• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021 vs 2015 Eastern Conference Finals

TheTruth

3 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

Sap was the main guy on some decent teams... JC never will be. He is more of a 3rd or 4th option.

JC had elevated (back) to 2nd during the playoff run.

Your statement says it all. Sap was thee guy on DECENT playoff teams. JC is the heart of the most accomplished team in Atlanta Hawks history. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, HawkingAwesome said:

i felt bad in 2015 because of the nypd. 

Yeah, the Hawks couldn't afford to lose Thabo's defense. That team needed every player to be present and 100% to be successful. There wasn't much margin for error. Delly taking Korver out was the straw that broke the camel's back though. The Hawks couldn't recover from that. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Yeah, the Hawks couldn't afford to lose Thabo's defense. That team needed every player to be present and 100% to be successful. There wasn't much margin for error. Delly taking Korver out was the straw that broke the camel's back though. The Hawks couldn't recover from that. 

And the Horf ejection on the retaliation... but really the Hawks never had a prayer with coach Bud calling the shots. He essentially made absolutely no adjustments all series long and we were trying to run the exact same offense the exact same way despite several players missing or ailing. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

Sap was the main guy on some decent teams... JC never will be. He is more of a 3rd or 4th option.

That's not exactly accurate though. There was basically three players that took the exact same number of shots as Sap, and the offense really revolved around Korver, so to say he was the main guy offensively and to say that you couldn't plug John Collins in place of Sap on that team and he would have great success is a fallacy. I think JC is by far a more efficient offensive player than Sap, a better shooter, and a better rebounder. Sap is a better creator, passer, and defender. Overall I think it's pretty much a push. On this team in particular I think JC is a much better fit, and I think Sap was probably a better fit on that 2015 team, but I think both would still be succesful if you swapped them.