• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bucks -- ECF GAME 5

RandomFan

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Kinda bummed out about the loss. Get ready for game 6.

Not as deflating as the game 3 loss with Trae going down and they were able to respond. So we'll see what we get game 6, I fully expect they'll get our best shot regardless of who plays.

• Like 1

That loss was so disappointing, I said i was going to stay away and mope alone. State Farm was packed for a viewing party. We just knew the Hawks was going to carry over that energy and momentum from game 4. Instead we got the worst effort I have ever seen this group display. It's like they want the media to have the Disney narrative of Giannis coming back for game 7 and destroying us to lead this team to the finals.

I will never stop believing but damn this hurts. 😞 . 

Let's take game 6 and make them cry on their home floor game 7. Middleton is one whiny ass dude. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Players defending Brook Lopez, and FG conceded:

Capela 3’38" – - – 2/3

Collins 2’38" – - – 5/5

OO 2’10" – - – 2/2

Gallinari 1’13" – - – 1/2

Bogdan 0’40" – - – 2/3

Williams 0’40" – - – 0/0

Huerter 0’28" – - – 2/2

Cam 0’23" – - – 0/0

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ATLHawks3 said:

If Capela and JC aren't winning their matchups, especially with Giannis out, we aren't gonna win this series.

That is why I would like their minutes limited if ineffective and go with Gallo and 00 for close to 30 minutes. We could still win but am hoping Trae is running the offense it to help insure it.

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

This even more than rebounds alone. Just getting methodically plunged in the paint.

Exactly.

Biggest part of the story to me was Jrue.

• Like 1

• Moderators

The way the Bucks played last night was out of character.   I don't think they can do it again.   The biggest question is can we friggin execute and rebound.   It doesn't matter what they do if we run our offense and rebound the ball. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t care about his stat line as much as I do the energy he can bring us. He had 4 points and 7 boards in game 4 but it was huge as far as the the energy he brought. None of that happened last night. Forget stats, specially in the playoffs.

I hear you but I think some are trying to hold him to a different standard than everybody else.   I mean, KaVon was just as energyless... in fact, our whole starting squad came out with the wrong mindset but when I read the comments, it seems like the blunt of the blame goes to JC.  If I had told you that a player played a playoff game had 19/8/and 3.. shot 60% from 3 and 48% from the field... you probably would say... he made a good contribution to his team.   However, some may have an agenda around here but they cast the whole loss on JC's production...   I don't mind you blaming his energy but to blame his production is ?????   You could easily blame Huerter for not showing up.  You can easily blame Capela for not having a high scoring game.   But the truth is that we had a bad start.  If  you take away the bad start... we outplayed them for most of the rest of the game. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Wurider05 said:

John Collins is not a max player. He is just one of the guys and should be paid as such. He has done nothing in these playoff to prove that he is a max player. He is not a bum at all. It's a good thing that we got a solid team before his contract was up because I would have agreed that he was a max player 15 months ago. Game 5 just proves it.  

I think it's a tell of two coaches. 

Some argue that he's not a max contract player now.

Well, Nate has used him differently than LP did.    Nate has instituted a 5 player game.  LP kinda used a Trae to Capela, Trae to JC lob fest.   

JC will fetch more than many people here would believe on the open market. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

His statline got much better when the Hawks were down by 15+ in the fourth quarter.  We needed points early when he was like 3-12 in the first half.  His lack of effectiveness to keep the Bucks off the boards and on defense was the big issue.  He didn't scrap the way we've seen him do in his best games (even ones where he scored less).  

I agree with this.

I think everybody took a dump in that first quarter and that led to our downfall.  I didn't miss the refs contribution to that dump because they allowed a lot of momentum builds for Milwaukee.  But our interior defense was horrid all game. 

Honestly though.... I don't think Nate plays us to stop anybody on the interior.   I mean think about the guys that killed us during these playoffs...

1.  Derrick Rose.  Most of his points were off drives. 

2.  Embiid.  Most of his points were inside and a few of his elbow fall aways. 

3.  Giannis.  When he set his mind to score inside... he did so with ease. 

4.   Lopez and P Jr.   They took advantage of us inside.

I think Nates plan has been to run guys off the three point line and beat the other team by outscoring them and getting a few stops. 

The problem comes when you have 2nd chance shots and when your three ball is working.    As I said before we couldn't take more than Curry and Embiid.   Once Harris or Maxy or Milton started going off.. it's too much pressure for us.

Same with Milwaukee. 

Giannis was enough.. but once Holiday and Middleton start going off it's too much. 

Last night, their whole starting 5 was going off..

But (And I haven't looked at all the numbers) I believe that we won Quarters 2, 3, and 4. 

We just had a terrible 1st quarter. 

• Premium Member

I had a chance to look at the numbers.

We got punched in the face offensively twice.

1st and 3rd quarters.   In each of those quarters we only put up 22 points. 

That's the game.   We are -18 in the 1st and 3rd quarters. 

Offensively, we just didn't do enough.  In the 3rd quarter we played better defense and if we had played good defense in the first quarter, we would have won this game.   But we still can't turn in 22 point quarters and think that we can win.   The sad part is that in the first quarter we shot 27% and in the 3rd quarter we shot 47%.

• Premium Member

The Hawks lost because the bigs didn't do their jobs last night. If Capela is going to play and be effective, he needs a mask or some goggles on so he doesn't play like he's afraid of reinjuring his eye. Collins has been getting beat up all Playoffs and I think it's beginning to wear him down, but he has to be able to seal off Pat Connaughton and Jrue Holiday in the post and score over them at 6'9. Also, both Capela and Collins should have had more than 16 rebounds combined this game. There were too many rebounds in their vicinity that were not secured. They should know by now that the Bucks are allowed to push and hack. For the love of all that's holy box out, squeeze the basketball, get the ball over your head or those elbows out, and deliver the outlet pass to the guard. Stop looking for a whistle and SECURE THE BASKETBALL. A stop isn't really a stop if you don't rebound the ball. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I agree with this.

I think everybody took a dump in that first quarter and that led to our downfall.  I didn't miss the refs contribution to that dump because they allowed a lot of momentum builds for Milwaukee.  But our interior defense was horrid all game. 

Honestly though.... I don't think Nate plays us to stop anybody on the interior.   I mean think about the guys that killed us during these playoffs...

1.  Derrick Rose.  Most of his points were off drives. 

2.  Embiid.  Most of his points were inside and a few of his elbow fall aways. 

3.  Giannis.  When he set his mind to score inside... he did so with ease. 

4.   Lopez and P Jr.   They took advantage of us inside.

I think Nates plan has been to run guys off the three point line and beat the other team by outscoring them and getting a few stops. 

The problem comes when you have 2nd chance shots and when your three ball is working.    As I said before we couldn't take more than Curry and Embiid.   Once Harris or Maxy or Milton started going off.. it's too much pressure for us.

Same with Milwaukee. 

Giannis was enough.. but once Holiday and Middleton start going off it's too much. 

Last night, their whole starting 5 was going off..

But (And I haven't looked at all the numbers) I believe that we won Quarters 2, 3, and 4. 

We just had a terrible 1st quarter. 

It seemed like the Bucks had a thousand offensive rebounds off of hustle plays. 

• Like 2