• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bucks at Hawks -- ECF GAME 4

lethalweapon3

13 minutes ago, AHF said:

You are overreaching.  You quoted a report about what was coming from the Bucks' staff.  If you report that Kyrie Irving said the Earth is flat, you don't prove the report was wrong by pointing out the Earth is round.   

I have seen nothing to indicate that report was wrong.  

Do you mean a general existential fear of an injury? Why would anyone bother reporting that. That's goes without saying. Typically when there is a report the team is worried about a torn ACL it's because of the results of the initial Lachman test, which are pretty accurate. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Do you mean a general existential fear of an injury? Why would anyone bother reporting that. That's goes without saying. Typically when there is a report the team is worried about a torn ACL it's because of the results of the initial Lachman test, which are pretty accurate. 

I don't understand your comment.  If Hawks management told a reporter that they feared Trae might be out for the next year after his ankle injury, that is worth reporting.  That is what was reported here except it was Bucks management telling the reporter. 

The report said nothing about what medical diagnostics were relied on by the Bucks staff who reportedly feared Giannis had suffered a major injury.  The only thing it noted on that front was that no MRI had taken place.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't understand your comment.  If Hawks management told a reporter that they feared Trae might be out for the next year after his ankle injury, that is worth reporting.  That is what was reported here except it was Bucks management telling the reporter. 

The report said nothing about what medical diagnostics were relied on by the Bucks staff who reportedly feared Giannis had suffered a major injury.  The only thing it noted on that front was that no MRI had taken place.

I find the reporting highly questionable. This sounds like a throw it on the wall and see what sticks type deal. Woj is about the only one that is consistently right. 

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, AHawks89 said:

Not sure if this has been posted or mentioned but WTF is this?

This dude has no business being on TV.

The other 3 people on that panel with him dunked on him pretty hard for that take too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHawks89 said:

Not sure if this has been posted or mentioned but WTF is this?

This dude has no business being on TV.

This is the most asinine take I've seen.  We're basically the only team that has played healthy opponents throughout the playoffs.  Why would there be an asterisk next to an ATL championship when we were missing reddish most of the playoffs, hunter almost all of the playoffs, trae playing hurt, bogi playing hurt, capela just got his eye ravaged... and the only injury that has "benefited" us is giannis in a game we were already up by 10.  The Suns have had the most injury-riddled path but they also won't deserve an asterisk because they've played their asses off, as have all prior champions.  

This is just Broussard being a complete idiot and the media having to cope with the fact they didn't cover us all year despite being one of the top 3 teams since McMillan took over.  Now they're rationalizing the fact they ignored us all year with crap like this.  It's such a trash take we should not be giving these clowns clicks

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, JeffS17 said:

This is the most asinine take I've seen.  We're basically the only team that has played healthy opponents throughout the playoffs.  Why would there be an asterisk next to an ATL championship when we were missing reddish most of the playoffs, hunter almost all of the playoffs, trae playing hurt, bogi playing hurt, capela just got his eye ravaged... and the only injury that has "benefited" us is giannis in a game we were already up by 10.  The Suns have had the most injury-riddled path but they also won't deserve an asterisk because they've played their asses off, as have all prior champions.  

This is just Broussard being a complete idiot and the media having to cope with the fact they didn't cover us all year despite being one of the top 3 teams since McMillan took over.  Now they're rationalizing the fact they ignored us all year with crap like this.  It's such a trash take we should not be giving these clowns clicks

To add to this, the fact he's saying ATL will have an asterisk and not the other teams knowing that ATL will have to go through 2 of the other teams left to win, is just circular logic.  Man this guy is a clown.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, bleachkit said:

They feared a major injury when his leg was severely hyperextend. Way to go out on a limb there. Clearly it was implying there was high likelihood of an ACL accordingly to your guy, which turned out not to be case. 

The source and also the Clippers reporter were hearing this FROM BUCKS sources. They were simply passing on what they heard from them that the fear was he tore his ACL. I don't know what you are going on about. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

:laugh1: Gramps! Are they nuts over there? Do they know who you are? 

Apparently they do.  That's why they have me under a severe sentence!

:smug:

• Haha 3