differently to win more than he did, with the personnel that he had?

Woody never lost to a lower seeded playoff team.  His nemesis was Dwight's Magic and Lebron's Cavs.  What could he have done differently?

I didn't want to let this pass for some reason.   Maybe start with not continually allowing offenses to switch at will onto Bibby as a defender?   That's number one and killed us in the playoffs.  Second would be to run an offense where guys can't decide for themselves if they want to jack 3s at a 25% clip.   

We won 47 and 53 games his last two years.   we jumped to 47 because Bibby came in to run the offense.  we jumped to 53 because that's the year Josh decided not to take 3s.   To me if you are winning that many regular season games you could at least expect to win ONE in the second round.

LD, not exactly a master coach, came in with the same roster, dispatched Orlando with ease and won 2 second round games which woody couldn't do in 2 years.   

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, kg01 said:

And Nate-dogg with the mic'd up moment of the series.

"Once you attack .... they can't guard you ..... they can't guard you."

I did love that.  I loved that quote and the Gallo hype moment on the sidelines during a TO (I think after Trae made that bomb).

You know Nate was talking about Seth Curry during this too.  Seth got absolutely abused that game.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Biggest play in the game to me outside of the obvious crunch time shots by Trae, the three point foul and the Gallo steal, was that high arching three point by Gallo when hawks were down I think four. Philly was making a run and the Hawks were struggling big time on offense, very dangerous time in the game and that Gallo shot shifted momentum completely. 

Yeah, Gallo came up huge for us. This is the deepest he has ever been in the playoffs.  

Lou Will too I believe. The Young Hawks are getting these vets places they've never been.

Of course, Lou and Gallo have been a big part of it.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Told y'all we were primetime.

Didn't we set a record in the Knicks series too?

Either way, that's the biggest difference between us the the previous Hawks playoff teams. We are must see TV.

Add to that most of our games aren't blowouts that you turn off early We play exciting and competitive basketball games.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I'll just leave this here:

https://heavy.com/sports/philadelphia-76ers/joel-embiid-offseason-surgery/

I smell a rat!!!  They didn't oversell this in the playoffs for ratings did they?

Yup.  I've had a few "discussions" with people that said the Hawks "got lucky" that Embiid was hurt, otherwise Philly would have swept.  I'm like, What series were you watching.  I guess they figured if he was healthy he woulda put up 45/25 every game.  

• Like 2

Yep.  They lost.  Hawks didn't win.  Hawks were 100% healthy.  Ignore the fact that Hunter and Reddish were out and 0017 was injured, requiring surgery after the playoffs.  Nope.  Just forget all the facts.  Just remember that the only reason that Atlanta won was because their big man was hurting.  

Don't try to sell anything else.  They lost, we didn't really win.  Bull Feathers!!

😜

• Thanks 2