• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021 into 2022 OFFSEASON News and Notes

RandomFan

• Moderators
19 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. There isn't a much more clear case of natural selection than what is currently being observed with 99% of current Covid deaths happening to unvaccinated people.

Very true but all the unvaccinated people are also a petri dish for development of new variants that the vaccine might not be effective against so it is a little different than people just stupidly exposing themselves and leaving the remaining population stronger.  Give a disease like this enough unvaccinated people, and I'm afraid for how long it will continue to evolve and ruin lives.  Crazy that the vast majority of people who refuse to take it also love Trump who has stated he deserves the credit for its development.  Wish he would stick with that push the non-scientist people pushing bad information on Fox News to sing his praises and promote the vaccine.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

I wonder, if Phoenix went ahead with the 2018 pre-Lottery plan and drafted their new coach's pupil, would they still be spinning their wheels, rather than title-contending, right now?

~lw3

Wait is this the Suns x coach that didn’t draft Luka in 2018?

14 minutes ago, AHF said:

Very true but all the unvaccinated people are also a petri dish for development of new variants that the vaccine might not be effective against so it is a little different than people just stupidly exposing themselves and leaving the remaining population stronger.  Give a disease like this enough unvaccinated people, and I'm afraid for how long it will continue to evolve and ruin lives.  Crazy that the vast majority of people who refuse to take it also love Trump who has stated he deserves the credit for its development.  Wish he would stick with that push the non-scientist people pushing bad information on Fox News to sing his praises and promote the vaccine.

From what I read, the vaccines have been effective in minimizing the effect of the variant infections. As in virtually no hospitalizations or deaths.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

So Holinger doesn't think Cam will be as good as MPjr?  ok.   I know i'm a homer but that seems like a pretty low bar considering he's already 10x the defender. 

This is actually a close one in the future for better overall guy. MJP is a bada$$ I’m not ignoring that at all but Cam got that 2 way po thing goin on. 

It’ll be super close. In 2 years I’d guess their 2K ratings will be:

Cam 90/100

MPJ 89/100

20 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

From what I read, the vaccines have been effective in minimizing the effect of the variant infections. As in virtually no hospitalizations or deaths.

So far. But it's a continual roll of the dice the longer the virus is allowed to survive and mutate. Eventually, there will be a mutation that is resistant to the vaccine, and then we'll be back at square one. 

All because a portion of our fellow mankind our anti-science, anti-reality, and yes as AHF pointed out,  usually Trump lovers.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

So far. But it's a continual roll of the dice the longer the virus is allowed to survive and mutate. Eventually, there will be a mutation that is resistant to the vaccine, and then we'll be back at square one. 

All because a portion of our fellow mankind our anti-science, anti-reality, and yes as AHF pointed out,  usually Trump lovers.

Back at square one? Theoretically Possible, but still unlikely. 

52 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Back at square one? Theoretically Possible, but still unlikely. 

Square one meaning back to having to create a new vaccine for the new mutated strain of the virus, and then get the entire planet vaccinated again. (Yes I know we haven't achieved that yet in the first place). And mask requirements and quarantines again. 

I'll say square 2 since we have developed the new vaccine delivery system needed for a potential future vaccine. 

The main point still stands though. 

Edited by RandomFan
  • Like 2

On 7/15/2021 at 5:31 PM, AHF said:

There is statistical evidence that unvaccinated people are more closely correlated with socio economic status than political affiliation. Vaccination rates are also low among working class Blacks and Latinos, the vast majority of whom did not vote for Trump. Even among Trump voters, more affluent Trump voters are more likely to vaccinated than working class Trump voters. I'm not a Trump person personally, but he did largely encourage and support vaccines. 

1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

A noteworthy graphic for not simply who's up on "top," but for who's hovering down there with CP3 and Book at the "bottom."

~lw3!4!5!6!7!8!9!10!11!12!

I could be misunderstanding this graph, but isn't it just saying that Trae shoots his FTs quickly while Giannis and Randle take their sweet time?  This graph isn't about frequency of attempts right?  

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I could be misunderstanding this graph, but isn't it just saying that Trae shoots his FTs quickly while Giannis and Randle take their sweet time?  This graph isn't about frequency of attempts right?  

