F*ck Chris Broussard--You are not going to believe what he said!!

Wurider05

• Premium Member
Just now, macdaddy said:

This is truth.   If we get to the finals CP3 will probably replace Randle and Embiid as the most annoying players we faced in the playoffs.   His flop against Cousins last night shows what a joke the NBA is.   They watched it on replay and should have given CP a T for flopping.  

But we have to get there.  Facing the trap game of all trap games tonight. 

Absolutely.  Tonight is huge.  We need to come out with that same intensity from game 4!

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

:laugh1: that’s for clarifying the end.

Bro I just went over to realgm and it makes me sad. Threads like “is this the weakest champion since 2004?”

Man, these guys are hating hard. Every year when your team ain’t in it, it’s the weakest year and pull out the asterisks. 

I might join Gramps and get a strike there, more like a coach getting a T for his guys lol.

It don't make me sad.  They can kiss my whole a**

Afternoon NBA show said this year's champ wouldn't be able to beat the last 40 champions.  Like, what TF does that even mean?

Again, they can kiss my whole a** if we win.  No matter what they say, no matter how hard they hate, no matter how much it hurts they feewings, they'll NEVER be able to take it away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Also, I'm so tired of the push for a "feel-good" story around CP3.  Why is this a feel-good story?  Because he never made the finals in 16 years as a good player? O.K.   Feel-good story is someone like Giannis and his brothers who are wholesome good people off the court.  Feel-good story is Capela who grew up in a Swiss orphanage and left his family to pursue basketball.  CP3 is an arrogant ass and he plays dirty and constantly flops.  Nothing about him or his personality is feel-good.  He's really competitive and wants to win really badly?  O.K. so does everyone else, who cares.  But nah, let's keep talking about the guy who has hour long flop compilations on YouTube and is constantly getting into petty disputes with players and has had countless dirty plays.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Just now, kg01 said:

they'll NEVER be able to take it away.

YES SIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRR (say it again for the Broussard’s in the back)! 

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Afternoon NBA show said this year's champ wouldn't be able to beat the last 40 champions.  Like, what TF does that even mean?

It was Termine. I heard it yesterday. He said whoever is the champ this year wouldn’t be able to beat a champ the last 40 years. Ya, there’s no way to prove it. If anything it’s honestly harder to have to go through all these injuries and continue to thrive, we’ve done that.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

At this point we’ve been hated on for so long that I’m not sure I even want them to like us.  We good we good. :banjo: 

Kind of like the boy or girl that was completely overlooked in high school.

But then you see him or her at their 10 year reunion . . and no one can believe that is really them, because they're now either a lot more beautiful, or likable.

As the great philosopher Mike Jones once said

"Back then, they didn't want me.  Now I'm hot, they all on me."

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Kind of like the boy or girl that was completely overlooked in high school.

But then you see him or her at their 10 year reunion . . and no one can believe that is really them, because they're now either a lot more beautiful, or likable.

As the great philosopher Mike Jones once said

"Back then, they didn't want me.  Now I'm hot, they all on me."

YESSSSSSSSSS MIKE JONES WHO?? MIKE JONES!!!!! 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, LongTimeFan said:

It would take an incredible effort for the Bucks to win without Antetokounmpo. Nothing against Young, but what he does is a lot easier to replace. 

Speaking to what the Yahoo writer said...

Given that betting lines are a reflection, not of any one person or few persons, but of the large scale population of bettors, it's not actually a surprise that the disrespect still lingers at that level... they're just too used to perceiving the Bucks as they do, too used to perceiving the Hawks as they do... and when you add the home court advantage (ordinarily 3 points in football, but I don't know what it is ordinarily considered to be in hoops), it's actually pretty easy to understand why it is what it is.

To the specific comment the guy wrote, I think it's an accurate assessment, and Game 4 pretty much affirmed it. If you think about it, it even can be taken as something of a compliment that our roster is so well constructed that there is duplication of skills, and thus a resiliency that the Bucks... like the Sixers and Knicks before them... can't claim. Further establishing the point, we even had our most elite player have a bad Game 7, and still had so much production from the rest of the team that it didn't matter.

Indeed, what he does is a lot easier to replace--that is, if you have that kind of roster. Not so much, of course, if you don't. We don't have another Trae Young on the roster, and the Bucks don't have another Giannis Antetokounmpo on theirs, but it's rational to believe that we can compensate better than they can... though, time is about to prove whether or not that's a valid belief.

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

YES SIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRR (say it again for the Broussard’s in the back)! 

It was Termine. I heard it yesterday. He said whoever is the champ this year wouldn’t be able to beat a champ the last 40 years. Ya, there’s no way to prove it. If anything it’s honestly harder to have to go through all these injuries and continue to thrive, we’ve done that.

I'll take the first championship years of the Bulls. Yes, Pippen/Jordan are a hard cover...But Trae, Capela, Collins vs Cartwright, Grant, Paxson....There isn't a gum covered gym floor in America where Cartwright/Grant could cover these 2. I'm an old timer but Jordan/Pippen never faced a team they had to chase around 40 screens a night each. That era was all about ISO basketball. This super fast, kick the ball around the horn 5 times and chasing corner 3's defense would have 1/2 of the Pistons, Lakers, Bulls champions of old completely gassed by the end of the 2nd quarter.  For heaven's sake, Darko used to smoke. No athlete these days does that. Jordan, Nique were who they were because they were in the most incredible shape for the time. I love old school and maybe the teams of the early 2000's would have struggled but these old fools forget that they weren't switching, chasing, screening all night. They could hand check. Chasing screens takes your legs out like nothing else. Its a 100% different game. Today's rules, old school teams stand no chance. Yesterday's rules, we'd get bulldozed. Its as simple as that. We don't have anyone as strong as Kevin Willis. But there are only a handful of 80's players who could guard a modern point guard, without help...more or less Trae Young or Westbrook. Devin Booker would get 40 a night against old school players. Nobody from that era is covering him 1 on 1 with today's rules.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Wurider05 said:

Dude said that if the Hawks win the championship there needs to be an asterisk in the record books due to all the injuries, but not so for the other teams. This has be the most BS comment I have ever heard.  Why us but not the other teams? 

