• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021 vs 2015 Eastern Conference Finals

TheTruth

I'm pretty sure we're all feeling a little of this after that Game 7 win punched our ticket to the ECF:

BetterEnlightenedCivet-size_restricted.g

I'll keep this short and sweet:

How do you feel now compared to the 2015 ECF? 🤔

Edited by TheTruth
  • Haha 1

• TheTruth changed the title to 2021 vs 2015 Eastern Conference Finals

I definitely feel more confident this time around than 2015. The 60 win was special (what does that say about our franchise), but we actually have the talent, personnel and coaching to make some serious noise. We are also deeper. I think there is no way we get swept nor a gentleman's sweep. We will definitely compete. Can't imagine what it would be if we had our sophomores out there.

• Like 1

Also, this group is more confident and competitive than the 2015 group. Trae is not backing down or intimidated by no one, including prime LeBron in my opinion. The 2015 Hawks shrunk against LeBron. I know about the dirty Della on Horford and KK but they still played timid and intimidated. Tristan Thompson was punking Horfy down low.

Edited by JCDBaptist
double post
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I think talent is relative.

We limped into the 2015 ECF and had to play Lebron and his goons.   You remember, Lebron telling Dellabadova to sweep the leg on Horf and KK. 

As far as which team was more talented with all things healthy:

Horf > Capella

Sap > JC

DMC < Red Velvet 

KK  > Bogi 

Teague < Trae

2015 Bench < 2021 Bench. 

Nate vs. Bud... We shall see. 

Like I said, it's all relative because Trae is much much greater than Teague and the difference between JC and Sap is not that great. 

I’m more excited this time for sure. Last time we didn’t have a superstar like we do in Trae, we didn’t have a rebounder like we do Capela, we didn’t have a PF who was as active as Collins.

This 2021 team is the best team I’ve been a part of since 1985.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Horf > Capella

Not for me.

7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Nate vs. Bud..

Nate for me already, he adjusts, Bud doesn’t.

8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

KK  > Bogi 

Even this I’m not sure about if you got a healthy Bogi he does a bunch of things whereas Kyle was a  straight up spot up shooter.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, aali34 said:

I had a nagging feeling in the back of my mind that I tried to ignore. A bit of wishful thinking and delusion essentially trying to convince myself that we could advance even though we lacked a superstar.

Kinda like how Philly fans deluded themselves about Ben Simmons lol.

Still enjoyed the experience till it ended.

The whole playoffs I was just waiting for that mid-season team that went on that 32-2 rampage but by the time the Cleveland series started I wasn't all that confident. I feel like we have a better shot this time around. Also, the refs, in theory should be neutral, there was absolute zero chance the Korver led offense was going to succeed vs Lebron and refs. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Not for me.

Even this I’m not sure about if you got a healthy Bogi he does a bunch of things whereas Kyle was a  straight up spot up shooter.

Horf did much more than Capella can do.   Horf shooting alone.... He was a stretch 5.   As far as KK vs. Bogi.   All things healthy... it may be a wash but KK was definitely a better shooter. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Horf did much more than Capella can do.   Horf shooting alone.... He was a stretch 5.   As far as KK vs. Bogi.   All things healthy... it may be a wash but KK was definitely a better shooter. 

Horf is more versatile but that doesn't mean he was better. Horf was a jack of all trades, and master of none while Cap is an absolutely elite defensive Center and the best rebounder in the NBA... rebounding was such a big issue for the Hawks during the Horf days. Overall I'd take Cap over Horf on this team all day. And I liked Horf a lot, but Cap this year was very special, his struggles with Embiid notwithstanding. The defensive ratings of the Hawks with Cap on and off the floor are insane, completely different team on defense when he is in. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Not for me.

Thats the key problem with Bud, he doesn't adjust.   I don't know if its his disconnect from players, or just stubbornness on his part.  Nate seems more humble and more connected with the lockerroom.  Hes the rare type of coach that will "ride or die" with his team.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Horf is more versatile but that doesn't mean he was better. Horf was a jack of all trades, and master of none while Cap is an absolutely elite defensive Center and the best rebounder in the NBA... rebounding was such a big issue for the Hawks during the Horf days. Overall I'd take Cap over Horf on this team all day. And I liked Horf a lot, but Cap this year was very special, his struggles with Embiid notwithstanding. The defensive ratings of the Hawks with Cap on and off the floor are insane, completely different team on defense when he is in. 

Horf gets no credit for being a positional defender.  That's understood.  But I don't think Bud was a defensive minded coach so we didn't have a defensive focus.  But offensively, you can't negate what Horf did.  He was a secondary Ball handler who had range out to the 3pt line.   Don't get me wrong, I love the old school C that can protect the rim and rebound... but scoring is missing. 

46 minutes ago, Diesel said:

KK was definitely a better shooter. 

No doubt the shooting. Korver was the best in the league with Curry at the time probably. But Bogi is almost a 5 tool baller. I loved Korver I’m just saying I think Bogi does more different things while KK was lights out the best shooter.

47 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Cap is an absolutely elite defensive Center and the best rebounder in the NBA...

This. I like my center to board and play D. I mean I love it if they are versatile but if you can’t lose the grittiness and toughness a center SHOULD bring to a team, after all they are the big guys on the court, bring toughness. 

Of course there’s Trae, smallest dude but prolly toughest SOB around.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

No doubt the shooting. Korver was the best in the league with Curry at the time probably. But Bogi is almost a 5 tool baller. I loved Korver I’m just saying I think Bogi does more different things while KK was lights out the best shooter.

Well, for most of that year, Korver was 50/50/90...   meaning that he shot over 50% from the field 50% from 3 and 90% from the FT line.   I don't care how many tools you have.. a guy that hits 50 percent of his threes.  And he averaged putting up 6 threes a game.  That's freakin inhuman.   Do you know how much KK stretched defenses?  A healthy Bogi is great.. it's just a rare appearance this year so it's hard to appreciate. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Do you know how much KK stretched defenses? 

Ya that’s true. That year was just plain fun due to vets understanding movement and spacing and passing. Korver indeed spread the court and gave room for guys like Sap and Teague to work.

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Not for me.

LMAO!! 

Horford was massively better than JC or Capela. 

For me, these Hawks are much better because Trae is an offensive superstar, something those teams needed with a passion and this team has. 

This team is just a lot more talented. That team had no one with excellent talent as you seen in my talent thread. Al was talented and Sap was a decent talent but they did it through other means. This team is loaded with talent from Bogi, Kevin, JC, Gallo, and obviously, the extreme talents of Trae Young who's game is built for this shit. 

I clearly got Bogi over Kyle. Kyle wasn't a playoff player. He was what he was. 

• Like 2

I wouldnt say massively. Yes he is better than Capela offensively by a mile but JC is just a tad undersized on him weight wise. Collins can shoot the three better IMO and can jump higher though.

Bogi fully healthy playing better D than Kyle might push him over but just barely. Absolutely agree about Trae. He's the best player weve had besides Nique i think we all agree