John Collins has a message to Atlanta fans

Sothron

6 hours ago, AHF said:

Yah I can't argue that.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Jdawgflow said:

For real?

Yes. The only reason I mentioned JT posted on here is because he mentioned it in an old interview with the Hawks website. Those guys don't want people to know their names for obvious reasons. I'm not going to say who it was or maybe still is. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

That is pretty cool.  Thanks for sharing.  I know from the old days you used to (maybe still do) have some nice connections.  I miss reading about your inside scoops.  Glad some here have carried the torch.

I have to admit it is much nicer talking about going to the NBA finals this time of year vs which draft pick we might get or what has been player snubbed us for a “real team”.

I still got one guy but I don't do the insider stuff after some maniacs on here sent me death threats for me and my wife including our address and picture of our house.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I still got one guy but I don't do the insider stuff after some maniacs on here sent me death threats for me and my wife including our address and picture of our house.

I remember that unfortunately, too.  Crazy stuff.  Hopefully that person/people are not allowed here anymore.  

• Like 1

Collins: 4 points 7 rebounds 1 block in 30 minutes. However, Hawk high +26 bmp. He played a hell of a game. This presence was felt all night. 

You don’t have to put up stats to impact a game. Nice JC, keep it up!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Collins: 4 points 7 rebounds 1 block in 30 minutes. However, Hawk high +26 bmp. He played a hell of a game. This presence was felt all night. 

You don’t have to put up stats to impact a game. Nice JC, keep it up!

You don't give energy guys max contracts.  If that was Solo's stat line I would celebrate with you. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

JC had the highest +/- of the game at 26 for what that's worth.   His scoring is up and down but our attack is heavily shooter and guard dominated.  It's noticeable when John gets a touch in the post because it happens so seldom.   Which is fine but opportunistic scorers aren't going to consistently have 15-20 point games.   Doesn't take away from the fact that he's very important to the team.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Wurider05 said:

You don't give energy guys max contracts.  If that was Solo's stat line I would celebrate with you. 

So are you Lee Van Cleef??  Or is it just your avatar??

• 1 year later...

Oh look, did someone just bump a new John Collins catch all thread?

One that doesn’t disrespect the fact that he is still Hawk, and has been a class act since day one?

Would you look at that.

JC, we appreciate you for everything you do for the organization on and off the court, including trying to play through injury to help us win games. Get healthy and come back ready to rock and roll next season.

Here’s to all of the Hawks players on the roster having amazing seasons this year.  

• Thanks 3