If we beat those other teams doesn't that automatically take away an asterisk? If they were good enough to win and we were good enough to beat them.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Again, they can kiss my whole a** if we win.  No matter what they say, no matter how hard they hate, no matter how much it hurts they feewings, they'll NEVER be able to take it away.

Drop your pants, fart and have them kiss your whole a** :ph34r:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, kg01 said:

LIKE! 

For some reason, my reactions aren't working.   Is anyone else having this issue? 

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

LIKE! 

For some reason, my reactions aren't working.   Is anyone else having this issue? 

Ya my whole deal is messed up. I can’t like anything, it keeps making me repost the same thing and it says I can’t post till 9 seconds later lol. And it’s not allowing me to see who quoted me.

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya my whole deal is messed up. I can’t like anything, it keeps making me repost the same thing and it says I can’t post till 9 seconds later lol. And it’s not allowing me to see who quoted me.

yeah, I had that issue too. Might be some behind the scenes updates going on. At least I hope that's the case. 

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

yeah, I had that issue too. Might be some behind the scenes updates going on. At least I hope that's the case. 

Nah, yall are just banned.  Me too.  Wait, further proof we're all the same person or no?

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, Dejay said:

I'll give it a shot...

The sports hate for this city goes back a long way. You have Ted Turner's initial start as an owner of the Braves and even managing the team for a game. You have Rankin Smith and his family (aka the Clampetts) owning the Falcons and running that franchise into the ground. Losing not one but two NHL teams due to poor ownership (see Flames, Atlanta) and negligent ownership (see Thrashers, Atlanta). And do we even need to go there with the misfires of this franchise over the last five decades? And as a side note, we'll get to see one of their biggest misfires on full display in the Finals, starting next week (see Paul, Christopher). Hell, the only local pro teams who managed to win a title until the mid-'90s (and none since) were the Chiefs and Knights, and both of those leagues eventually folded.

In the sports world, Atlanta was regarded as a joke, a running punchline by comedians, and a city not to take seriously in terms of winning or hosting anything of significance. And with no Georgia Dome being around until 1992, that was largely the case. Sure, we managed to get a Final Four here or an All-Star game there in the '70s when the Omni and AFCS was still kind of new but afterwards? Get real. Unless you was a big pro wrestling fan and loved Dusty Rhodes fighting Ric Flair and the Four Horsemen (see 1987 Wargames), you had to look elsewhere for big time events.

Despite this backdrop, the city still managed to host what was widely regarded as being one of the most exclusive events in the world; the 1996 Summer Olympic Games. It wasn't just that it was the Olympics, it was the Centennial Olympics that our city got that the entire world expected Athens, Greece to host. That put the city on the map not only nationally but on an international scale never seen before. And for whatever reason warranted or not, neither party felt that Atlanta 'deserved' to host such a prestigious event; like pundits today feeling as if the Hawks not 'deserving' to be in the Finals and crafting new and creative ways for the Bucks to win the ECFs. That perception started long before Muhammed Ali lit the torch (BTW, I worked for ACOG and was only 30 feet away from him when it happened).

Ask any international sports columnist and many of them are still salty about the '96 Summer Games to this very day. Even the ones in the US hold a personal grudge against the city and has stopped at nothing to crack on Atlanta whenever something goes sideways (see SBLI, the 1996/1999 World Series). Add that to the fact that this is one of the largest transient cities in the world where most folks move here with their hometown sports allegiances in tow while the locals carry an SEC mentality in terms of winning or staying home because they knew that the local teams would royally eff things up in the playoffs (see Braves, Atlanta) and it gave a different narrative to lazy national columnists who are used to lemmings packing the place to see a bad product in say, Chicago, NYC, or Cleveland.

It never occurs to them that the sole reason why their buildings sold out while ours didn't is because those teams have banners hanging up in the rafters (flags fly forever). Those banners always give fans hope that lightning can strike once again no matter how many games in a row their team just lost. There simply is no track record of that down here, so generations of fans got to see the local teams get rick-rolled every year while Jordan, Lebron, Derek Jeter, Tom Brady, et al win rings and followed their teams instead. Case in point, this explains why the ratings for the NBA Finals are always high here despite the Hawks never going that far in their entire Atlanta existence (hopefully, that changes within the week)...

Wow...I see why now. Great post.💯

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Pretty sure with Giannis out were gonna see a much bigger commitment to them getting Lopez down in the low post for offense. 

13 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Slowpez doesn't play down on the block any more.

In fact, what Bud team has featured a low post scorer?

If anything, Khris Middleton and Jrue Holiday will be looked upon to be ultra aggressive on offense.  Without Giannis and Trae, they're arguably the 2 best players in the series, with the Hawks arguably having the next 4 - 5 best players.

In a close game down the stretch, the advantage probably goes to Milwaukee, due to Khris' shot creating and making ability.

In the overall stretch of things, the advantage goes to us, because we can sustain a baseline level of play throughout the game.

But like I said, let's hope it doesn't come down to a 1 possession game in which we must make tough shots.  At that point, I only trust Huerter and Lou to create something in the midrange to get us a good look.  Collins' post up is a possible option too.

13 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Lopez doesn't play on the block anymore because he has Giannis as a teammate and they don't want to clutter up the paint. That's obviously not the case now. We'll see.

Alonzo GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1