• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bucks -- ECF GAME 2

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ok, so let's see if the refs call this tonight.

I always thought of a dude at the line hesitates and takes so long that the rhythm would mess him up more. 

They used to count for Karl Malone at the line while he always talked to himself under his breath. A friend and I tried to guess what he was saying. Lol, my best guess was..

ACHAMAMAAAHPAPA- the mailman at the line.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I always thought of a dude at the line hesitates and takes so long that the rhythm would mess him up more. 

They used to count for Karl Malone at the line while he always talked to himself under his breath. A friend and I tried to guess what he was saying. Lol, my best guess was..

ACHAMAMAAAHPAPA- the mailman at the line.

Let me help you out! My little brother saw on some TV show in the 90s (likely Inside the NBA with Ahmad Rashad's screechy ass voice) that when Karl goes to the line, he tells himself "I need some paper" (incentive to make free throws to get paid).

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, warcore said:

Let me help you out! My little brother saw on some TV show in the 90s (likely Inside the NBA with Ahmad Rashad's screechy ass voice) that when Karl goes to the line, he tells himself "I need some paper" (incentive to make free throws to get paid).

😳 whoa? Are you serious? :laugh:That’s hilarious and awesome thanks man I never knew. I actually watched inside the nba also must have missed that one lol.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ok, so let's see if the refs call this tonight.

Is there any reason the Hawks can't run the clock on the scoreboard like they did earlier in the playoffs?  Seems to me that I'd accept the fine if I was Ressler and then put the league in a position where it would have to explain why you are fining me and not enforcing the rule.

24 minutes ago, AHF said:

Is there any reason the Hawks can't run the clock on the scoreboard like they did earlier in the playoffs?  Seems to me that I'd accept the fine if I was Ressler and then put the league in a position where it would have to explain why you are fining me and not enforcing the rule.

I'm torn.  I have an affinity for the troll arts but I wonder if handling it the mature way would work better for the Hawks.  Based on the L2M report, they're well aware of it.  If I'm Hawks brass, I send the league a copy of their own report and say "whazzup?"

Then I send them all the "Trae Young rule" stuff and ask why they're "making up new rules" but won't enforce ones that're already on the books.

8 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Trae looks sinister in this.

9hj6jc5a2d771.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

That looks pretty slick.  Where's that from?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

Good read.  We can continue to pound them on the glass when they want to go small and switch.  Bud never paid any mind to the importance of rebounding, especially in the playoffs and on the road.  More ball pressure and higher hands won’t help on Trae.  He’s just gonna break the nutmeg out again (haven’t seen that one in a while) and his bounce passes under arms are stuff of legend.  

I been said the Bucks ain’t got nothing for us.  Hawks possessions too variable, Trae’s floater too omnipotent.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm torn.  I have an affinity for the troll arts but I wonder if handling it the mature way would work better for the Hawks.  Based on the L2M report, they're well aware of it.  If I'm Hawks brass, I send the league a copy of their own report and say "whazzup?"

Then I send them all the "Trae Young rule" stuff and ask why they're "making up new rules" but won't enforce ones that're already on the books.

That looks pretty slick.  Where's that from?

https://www.instagram.com/shion_m_art/?hl=en

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

They will shut down the clock and not explain why the rule isn't being enforced.  It's like the Soviet Union. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The reason I liked it is that Giannis seemed to struggle when they were counting it out.  I think it was distracting for him.  It also, of course, lays bare the fact that the NBA is ignoring the rule and does it in a publicly embarrassing way that a 2 minute report doesn't.  The only people who follow the 2 minute report are the basketball hard liners and so the vast majority of the viewing public knows nothing about it.  Every single person who is watching the game is aware of it if the clock is running.  

I don't see how it would be unfair either.  We have a shot clock the fans can see.  Fans can watch the 8 second clock run.  It would be embarrassing to the league if they didn't enforce those and so the refs do with no problem.  Shouldn't be hard for them to endure the same thing on free throws.  The rule is the exact same.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

That Torrey Craig move will prove to be a killer for Milwaukee. 

Also, Milwaukee has to win the games where Jrue goes for 30+

For me, the media is discussing how Middleton underperformed and are referencing that as to why the Bucks most likely can win.  However, they fail to mention that this was Jrue's best game and isn't likely to repeat that performance. 

Just now, kg01 said:

Oh .. you thought one gif-storm was enough?  Thought we was done?

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e471g7d860hg51bzfgtx0

Iss game 2!  Who got they gameface on?

@AHF and @warcore painted on their most beautifulest leotards for dis ..

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47xyjizd05dkwtxdz82d

@aali34, @Gray Mule, @RandomFan, and @High5 all wore make-up for game 2 ..

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47xyjizd05dkwtxdz82d

@JeffS17, @bleachkit, and @LongTimeFan been 'bout it since the 1700's ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47j7y9z71dxbgv5qmbma

@marco102 creepy AF but he on our side so iss'aiight!

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47mq8yf6igrs7xrt5slk

Let's get this win, hawks!

Lol..I'm sorry I'm so petty. 

• Like 3