• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bucks -- ECF GAME 5

RandomFan

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

the game was lost in the 1st quarter when both JC and Huerter went 0-8 in their 1st 7 minutes of play and was also unable to do anything on defense.

This. Can’t get down 30-10 on the road in the ECF. 

• Like 2

You also go down 30-10 when a terrible 3 point shooting team goes 2-2 on their first threes of the game. Add that in with the easy dunks and layups (bad D by us) and allowing them to play so “handsy” on defense… game over in Q1. 

• Like 1

Just now, kg01 said:

Jrue

Speaking of Jrue, our defense was so bad that he was literally handing the ball off to Lopez in the paint, and with Lopez being 8’7”, he’s a load to handle that deep. (That’s not what she said)..

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

shiat

I was saying this all night.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Speaking of Jrue, our defense was so bad that he was literally handing the ball off to Lopez in the paint, and with Lopez being 8’7”, he’s a load to handle that deep. (That’s not what she said)..

I was saying this all night.

The game was a clear illustration of what happens when one team decides to hit first and the other team kinda sorta taps back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When Brook Lopez starts dribbling for more than 3 seconds a couple things happen, I imagine I’m watch NBA jam with the big head big character players and I can’t stop laughing for 1-3 minutes. :laugh1:

OH I GOT IT! Brook Lopez is Will Ferrell when he realized he wasn’t an elf! 

:50 second mark Brook Lopez :laugh1:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And, just so folks know, I'm taking full responsibility for this loss.

Every time we have more than 1 gif montage, we've lost.

Accountability starts with kg today, folks.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47f84zojiew5y6m7zz0d

Request: for someone to be shown as Todd Haley excited on the Chiefs sidelines 10 years ago, I think you actually used to use that one a lot kg, you stopped. You had that one while @JayBirdHawk dominated with the cat drag, the sensible chuckle and the let it go gifs! 

I actually jump up and down like Haley. I don’t look as weird though, that fool looks like he’s 2 minutes from heading down a Ron Jeremy line for a treat.

• Premium Member

This pretty much shows why we lost. The defensive intensity we had in game 4 was non existent in this game - missed assignments, slow rotations, no resistance at the point of attack.

Screenshot_20210702-105604_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Request: for someone to be shown as Todd Haley excited on the Chiefs sidelines 10 years ago, I think you actually used to use that one a lot kg, you stopped. You had that one while @JayBirdHawk dominated with the cat drag, the sensible chuckle and the let it go gifs! 

I actually jump up and down like Haley. I don’t look as weird though, that fool looks like he’s 2 minutes from heading down a Ron Jeremy line for a treat.

Hard to find, see if these work ...

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/exfda.gif

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/exfda.gif

Spoiler

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47ce18gqoht3qmag7xe

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

yep.

As much as folks hate it/him, last night might've been a Solo game.  If nothing else, the guy brings energy.  Has no idea what to do with it other than hit folks and toss his body around but that would've been better than 'deer in headlights' play.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This pretty much shows why we lost. The defensive intensity we had in game 4 was non existent in this game - missed assignments, slow rotations, no resistance at the point of attack.

Screenshot_20210702-105604_Samsung Internet.jpg

Just pathetic. I can take a loss, but not like that.  That game was so hard to watch.

• Like 4