• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bucks at Hawks -- ECF GAME 4

lethalweapon3

Not as physical as I want them to be but much more so than the first three games. So happy to see Cam and Dunn. They really increased the defensive intensity and got up into Holiday and Middleton. Without Trae the Hawks had to muddy the waters and fight every possession to win. So glad to see the fight they showed tonight.  Go Hawks we can beat these boys.

• Like 2

• Moderators
7 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I doubt Giannis has a major long term injury. He was walking pretty good when he came out of the locker room. 

Lest not forget that Rondo once finished out a quarter with an ACL tear that ended up ending his season. We all have different pain thresholds.

• Like 3

So the morning article on the game...uh...Giannis...did mention this. The ESPN folks did give some context anyway as painful as it may have been. Still it was mostly about Giannis as expected.

The Hawks, who were without star guard Trae Young, never trailed in the game. They outscored the Bucks in points in the paint, 46-44.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Probably the worst shooting point guard in all the NBA, and by a considerable margin. Excellent defender of course. 

Dunn's offense reminds me of the year Jacque Vaughn had with us. There was a running joke as to when he would hit his first shot for us. It was very sad to watch. In Dunn's corner of course is that aggressive defense as you stated.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

The injury certainly looked like an ACL tear to me, but hopefully for Giannis that is not the case. 

On the couch with my wife as he laid on the ground and I watched the replay.

"Oh F$%@", 

"What?" she asks.

"Oh man, I didn't want to win like that."

"Like what? What happened?" a little concerned at my mood.

"Giannis just tore his ACL! Man he's a good dude. Type of guy you'd love to have on your squad. He's a gamer. D@&#!"

The second it happened, that was my first thought. I'll be shocked if the MRI comes back and says he's okay/a game time decision. Its the way it extended and buckled. We've all seen that before.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

On the couch with my wife as he laid on the ground and I watched the replay.

"Oh F$%@", 

"What?" she asks.

"Oh man, I didn't want to win like that."

"Like what? What happened?" a little concerned at my mood.

"Giannis just tore his ACL! Man he's a good dude. Type of guy you'd love to have on your squad. He's a gamer. D@&#!"

The second it happened, that was my first thought. I'll be shocked if the MRI comes back and says he's okay/a game time decision. Its the way it extended and buckled. We've all seen that before.

I felt much the same.  Nothing good to say.  The entire arena went stone cold silent.  Tough to watch.  

What shocked me was watching him come back to the bench after the 1st trip to the locker room.  I was thinking maybe a knee can look like it got shattered and be totally fine.  If Bud was gonna put him back in the game, and this turns out to be as bad as it looks, what does that say about him as a coach?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I felt much the same.  Nothing good to say.  The entire arena went stone cold silent.  Tough to watch.  

What shocked me was watching him come back to the bench after the 1st trip to the locker room.  I was thinking maybe a knee can look like it got shattered and be totally fine.  If Bud was gonna put him back in the game, and this turns out to be as bad as it looks, what does that say about him as a coach?  

I'm really hoping this isn't true. I'm not a huge Bud fan after the way he left, but putting him back in the game would've been unethical on a completely different level. But that's not all on him. Any competent medical staff would shut Giannis down and immediately schedule an MRI after that injury.

55 minutes ago, kg01 said:

In a stunning departure, kg agrees totally with bleachk.

Although moving on was the right move, there's no reason to pile onto the guy.  He did some good things for us.

Apparently he did all the good things for us brought in all these guys, who knows how true all that.is, but us playing this well at this point does not reflect poorly on LP.it actually makes him look better especially with how deep we.are

• Premium Member

THE BLATANT DISRESPECT!!!!!

Looking forward to hearing about how the Hawks defeated the Bucks last night from the talking heads... Caught the tell end of First things first. 

The conversation:  If Atlanta wins the championship, there should be an asterisk by their name???  Then Broussard goes on to say.. if Giannis comes back and Milwaukee wins the championship... I won't feel the asterisk is needed....  WHAT???

So, that goes off and Undisputed comes on... For the first 25 minutes... they talk about Phoenix vs. LAC...  Really???  Then the only mention of our game was a mention of Giannis injury and they all have sad faces like it's a funeral.   Even when we win... we can't get the respect that we are due. 

• Haha 1