• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bucks -- ECF GAME 5

RandomFan

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

Sometimes you give credit where credit is due. Bucks have played inspired ball the last two games and what undid us was Jrue Holliday going bonkers and shredding the defense. I know Brook is getting all the attention but how many of his points came one on one? Yea, none. It was all off of passes from Jure and putbacks with our centers scramblings. 

*last two games at home 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bobrathbun4pres said:

Im not worried. I hope trae plays game 6 though. We def need him game 7. Giannis isnt coming back

I wouldn't bet money against Giannis coming back.

He may not come back at 100%, but he may definitely come back.

The guy was walking pretty good last night.  If he improves within the next 72 hours, he may come back with a knee brace, and play a similar role to what Lopez played tonight . . at the dunker's spot right around the rim.

If they do that, the Hawks may be in trouble.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

Sometimes you give credit where credit is due. Bucks have played inspired ball the last two games and what undid us was Jrue Holliday going bonkers and shredding the defense. I know Brook is getting all the attention but how many of his points came one on one? Yea, none. It was all off of passes from Jure and putbacks with our centers scramblings. 

They were backed into a corner and were fighting for their season.  The energy was there, the execution was there...they just stepped up big time.  We on the other hand, came out way too loose.  It's almost like they expected the Bucks to roll over.  No ball movement, pounding the ball, no sense of urgency on defense, and losing every key rebound.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

Jrue was getting into the paint for layups and easy baskets for Lopez at will.  So frustrating to watch.

Like I said.. it's an X and O thing that Nate will have to figure out. 

In essence, they played our game plan with bigger big men.

Jrue or Middleton would drive inside and our defense would pull up to meet them and their bigs would make us pay. 

Our inside was as available as a free Speghetti dinner. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Wretch said:

They were backed into a corner and were fighting for their season.  The energy was there, the execution was there...they just stepped up big time.  We on the other hand, came out way too loose.  It's almost like they expected the Bucks to roll over.  No ball movement, pounding the ball, no sense of urgency on defense, and losing every key rebound.

Nothing killed us more than those offensive rebounds.   I'm guessing if we took the points off offensive rebounds and examined them, that's the difference in the game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Nothing killed us more than those offensive rebounds.   I'm guessing if we took the points off offensive rebounds and examined them, that's the difference in the game. 

I'd like to see the 2nd chance points too.  The box score doesn't say it, but watching the game they were MURDERING us on the offensive glass.

Also the 1st quarter mental collapse.  Between that and the 2nd chance points, we lost that game.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

You know a lot of people gave JC crap about that game.  

His stat line is not bad.  7/16 from the field..    3/5 from three.   19/8/3..

But it's just hard watching his man go off...  But everybody's man went off. 

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

His stat line is not bad. 

I don’t care about his stat line as much as I do the energy he can bring us. He had 4 points and 7 boards in game 4 but it was huge as far as the the energy he brought. None of that happened last night. Forget stats, specially in the playoffs.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Well...  It wasn't 2nd chance points.  Not overall anyway.  We actually won that battle 23-19 and offensive rebounding was virtually even.  The biggest indicator, not surprisingly though, is points in the paint - 66 to 36...along with that pathetic 1st quarter.

Had to be key/momentum possessions where they were killing us on the glass, because the straight stats just don't tell the whole story.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Wretch said:

points in the paint - 66 to 36.

This even more than rebounds alone. Just getting methodically plunged in the paint.

4 minutes ago, Wretch said:

because the straight stats just don't tell the whole story.

Exactly.

• Like 3

John Collins is not a max player. He is just one of the guys and should be paid as such. He has done nothing in these playoff to prove that he is a max player. He is not a bum at all. It's a good thing that we got a solid team before his contract was up because I would have agreed that he was a max player 15 months ago. Game 5 just proves it.  

START OF THE GAME - - BUCKS COULDN'T MISS - - HAWKS COULDN'T HIT - - END OF STORY.

Lopes missed one.  That's all.  He personally destroyed Atlanta early in the game.  By the time the Hawks awakened from their sleepwalk, the game, for all practical thinking, was over.

Bucks, poor three point shooters, hit their first two.  Meanwhile, the Hawks hit two of their first humpteen shots while Lopes went inside and scored, over and over.  

Ask yourself.  If, before the playoffs started, you were told, Hawks will have a 2-3 record in the east coast finals with an opportunity to win 2 and advance to the championship, would you take it?  I would.

GO BIG A - - WIN THE NEXT 2 !!

:sun:

• Like 3

I was listening to Eddie Johnson on SiriusXM and he called this to the T.  Milwaukee' s other starters showed up with more opportunities.  Our starters save Bogie didn't.  We can win this series without Trae, but guys have to excel at their roles. 

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

We needed points early when he was like 3-12 in the first half.

Ya this. The first quarter just killed us. You can be down but not 30-10 in a game 5 of the ECF on the road no less and expect to come out of it. 

Let’s regroup and get a game 6 win.

• Like 3