• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nate Embracing Three Point Variance

benhillboy

• Moderators

Let's go.   We do have to hit our threes a lot better than we did against the sixers and we need a healthy Bogi.   But basically force Giannis to shoot jumpers or pass, force everyone else to drive and live with the results.  

• Like 3

I made an error referencing the shooting disparity between us and the Sixers (-.040 percentage points instead of 40%, still a significant margin to overcome against a talented defensive team).  It’s beyond impossible to beat a team shooting 80-something percent lol.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, hylndr11 said:

So how many more shots did we take than sixers .  

34 more threes total, almost 5 a game.  If you can shoot them pretty well that’s a major gap against teams that can’t, especially with a clear FT shooting advantage  as well.

I don’t know where the Hawks rank under Nate in terms of attempts and percentage but it’s definitely better than the full season rankings of 19th and 12th.  Philly was 26th and 10th with one of the best three point shooters alive.  The Bucks rank 8th and 5th respectively but I don’t totally buy that they’ll be nearly as efficient versus us.  Their strength of schedule was dead last.  We’re gonna invite Giannis and Jrue to take all they want.  They don’t want any of our guys getting their favorite looks.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1