• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We need Bogi playing at a high level

NERMAN

I hope the fact he only played 18 minutes last night helps.  It's a different offense when he is on his game and I think we'll need that to be able to win 3 more games.  His shot did look better so maybe he's getting back on track.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NERMAN said:

I hope the fact he only played 18 minutes last night helps.  It's a different offense when he is on his game and I think we'll need that to be able to win 3 more games.  His shot did look better so maybe he's getting back on track.

If that's the case, the Hawks will lose! Bogi is a career 14-15 ppg scorer. Asking him to do more is unreasonable. Plus defensively he is just awful.

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The Hawks need Bogi to come off the bench.  He is not athletic enough to play with the starters

The Hawks need Bogi off the floor right now. Knee looks really bad and I pray it doesn't require surgery.  I rather have Reddish/Snell in at this point.

• Premium Member
Just now, GameTime said:

The Hawks need Bogi off the floor right now. Knee looks really bad and I pray it doesn't require surgery.  I rather have Reddish/Snell in at this point.

I would also throw in Hill to rotate on Giannis at the top if the key.  Hill knows how to pressure the ball.

• Premium Member
On 6/26/2021 at 5:15 PM, hawkman said:

Him emerging as the secondary ballhandler and shot maker made the Hawks tough to guard during the second half of the season. He did look better last game, but the Hawks need him to be the "machine" he has during the regular season to make it past the Bucks where we expected every shot he put up to go in. Movement off the ball is a big part of his game and I'm not sure he's capable of that right now. 

1st of all, no one is playing like they did during the regular season exept Trae because the playoffs are hard. Secondly I kinda knew he would be exposed defensively in the playoffs because of his lack of athleticism

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The Hawks need Bogi to come off the bench.  He is not athletic enough to play with the starters

In the physical condition he's in, I agree with you.

People shouldn't act like Bogi is going to all of a sudden turn it around.  He was struggling offensively before the injury, and it's just been worse since he's reaggravated his knee.  It's pretty obvious that he can't run.

5 straight games of below double figure scoring, with 30% FG and 15% 3FG shooting.  There's no doubt that he's hurting us more than helping us, at this point.

The guys we should be looking toward, is Huerter and Gallo.   I firmly believe that Gallo should be in this starting lineup, then bring in the other guys to stagger the minutes of Collins and Gallo in the middle part of the game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hawkman said:

Him emerging as the secondary ballhandler and shot maker made the Hawks tough to guard during the second half of the season. He did look better last game, but the Hawks need him to be the "machine" he has during the regular season to make it past the Bucks where we expected every shot he put up to go in. Movement off the ball is a big part of his game and I'm not sure he's capable of that right now. 

If he's not capable they should sit him for a game or 2 and hope he comes back strong.  It looked like he was being more aggressive last game though and that was part of the reason he picked up the quick fouls. Maybe he's getting more confidence in his knee.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

We could use one of these games from Bogi tonight

Oh the memories. His ability to get and stay on the move without the ball was a tough cover for defenses. Miss that.

• Like 1

• Admin

When he was healthy he was our second best player and helped save this season.  He is playing on one leg and got to give him credit for the grit he has shown.  I wish his shots were falling … he looked a little more mobile in last game so hopefully he can get back to his old form.  We need him.  … to question of him being awful defensively … that is not remotely true … he makes the opposition work for it … he just doesn’t have the mobility right now.

• Like 1