It's not so much the frequency, but the "spread" of different times allowed to take a second FTA (after the first one was already taken). The mountainous peaks suggest a measure of consistency regardless of how long it takes each player, whereas Giannis' little mesa up there suggests his timing has been all over the place.

~lw3

13 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Did you seriously say this with a straight face? I can't even with you right now...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2021/04/20/trump-vaccines-ex-aides-483387

Didn't Trump spend months bragging about operation warp speed? The program to bring vaccines on line as quickly as possible. I wouldn't say that sounds like an anti-vaxxer. 

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Didn't Trump spend months bragging about operation warp speed? The program to bring vaccines on line as quickly as possible. I wouldn't say that sounds like an anti-vaxxer. 

I dont want to turn this political but I think you're both wrong and right.  Yes, he touted the vax but now, as it seems others are getting credit, he iiuc has turned anti-vax.

The whole thing is weird and political.   I'm not taking a stance either way, just presenting info as I understand it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I dont want to turn this political but I think you're both wrong and right.  Yes, he touted the vax but now, as it seems others are getting credit, he iiuc has turned anti-vax.

The whole thing is weird and political.   I'm not taking a stance either way, just presenting info as I understand it.

Trump has not tuned anti-vaxx. I think people just assume he has because many on the far right have. Trump was anti-lockdown, which is an entirely separate issue. He is also making baseless claims of election fraud, which is certainly not helping his credibility. But as far as tweets or public statements discrediting the legitamacy of vaccines, I know of none. 

• Moderators

My apologies for dragging us into Politiworld with the Brad-and-Kamiah news. I only hoped to tip-toe around that third rail to emphasize how, for a guy who supposedly wanted to be an Olympian SO SO BADLY, Bradley would've at least curbed his better-half's advice and looked out for Number One (and the Numbers of teammates who might be impacted) by getting himself sufficiently jabbed. Being selfish is one thing, but so much so that you risk your own golden dreams and potentially screw up somebody else's (has anyone heard from Jerami yet?) is just <<oprahnod.gif>>.

Speaking of which, at the time of Madame Beal's finger-wagging tweet to her dear followers, in January, her hubbie's Wizards were already going through this:

https://sports.yahoo.com/washington-wizards-spurs-return-struggle-coronavirus-covid19-pandemic-outbreak-scott-brooks-054938408.html

At least all that was before the vaxxes became readily available to the Gen-Pop. It's July, Brad.

Coach Pop was far more gracious than I could've been.

^Thankfully, not literally, in large part because...

~lw3

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

My apologies for dragging us into Politiworld with the Brad-and-Kamiah news. I only hoped to tip-toe around that third rail to emphasize how, for a guy who supposedly wanted to be an Olympian SO SO BADLY, Bradley would've at least curbed his better-half's advice and looked out for Number One (and the Numbers of teammates who might be impacted) by getting himself sufficiently jabbed. Being selfish is one thing, but so much so that you risk your own golden dreams and potentially screw up somebody else's (has anyone heard from Jerami yet?) is just <<oprahnod.gif>>.

Speaking of which, at the time of Madame Beal's finger-wagging tweet to her dear followers, in January, her hubbie's Wizards were already going through this:

https://sports.yahoo.com/washington-wizards-spurs-return-struggle-coronavirus-covid19-pandemic-outbreak-scott-brooks-054938408.html

At least all that was before the vaxxes became readily available to the Gen-Pop. It's July, Brad.

Coach Pop was far more gracious than I could've been.

^Thankfully, not literally, in large part because...

~lw3

The notion that anti-vaxx sentiment is specific to right leaning Trump voters is quite frankly not accurate. There is quite a bit of skepticism and/or indifference to getting vaccinated in Black and Latino communities. Sports is kind of a microcosm of society and we have seen athletes of all stripes choose not to get vaccinated. Personally, I dont understand the opposition after hundreds of millions of people have already gotten the jab, and side effects are largely mild or none.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

The notion that anti-vaxx sentiment is specific to right leaning Trump voters is quite frankly not accurate. There is quite a bit of skepticism and/or indifference to getting vaccinated in Black and Latino communities. Sports is kind of a microcosm of society and we have seen athletes of all stripes choose not to get vaccinated. Personally, I dont understand the opposition after hundreds of millions of people have already gotten the jab, and side effects are largely mild or none.

Brad, for one, and his beloved are prime examples of this. Let's all leave it at that!

~lw3