• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021 into 2022 OFFSEASON News and Notes

RandomFan

23 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Does this have any legs? Im not familiar with such a mechanism.

But for guys like Cam or OO it could make sense since their first 2 seasons will be kind of a wash with so much developmental time missed to injury. 

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

NBA Executives.  Didn't ask anyone in the Hawks..lol

This is trash!

Just for clarification, I thought they were implying that we could restart the clock on a player who is currently on their rookie contract by forfeiting a pick to the league. Extending the window of time required to have to re-sign them until later.

That was my general understanding.

But all of these pop ups saying we are open to trading Cam for a 1st round pick are absolutely trash and I am not down for that.

If we only have to surrender a late 1st to gain 2 more years of rookie scale Cam or OO, I think that's a boss idea.

But more and more it sounds like I interpreted things very wrong.

Edited by RedDawg#8

I don’t want Beal.

Hawks in the mix for Bradley Beal too?

Teams around the league will eagerly await his decision. If he becomes available, he is not just a guy but the guy this summer — unless, of course, the market for Lillard starts to crescendo. The Warriors, 76ers, Heat and Hawks could all get in on the mix,according to sources. Others would certainly inquire, even if the list may not be as robust as it could have been if the Wizards pulled the trigger on a Beal trade a year ago … before the Nets gave up pieces for James Harden, the Bucks gave up ones for Holiday, the Nuggets gave up ones for Aaron Gordon and the Bulls gave up ones for Nikola Vucevic.

I have a weird feeling that Ben Simmons will be DC bound with Beal heading to the Sixers. I could be wrong because having Westbrook and Simmons is horrible on the perimeter. 

Don’t see him going to the Warriors or us.

The Heat is another possibility with them giving up Herro and a couple others.

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I have a weird feeling that Ben Simmons will be DC bound with Beal heading to the Sixers. I could be wrong because having Westbrook and Simmons is horrible on the perimeter. 

Don’t see him going to the Warriors or us.

The Heat is another possibility with them giving up Herro and a couple others.

Think teams see through the fog on Herro.  Can't see him being the centerpiece of a Beal trade now.

I'm thinking Beal ends up in nor-Cal.  You and him may end up shopping at the same grocery store, spud.  Try not to knee-cap that fool.

Speaking of nor-Cal, I think Simmons ends up in SACto.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

This would stink to because I want the Kings to always be better than the Warriors but Ben is gonna ruin Sac. Oh man. 

In the right situation Ben can be very successful. He needs to be surrounded by shooters a five that plays on the perimeter.  Minnesota with KAT is actually a good fit for him, they make up for each other's weaknesses perfectly.  I don't think Minnesota would be interested though. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, marco102 said:

In the right situation Ben can be very successful. He needs to be surrounded by shooters a five that plays on the perimeter.  Minnesota with KAT is actually a good fit for him, they make up for each other's weaknesses perfectly.  I don't think Minnesota would be interested though. 

Agreed Minny should make a play for Ben. Like you said he’s a good fit with KAT. If I’m Minny I do something big. You can’t go into another year hoping it gets better with DLo. Ant 🐜 man is good but they will have to wait some more in the west unless they make a big move I think.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Agreed Minny should make a play for Ben. Like you said he’s a good fit with KAT. If I’m Minny I do something big. You can’t go into another year hoping it gets better with DLo. Ant 🐜 man is good but they will have to wait some more in the west unless they make a big move I think.

Let's be honest, 'Sota is out here just wastin careers, man.

Don't tell soth I said that.  He already don't slow down when he see me cross the cul de sac.

• Haha 2

YAnuXhye_mini.jpg

Hoop Central

@TheHoopCentral
· 1h
“Rumor has it that the Thunder offered the No. 6 pick and Shai Gilgeous-Alexander in exchange for No. 1 -- the Pistons declined.” 

Pistons declined this? 

56 minutes ago, terrell said:

YAnuXhye_mini.jpg

Hoop Central

@TheHoopCentral
· 1h
“Rumor has it that the Thunder offered the No. 6 pick and Shai Gilgeous-Alexander in exchange for No. 1 -- the Pistons declined.” 

Pistons declined this? 

Wow. Unless they didn't want to pay Shai, I would've done that deal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Wow. Unless they didn't want to pay Shai, I would've done that deal.

Yea they might have had reservations about giving him a max deal or it's possible Shai's agent told them he wasnt interested in being in Detroit. You cant really trade for a max guy unless they are all in.