• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bucks -- ECF GAME 5

RandomFan

14 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Outworked? WHERE?  Lopez didn't have to work. He was just LITERALLY walking to the rim for layups, hooks and rebounds.  The hardest work he had to do tonight was lacing up his sneakers.

Exactly. People can blame our bigs for a lot in this game, but most of the Lopez points came not because of them, but because we didn't stop perimeter penetration that forced our bigs to step up and leave Lopez wide open. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You only do it if Nate commits to playing bigger lineups

With Okongwu now showing that he may can handle playing meaningful backup minutes at the 5, the need for the Hawks turn to backup PG . . or a legit #2 option that can take over the game.

The only thing we need right now is a sustained healthy De'Andre Hunter and Cam Reddish.  Hunter would not have allowed this game to get so out of reach, I truly believe that. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

The legit #2 option should be Hunter next year. He is clearly our 2nd best player and he's greatly missed in these playoffs.

Or if we can somehow pry KAT or Siakam away in trade, which isn't likely. Our conundrum with the potential JC contract is, there really just aren't that many great power forwards in the NBA today. Some team is likely to make him an overpay offer simply because of the talent vacuum at that position. 

They better have an great PG if they overpay for Collins...How many teams with legit PG play have the $? If Im the Hawks Im offering 4 yr 80 now..lol..He'll turn it down of course..I might match his offer sheet if he signs one though, and try for a s&t later.....I hate to lose him for nothing..

Edited by terrell

9 minutes ago, terrell said:

They better have an great PG if they overpay for Collins...How many teams with legit PG play have the $? If Im the Hawks Im offering 4 yr 80 now..lol..He'll turn it down of course..I might match his offer sheet if he signs one though, and try for a s&t later.....I hate to lose him for nothing..

Sounds familiar. 

Gif Collection

1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

4 years $80M is the max I'm offering. If another team offers more, we have to match but as soon as he signs I'm looking for who I can trade him for ASAP to get that salary spent in better places. Love the guy's heart and locker room leadership, don't love his fit and talent; not for more than $20M per year I don't.  

At least we're on the same page. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

The only thing we need right now is a sustained healthy De'Andre Hunter and Cam Reddish.  Hunter would not have allowed this game to get so out of reach, I truly believe that. 

We need more than that . . unless Trae is truly a top 5 all time HOF point guard.  We could definitely use upgrades on the frontline, or a high scoring backcourt mate with Trae that can create his own shot.

• Premium Member

Too much for the paint to handle because our perimeter defense was non existent. No ball movement and 14 turnovers. The Hawks will play better at home as always, but our defense MUST show up!

• Like 2

I’m with Bogi, I think we respond at home.

"I know we are fearless, and I know we are tough," said Hawks guard Bogdan Bogdanovic, who had a second straight impressive game for Atlanta (28 points, five rebounds, four assists) and was arguably the team's lone bright spot. "I know we'll respond."

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Diesel said:

He played some defense.  He blocked about 4 shots. 

The other day I said we need a quality Big Big and some of you guys was like... Nah.. No.. Nope.. we have enough.  Brooks Freakin Lopez just took your enough and wiped his ass with it. 

You didn't name one big of quality in that thread. Everyone will agree, we can use KAT or Embiid. No one will agree Dedmon or Len would help us

• Like 3