• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021 into 2022 OFFSEASON News and Notes

RandomFan

• Moderators
On 7/25/2021 at 8:14 PM, RedDawg#8 said:

Just for clarification, I thought they were implying that we could restart the clock on a player who is currently on their rookie contract by forfeiting a pick to the league. Extending the window of time required to have to re-sign them until later.

That was my general understanding.

But all of these pop ups saying we are open to trading Cam for a 1st round pick are absolutely trash and I am not down for that.

If we only have to surrender a late 1st to gain 2 more years of rookie scale Cam or OO, I think that's a boss idea.

But more and more it sounds like I interpreted things very wrong.

Missed this but to be clear there is no ability to "restart the clock" on a given player's rookie contract by forfeiting a pick or any other way.  The article was implying we would give up one of our young players on a rookie contract and get a lottery pick who is just starting their rookie contract (thus "restarting" the clock by going from someone with maybe a year or two left on their rookie deal to a rookie with 4 years).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, marco102 said:

This will get interesting. 

They traded for Jonas to start over him and it pissed him off ...............................😀

• Haha 1

Well ... I figured it was time to start a new "season" after this fabulous draft!

(Actually, I stopped getting haircuts and shaving when the pandemic started, but taking my first flight out of town today and didn't want to get questioned by security at the airport!).  🤣

2021-06-23 12.32.00.jpg

2021-06-24 10.18.14.jpg

Right now, we got Dunn and Bruno on the trading block.

As it stands

Trae/(Lou Will)/Dunn*/Coop
Bogi/Kevin
Hunter/Killa/Solo
(JC)/Gallo/JJ
Capela/Okongwu/Bruno*

We got 15 players and we still need a vet center. Bruno will be traded or cut. Dunn will be traded.

Mays and Knight might have to resign as two way contracts again. Mays should with no questions but Knight could bounce or maybe he's cool with the 2-way. I had Goodwin gone already. That said, Goodwin got suitors, a lot of guys like him. Indiana and LP will probably sign him

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Right now, we got Dunn and Bruno on the trading block.

As it stands

Trae/(Lou Will)/Dunn*/Coop
Bogi/Kevin
Hunter/Killa/Solo
(JC)/Gallo/JJ
Capela/Okongwu/Bruno*

We got 15 players and we still need a vet center. Bruno will be traded or cut. Dunn will be traded.

Mays and Knight might have to resign as two way contracts again. Mays should with no questions but Knight could bounce or maybe he's cool with the 2-way. I had Goodwin gone already. That said, Goodwin got suitors, a lot of guys like him. Indiana and LP will probably sign him

So Lou Will coming back?   I'd like to see it.