• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021 into 2022 OFFSEASON News and Notes

RandomFan

Boston re-signs Robert Williams, 4/$54millo.

Braaad is gonna give Budz a run for his money as the best coach-turned-GM (for opposing teams).

Yeah, I know. Williams is a decent player and this isn't "terrible" money.  However, I think he's a health concern and I don't think he gives them anything offensively.

Coupled with making Smart more expensive while not really making their team better, that's why I'm dubious on Braaaaad's front office-ship.

Braaaad's not GMing, he's just tryna runitbak to 2017 or whenever they used to be good.

• Like 4

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Was he awake long enough to sign it? :laugh1: Kid loves his sleep. Seriously though I know he’s a good defensive player but that contract is crazy.

Williams is kind of a crazy player.  At age 23, he averaged 15.2 points and 13.1 rebounds to go with 3.3 blocks and 1.6 steals per 36 and scored those points on a crazy .721% FG%.  

But he only got 18.9 minutes per game with the new GM as the coach.  If he was so good on a per minute basis, why didn't you play him more?  If he was worth this contract, why didn't you play him more?  

Confusing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Boston re-signs Robert Williams, 4/$54millo.

:ahf2:......wow, the money itself it's not bad value in general but Williams has started 13 games and is always injured or on minutes restrictions.

• Like 2

Gallo’s final act?

Danilo Gallinari discusses potential return to Italy

i_5a_c4_10_danilo-gallinari.png?w=190

Asked about choosing to play in the NBA, he admitted to having “no regrets. Of course, my time with Armani Milan comes to mind. I look at my father’s trophies, I imagine how much I would have won in Italy and Europe with the team I love: this is also a dream”. He also admitted that ending his playing term with his beloved team “would be the prestigious closure of a trajectory, of a career. But now is not the time. My father’s wish? He’s a big fan of Armani Milan, but he doesn’t say it. My mother? I think she’s also a fan, deep down.”

via BasketNews
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

13.5 million a year for Robert Williams, incredible. Celts are just making moves at this point and none of them are great.

I truly believe the Seees fans will view Braaaad's tenure the same as we view Buddz'

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sturt said:

Fun stuff...

And just had the thought occur to me.... how much better off would the Braves be if the richest Hawks bought out the current corporate owner?

I don’t know but Giannis swings like a little leaguer. Damn. Someone so athletically gifted swings it horribly. Having said that he is extraordinarily tall which might make it hard.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Gallo’s final act?

Danilo Gallinari discusses potential return to Italy

i_5a_c4_10_danilo-gallinari.png?w=190

Asked about choosing to play in the NBA, he admitted to having “no regrets. Of course, my time with Armani Milan comes to mind. I look at my father’s trophies, I imagine how much I would have won in Italy and Europe with the team I love: this is also a dream”. He also admitted that ending his playing term with his beloved team “would be the prestigious closure of a trajectory, of a career. But now is not the time. My father’s wish? He’s a big fan of Armani Milan, but he doesn’t say it. My mother? I think she’s also a fan, deep down.”

via BasketNews

It has to be unless he wants a MLE contract. He's all but gone in 2022 with JC resigning and the drafting of Jalen Johnson who should be ready by 2022-23. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

How can people not like Giannis.  That guy's so fun.

James Har_en is all ...

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e471korkiuagvhjh0v7t

Nothing against Giannis but he is the one who started in on Harden first.

He went out of his way to throw shade at him. Harden's comments towards Giannis only came when prompted in an interview to respond to what Giannis said.

Giannis basically said he picked Kemba over Harden because he wanted someone that could pass. Ignoring Hardens 10 apg, more than Giannis or Kemba at the time

Then he came out in an interview saying their gameplan was to give the ball to whoever Harden was guarding that game. Unprompted and specifically called him out.

Now, Im no Harden fan but where I'm from those are dang near fighting words on the court.

Harden tried to lay low every time Giannis threw shade. He finally made one soundbite and he became the antagonist because Giannis was the player the league wanted to prop up at the time.

2 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Nothing against Giannis but he is the one who started in on Harden first.

He went out of his way to throw shade at him. Harden's comments towards Giannis only came when prompted in an interview to respond to what Giannis said.

Giannis basically said he picked Kemba over Harden because he wanted someone that could pass. Ignoring Hardens 10 apg, more than Giannis or Kemba at the time

Then he came out in an interview saying their gameplan was to give the ball to whoever Harden was guarding that game. Unprompted and specifically called him out.

Now, Im no Harden fan but where I'm from those are dang near fighting words on the court.

Harden tried to lay low every time Giannis threw shade. He finally made one soundbite and he became the antagonist because Giannis was the player the league wanted to prop up at the time.

No, the Rockets started it with Giannis by saying (prior to the ASG comments) that Giannis didn't deserve the MVP.

Giannis certainly ended it with his ASG comments.  Har_en has been on the defensive (for the first time ever) ever since.

But, no, Giannis did not start it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

No, the Rockets started it with Giannis by saying (prior to the ASG comments) that Giannis didn't deserve the MVP.

Giannis certainly ended it with his ASG comments.  Har_en has been on the defensive (for the first time ever) ever since.

Didn’t Harden say Giannis is good because he’s 7 feet tall? Lol Harden.

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Didn’t Harden say Giannis is good because he’s 7 feet tall? Lol Harden.

Yes, when Rachel Nichols asked him to respond to Giannis saying he wasn't a passer. 

Harden said "I average 10 assists a game, I don't see the joke. It's easy to be 7 foot and just run and jump.... blah blah blah. "

Point is that was a response to Giannis

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Rockets did that. Harden did not name Giannis out of his mouth, and he only went after the media and their narratives, not Giannis specifically.

He had just come off a historic season that was up there with MJ type numbers. And everyone was riding Giannis. I understand his point too because they are now doing that with Luka. They are naming him a preseason MVP every year. After a while, whether he deserves it or not, he will get an MVP by virtue of being in the conversation for so long. All he needs is a season that is good enough to warrant it, regardless if there are others with similar numbers. They are building his case now, in advance.

Back to Harden. In every soundbite or interview except the one with Rachel Nichols, Harden went out of his way to avoid naming Giannis specifically and intentionally tried to downplay any negativity.

Giannis was the opposite. He came for Harden on multiple occasions by name and typically unprompted.

24 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Rockets did that. Harden did not name Giannis out of his mouth, and he only went after the media and their narratives, not Giannis specifically.

He had just come off a historic season that was up there with MJ type numbers. And everyone was riding Giannis. I understand his point too because they are now doing that with Luka. They are naming him a preseason MVP every year. After a while, whether he deserves it or not, he will get an MVP by virtue of being in the conversation for so long. All he needs is a season that is good enough to warrant it, regardless if there are others with similar numbers. They are building his case now, in advance.

Back to Harden. In every soundbite or interview except the one with Rachel Nichols, Harden went out of his way to avoid naming Giannis specifically and intentionally tried to downplay any negativity.

Giannis was the opposite. He came for Harden on multiple occasions by name and typically unprompted.

Eh, I'm not ready to absolve Har_en of blame.  Rockets did absolutely nothing without his blessing.

I think the bottom line for me is that I'm not a fan of Har_en so he won't get the benefit of the doubt from me.

I do think you have a fair recollection of the events in question though.