2021 into 2022 OFFSEASON News and Notes

RandomFan

Team USA is bouncing back against Argentina right now.

I will say, to be fair, in the Olympic field, Nigeria has the most NBA players outside of team USA, most of them bench guys, and Australia has the best mix of NBA players and talent/experience.

Other than those 2 teams, Slovenia (Luka) is the only other team to worry about. And that's only because of Luka.

Its a pretty weak field overall.

Japan- Rui

Italy- Gallo

Iran

France

Czech

Spain- Gasol brothers and Rubio

Nigeria- beat us by 3

Australia- beat us 

Slovenia- Luka

Argentina

Germany

22 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Stupid a**.  That why yall drafted Doumboya?  If so, may wanna revamp yer process, bro.

Hey how come Robert Williams never became a Piston? He never had to make his bed because he never got out of it! :banjo:

I’ll be here most the week, tip your waitresses. Mask up. :drinks:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, georgia said:

I’ve heard Cam’s work ethic is below average.   Hope it changes 

Good news on JC.   Thing is, we don’t want to max him and if some of these other teams do they’re idiots!

Oh Laaawwwdddd! ….what have you done? This thread about to go 20 pages now by the end of tomorrow! Lol

🤦🏾‍♂️

here he comes ….5….4….3….2…..1….

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JTB said:

Oh Laaawwwdddd! ….what have you done? This thread about to go 20 pages now by the end of tomorrow! Lol

🤦🏾‍♂️

here he comes ….5….4….3….2…..1….

Not sure who's coming but i hope it's to deny what this dude said because Cam's work ethic is the one thing no one should question.  His killer instinct i can give em, his lack of confidence sure, his shot being a little weird aight cool.  Although supposedly he changed that over the season while injured and it looked much cleaner in the playoffs.   But his work ethic he was quite known for at Duke and i haven't heard any different from any coach in the nba in an interview.  Cam's work ethic is one of his best attributes for years now.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Isn't Grant Hill replacing him?  

https://www.ksat.com/sports/2021/04/04/usa-basketball-picks-grant-hill-as-colangelos-replacement/

Grant has zero track record but if he is going to just lean on Colangelo Jr to run things while he does TV interviews that won't be a step forward.  Can't say Grant has shown any real excitement for our young Hawks but hopefully he wouldn't pass on Hunter, Trae, Cam, etc. to bring in freaking John Jenkins, etc.

To his credit, Grant hopped on the bandwagon this postseason ... just in time to get some camera time.

Is Jenkins still alive?  Are you sure?

• Haha 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

To his credit, Grant hopped on the bandwagon this postseason ... just in time to get some camera time.

Is Jenkins still alive?  Are you sure?

image.png

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Team USA is bouncing back against Argentina right now.

I will say, to be fair, in the Olympic field, Nigeria has the most NBA players outside of team USA, most of them bench guys, and Australia has the best mix of NBA players and talent/experience.

Other than those 2 teams, Slovenia (Luka) is the only other team to worry about. And that's only because of Luka.

Its a pretty weak field overall.

Japan- Rui

Italy- Gallo

Iran

France

Czech

Spain- Gasol brothers and Rubio

Nigeria- beat us by 3

Australia- beat us 

Slovenia- Luka

Argentina

Germany

I forgot that France was loaded too, Gobert, Batum, Fornier, Frank Nitty from the Knicks and TLC from the Nets.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I forgot that France was loaded too, Gobert, Batum, Fornier, Frank Nitty from the Knicks and TLC from the Nets.

Pretty rude that you refuse to spell French dudes names right.

How would you like it if folks called you RedDog, just because?

It's Ntilikina.  Google him and Fournier.  Educate yourself, RD.  Geez

• Haha 3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

:censored:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

I refuse to google Fournier lol 

They can kick rocks, we bailed their butts out of 2 different wars, they owe us the freedom to jack up their names lol

• Haha 3